[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Community Team interaction in the Forums

I see thousands of threads and only 2 or 3 with response from eme staff, what is happening with these people, why do not they give us importance?

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    technically it isn't their job to keep in close touch with us, it's to keep the game going
    you're looking for the community manager for that
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    They seem to be more active on discord then here on the forums
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    so does any one know what is the discord link is for those of us that don't then and when their on
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    should be the official one, discord.gg/eme
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the amount of people on Discord and Twiiter its obvious why forums are the last option for EME to comunicate.
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Looking at the amount of people on Discord and Twiiter its obvious why forums are the last option for EME to comunicate.

While there are a lot of people on Twitter, the character limit makes it hard to really give or have back and forth feedback. Discord is better for that, but easily gets lost since it is more of a continuous chat system. EME should be taking anything significant said in Discord, such as the fact there will be more more strongbox jackpots, and put that on the forums, Twitter, or in that news posts about strongboxes so they don't seem disingenuous.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

it shouldn't matter how many are on discord, twitter, fakebook or whatever else is out there. this is the official tera forums from eme's website, and we should get the information first before all these other places. it would be like telling everyone in new York city that a meteor was going to hit a small town in Arizona before telling the people in az and evacuating them first just because nyc has more people living there.
  • > @allofspaceandtime said:
    > ElinUsagi wrote: »
    >
    > Looking at the amount of people on Discord and Twiiter its obvious why forums are the last option for EME to comunicate.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > it shouldn't matter how many are on discord, twitter, fakebook or whatever else is out there. this is the official tera forums from eme's website, and we should get the information first before all these other places. it would be like telling everyone in new York city that a meteor was going to hit a small town in Arizona before telling the people in az and evacuating them first just because nyc has more people living there.

Yeah what’s the point of having the official forums if they aren’t going to use it. Sounds like an excuse that EmE is using discord as a reason to neglect these forums.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    If only there were something similar to devtracker for Discord.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discord and twitter are okay for emergency updates and stuff, but legit feedback belongs in the forums as things don't get lost as fast and there's some more effort put in our discussions.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it's backwards as heck. If I managed a game with underage lolis in swimsuits, I wouldn't trust a third party chat program known for deleting loli servers, and I sure as hell wouldn't trust facebook. At any time, on any day, these companies could take a look at your game and decide it's not to their tastes and delete your whole thing. Meanwhile, you have this website that you control (or, about as much as anyone can control something that's hosted online) and you treat it like the last resort for posting info. That's so sad
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are too busy trying to get into the cool kids club by going to other social media sites while neglecting the one that they run. if eme/bhs started doing a better job with tera, word would get around and people would come and play. they would get popular and in turn make more money and then they wouldn't have to use the tactics that they have now to try and sell stuff.
    not everyone uses discord, twitter, facebook and so on. if you want to tell me something, don't tell the people 2 blocks away and hope I find out. tell me personally. same with tera site. it seems like tera keeps getting worse and worse with each passing year.
  • edited June 2018
    they are too busy trying to get into the cool kids club by going to other social media sites while neglecting the one that they run. if eme/bhs started doing a better job with tera, word would get around and people would come and play. they would get popular and in turn make more money and then they wouldn't have to use the tactics that they have now to try and sell stuff.
    not everyone uses discord, twitter, facebook and so on. if you want to tell me something, don't tell the people 2 blocks away and hope I find out. tell me personally. same with tera site. it seems like tera keeps getting worse and worse with each passing year.

Honestly, I think we're just getting old. The amount of people on the EME Discord vastly outnumbers this forum (who, it's not wrong to say, is mostly a small group of mostly-grumpy regulars these days), and even more so when you consider the other fan discords as well. EME's TERA Twitter account also has over 100k followers, and over 300k followers on Facebook. If the "word got around" in the community about anything, it's probably not going to be through forums or their home page anymore. (The point about the value of owning your own space is sort of "sign of the times." Maybe it'll come back in fashion some day...)

Doesn't change what I've said before about needing a better communication strategy across all mediums and a single go-to place to find everything... and doesn't change all the problems with the game or communication in general... but yeah, times have changed. Even I have to try to get used to it. I wonder how long before newer games just decide to not even have forums at all.