Are you thinking about merging servers EME ?

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Well, congratulations. You got your server merge. Maybe the population will pick up.

But, of course, this begs the question as to why the population was dropping in the first place. Just yelling "lol ded server fam xd" 20 times a day doesn't explain but so much...

Personally I believe a big problem lies in how eme is managing (or more like, lack of managing) the game. They're doing the bare minimum to keep it alive, especially after console release.

And so many region related decisions made by eme have been just plain dumb. Maintenances extending to ridiculous times especially when we take gameforge into account, shop decisions, lame events, cutting of vg's to force us to grind more, no more race changing costumes (seriously, they lost money from me this way, I would've race changed at least twice since that happened), sneakily installing xigncode etc.

So many things that used to make eme special and better compared to their only direct competitor gameforge (since there's a decent portion of eu players here and due to 3rd party programs ping doesn't make much of a difference, you could definitely say there's competition) are now gone, all we're left with is one of the most incompetent publishers I've ever witnessed.

Their priorities feel all messed up, everything is so messy and lackluster for the last year. I don't know man I don't get it, I feel like they're trying to sabotage themselves for whatever reason.

If we ignore the usual optimization issues that will never be fixed, I feel like the game is in an okayish state now. Content isn't getting removed, awakening part 2 is coming, there's a decent amount of challenging content, gearing isn't exactly too terrible, even pvpers can get mats etc. If eme knew how to manage stuff better I feel like we wouldn't have such terrible population issues. Obviously there would be some since this is an old mmo.

And again, that's all I was saying. Of course everyone has their reasons for leaving (or staying, for that matter), but I would bet money that if EME's upper management didn't make so many bone-headed decisions in such short order - despite us, the players, saying multiple times "No, do not do this; this is terrible idea!" - we wouldn't have had 2 separate threads about server merges in - what was it, 2 or 3 weeks?

We would still have a merge thread come up every now and again, I'm sure. But I'm also sure that it would be more to the tune of "Hey, these servers, er... serve the same purpose. Why not consolidate them?" rather than "server ded lmao merge pls" or "I can't sell my junk. MERGE NAOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    EME doesn't come on these forums much so it's very seldom they read any thing here
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Well, congratulations. You got your server merge. Maybe the population will pick up.

But, of course, this begs the question as to why the population was dropping in the first place. Just yelling "lol ded server fam xd" 20 times a day doesn't explain but so much...

Personally I believe a big problem lies in how eme is managing (or more like, lack of managing) the game. They're doing the bare minimum to keep it alive, especially after console release.

And so many region related decisions made by eme have been just plain dumb. Maintenances extending to ridiculous times especially when we take gameforge into account, shop decisions, lame events, cutting of vg's to force us to grind more, no more race changing costumes (seriously, they lost money from me this way, I would've race changed at least twice since that happened), sneakily installing xigncode etc.

So many things that used to make eme special and better compared to their only direct competitor gameforge (since there's a decent portion of eu players here and due to 3rd party programs ping doesn't make much of a difference, you could definitely say there's competition) are now gone, all we're left with is one of the most incompetent publishers I've ever witnessed.

Their priorities feel all messed up, everything is so messy and lackluster for the last year. I don't know man I don't get it, I feel like they're trying to sabotage themselves for whatever reason.

If we ignore the usual optimization issues that will never be fixed, I feel like the game is in an okayish state now. Content isn't getting removed, awakening part 2 is coming, there's a decent amount of challenging content, gearing isn't exactly too terrible, even pvpers can get mats etc. If eme knew how to manage stuff better I feel like we wouldn't have such terrible population issues. Obviously there would be some since this is an old mmo.

And again, that's all I was saying. Of course everyone has their reasons for leaving (or staying, for that matter), but I would bet money that if EME's upper management didn't make so many bone-headed decisions in such short order - despite us, the players, saying multiple times "No, do not do this; this is terrible idea!" - we wouldn't have had 2 separate threads about server merges in - what was it, 2 or 3 weeks?

We would still have a merge thread come up every now and again, I'm sure. But I'm also sure that it would be more to the tune of "Hey, these servers, er... serve the same purpose. Why not consolidate them?" rather than "server ded lmao merge pls" or "I can't sell my junk. MERGE NAOOOOOOOOO!!"

Point that at both EME and BHS.

This is the latest GM note coming out of KTERA: http://tera.nexon.com/News/Gmnote/View.aspx?n4ArticleSN=348

TL;DR:
    1) You can't enter the latest dungeon at all unless you have item level 457, as in you can't enter using the teleportal or IMS to get inside.
    2) Dragon with an active damage skill that will randomly make one crit hit an additional 320k damage every 60 seconds for 30 minutes.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »

This is the latest GM note coming out of KTERA: http://tera.nexon.com/News/Gmnote/View.aspx?n4ArticleSN=348

TL;DR:
    1) You can't enter the latest dungeon at all unless you have item level 457, as in you can't enter using the teleportal or IMS to get inside.
    2) Dragon with an active damage skill that will randomly make one crit hit an additional 320k damage every 60 seconds for 30 minutes.

