Are you thinking about merging servers EME ?

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lapomko wrote: »
    EME could do a scan of active accounts inside the database and see how many accounts would be affected by the merge to see if it's worth it. If you lose your accounts and items/gold just suck it up because you agreed to their ToS that you do not own anything in this game.

it is not lose item gold, but lose real money

and last time i check if you mess with the wrong customer with that, those customers can give you a lot trouble later, especially if they have a lot $ and want to law suit against you

so be careful with who you want suck it up, especially if the dude pay your bread
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    EME could do a scan of active accounts inside the database and see how many accounts would be affected by the merge to see if it's worth it. If you lose your accounts and items/gold just suck it up because you agreed to their ToS that you do not own anything in this game.

that would be the thing eme needs to do......if they want to lose even more players. how many whales and other people that spend 100s of dollars in the game do you think would spend another dime in the game if they did this?
    so yeah, by all means eme, do this. then you wouldn't need to merge servers, cause once word got out, you could fit everyone in ff server and still be a ghost town.
  • Lapomko wrote: »

...and this logic right here is exactly why I put my wallet away. As much as I want some more character slots, and want to expand my bank, I'm not going to throw good money away. I'll preorder Assassin's Creed Odyssey with that money instead, and I'll skip next month's elite status, and any other money I'd planned to spend, until I know what's going on. I don't own items in game, and I don't own the gold, but I do own my credit card, and it's parked. I hope that there's enough income from "but we want merges" to carry them for a while, because if not, merges won't stop the closure when the money stops coming in.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

that would be the thing eme needs to do......if they want to lose even more players. how many whales and other people that spend 100s of dollars in the game do you think would spend another dime in the game if they did this?
    so yeah, by all means eme, do this. then you wouldn't need to merge servers, cause once word got out, you could fit everyone in ff server and still be a ghost town.

is worst, enmasse can be faced with law suit if one of those customers is very upset than enmasse delete his characters without good reason and than this customer has enough money and will for law suit against enmasse
  • edited July 2018
    vkobe wrote: »

is worst, enmasse can be faced with law suit if one of those customers is very upset than enmasse delete his characters without good reason and than this customer has enough money and will for law suit against enmasse

There's no grounds for a lawsuit, as it is literally true that they have every right to do it. But people who bought that many character slots and character-bound items are not really people you want to upset if you can avoid it. It's in their best interest to find a solution that makes everyone happy.

In the end, the point is just "if/when you do a merge, find a way to deal with this problem." There are many ways to deal with it.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no grounds for a lawsuit, as it is literally true that they have every right to do it. But people who bought that many character slots and character-bound items are not really people you want to upset if you can avoid it. It's in their best interest to find a solution that makes everyone happy.

In the end, the point is just "if/when you do a merge, find a way to deal with this problem." There are many ways to deal with it.

personally i never underestimate american justice if the guys has enough money and enough anger to suit a company

and if the guy can proove than enmasse made him lost hundreds or thousands $ when they force him to delete his character because server merge, well i dont want to be in enmasse shoe if that happen :lol:
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

personally i never underestimate american justice if the guys has enough money and enough anger to suit a company

and if the guy can proove than enmasse made him lost hundreds or thousands $ when they force him to delete his character because server merge, well i dont want to be in enmasse shoe if that happen :lol:

At America (USA) you can sue for whatever reason you want but that doesnt mean you are going to win at the court.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

At America (USA) you can sue for whatever reason you want but that doesnt mean you are going to win at the court.

personally i will bet on the customer if he prove because enmasse he lost thousands $ because server merge ;)
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭

may be they should just delete the accounts of the players that wont/cant make it work on the server where they are , or wont do a payed transfer (when its available) as those players wouldnt affected the game mich as their having trouble now anyway.
    If you lose your accounts and items/gold just suck it up because you agreed to their ToS that you do not own anything in this game.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    Jarecks wrote: »
    This guy @Equitas is @LesbianVi 2.0?

This guy @Equitas is @Equitas 1.0.

I'll quote this, because you're other ramblings are just hurting my eyes. Don't you get sick of typing up pages of replies only to repeat yourself? We get you think everyone that doesn't run high level dungeons and group end game content should just leave the forum and blah, blah, blah. You've posted that already. (As if you'd ever help out a community with those spoiled-brat outbursts of yours.) We also know you have a severe case of Kami envy. You don't need to constantly prove it to us. I'm not reading the rest of your rant to even bother with whatever other junk you've decided to throw at me. I would only like to add that I think a padded cell would be better than the white bars. It's not fair to lockup the deranged.

BTW, you're really only contributing to the community if you're running end game dungeons and paying cash into the store. That whole load that only end game dungeon runners matter is bull. Getting stuff free from the store by selling gold only encourages the EMP sellers to not run end game dungeons and earn the gold for themselves. Yeah, they may get it from someone else, but maybe that gold seller actually pays into the store to. So, that whole load about f2p players that spam dungeons being so much more important than solo players that pay into the game is total crap. Plus, many of the high level dungeon spammers demanding the merge are the ones attacking newbies, because they want to get the dungeons over quickly. No, that isn't helping the community either.

BHS said the new gear system would be better, but made it much worse with horrific RNG and materials that take an enormous amount of time to acquire. New players simply get distracted by all of the classes and don't invest everything into one character, so there is no hope of them reaching the higher level dungeons. The Legion quests encourage us to make more alts and are simply easier than dealing with the drama associated with the higher level group content. Why deal with the whining, crying and bs associated with end game dungeons when you can spam legion or other tasks. They may not be as rewarding, but they certainly have less drama. Since EME has shown they simply don't care (report system still a joke) if players get targeted or harassed in game, seasoned MMO newbies are simply too scared/disgusted to even bother trying higher level dungeons. Merging servers will just mean more targeting and harassment in global. It still won't help out new players that are playing at all hours and constantly over-level the dungeons assigned to them. BHS won't bother trying to fix the issue until their servers start dying out. So, whatever you do, it is going to be a temporary fix. Plus, you know darn well those fighting for mergers are going to be screaming mad if there are any events in which we need to farm the map and compete for areas to farm. We're already crowded on dead servers when there are good events. It's just a no win either way.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    Koikoi wrote: »
    One mega server please. Ty.
    it'll be mega unstable and explode

Would that really be a bad thing?
    Equitas wrote: »
    Jarecks wrote: »
    This guy @Equitas is @LesbianVi 2.0?

This guy @Equitas is @Equitas 1.0.

Truth is babe, I keep trying to leave, but you keep bringing me back with all those mentions you do. I get it. You miss me, so here I am.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorlon wrote: »
    Welcome back Vi.

Thanks, sry for being late. I am trolling else where these days :naughty:
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Vorlon wrote: »
    Welcome back Vi.

Thanks, sry for being late. I am trolling else where these days :naughty:

more erping B)
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