Talking about P2W aspects that should be avoided u_u
  • SageWindu wrote: »

If EME does once again an idiotic move like merging PvP servers with PvE servers then they are only inviting people to quit again the game.

The problem wasn't merge PVP server with PVE... the real problem was merge x3 dead servers into one.

i'd like undestand why ppl complain so much about "PVP server".

• Guardian mission - Safe zone
    • All dungeons portal entrance - Safe zone
    • Wbam - some areas turn into safe zone while guardian mission is on.

plz tell a real reason to not merge PVP with PVE.

"Quit wave" is why doesnt have ppl to do PVP/PVE content, 90% all PVE content is make with "static" group and PVP content is dead why ofc, u dont have ppl enough to do.

That why the perfect option to merge is: ALL INTO ONE

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    people already quit tera, so it doesnt matter what enmasse will do

SysnoeS 4:55PM

If EME does once again an idiotic move like merging PvP servers with PvE servers then they are only inviting people to quit again the game.

The problem wasn't merge PVP server with PVE... the real problem was merge x3 dead servers into one.

i'd like undestand why ppl complain so much about "PVP server".

• Guardian mission - Safe zone
    • All dungeons portal entrance - Safe zone
    • Wbam - some areas turn into safe zone while guardian mission is on.

plz tell a real reason to not merge PVP with PVE.

"Quit wave" is why doesnt have ppl to do PVP/PVE content, 90% all PVE content is make with "static" group and PVP content is dead why ofc, u dont have ppl enough to do.

• vkobe wrote: »
    people already quit tera, so it doesnt matter what enmasse will do

I think that merge "all into one" can gives Tera NA a new "life-time".
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    clfarron4 wrote: »

TL;DR:

Talking about P2W aspects that should be avoided u_u

You realise the requirements for achieving item level 457 is the more pay to win part of that GM note, right? You won't be hitting 457 with full Heroic Oath +0 and Entropic Jewellery and because of the materials and costs required, anyone that successfully enchants HP is either buying the materials or exploiting.
  • I stopped playing months ago but still check forums to see if the game improves/watch tera burn.

I know it is not Enmasse's place to fix the many bugs in the game, or optimize it, or create anything new contentwise... they do however have control over rewards for normal gameplay and events, communication with playerbase and banning cheaters when presented with evidence.
    There have been many many threads in the past about the nerfed rewards and unrewarding content in general which all got stubbornly ignored by Enmasse.

"Yes, we've heard your feedback! We will be merging servers on TERA for PC!"

Had you listened to feedback there would not have been a need for mergers at this point!
    And because theres still xigncode, bugs, cheaters, even worse rng enchanting gear then in vm days, unrewarding content etc. it's not going to help at all.
    Do yourselves a favor people, stop investing in Tera as it is at the end of the line... i know, i know, you reaaaaly need to buy that server expansion so you can level up an all new elin brawler or whatever.. NOE!, DON'T!
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    It looks like Console is getting 5 free character slots and i wonder if PC is getting that same deal
    Seeing as all the character slots magically all been sold on the broker as soon the server merge news came out :/
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    It looks like Console is getting 5 free character slots and i wonder if PC is getting that same deal
    Seeing as all the character slots magically all been sold on the broker as soon the server merge news came out :/

Uhhhh.... its to attract the low population of consoles players. Xbox and PS4 dont share the same servers(Correct me if Im wrong). PC only share the same region, and Server so its not a problem for us so no freebies needed unless for some miracle PC TERA's population goes down 90% like console then maybe EME will make it that we get freebies also just so they wont loose us.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't think we should have to buy character slots just to keep our existing characters going into the merged servers. if you have 15 on av and 15 on ch and those two get merged together, then you should be able to keep all 30 characters instead of having to buy character slots to keep the extra ones or have to delete the excess ones. someone from eme needs to come on here and address this issue so that we know what to expect, if we need to start deleting characters or start buying character slots....which if its the later, then I wouldn't spend another cent in the game and i feel like many others if they have to delete characters or forced to buy slots to keep the ones they already have bought, then i think they would quit or quit spending money in tera as well. and then once word got out that this game will force you to keep buying or deleting stuff you bought, then i doubt new people will come to the game.
    so lets hope they handle this the right way and listen to the players like they listened to them about merging servers.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't think we should have to buy character slots just to keep our existing characters going into the merged servers. if you have 15 on av and 15 on ch and those two get merged together, then you should be able to keep all 30 characters instead of having to buy character slots to keep the extra ones or have to delete the excess ones. someone from eme needs to come on here and address this issue so that we know what to expect, if we need to start deleting characters or start buying character slots....which if its the later, then I wouldn't spend another cent in the game and i feel like many others if they have to delete characters or forced to buy slots to keep the ones they already have bought, then i think they would quit or quit spending money in tera as well. and then once word got out that this game will force you to keep buying or deleting stuff you bought, then i doubt new people will come to the game.
    so lets hope they handle this the right way and listen to the players like they listened to them about merging servers.

Like, I have a few characters that I don't really care about that I could delete, since the sum on AV, CH, MT and TR would go above a normal server's maximum. So, I do have some bit of flexibility on what I'm sorta OK with and what is beyond my limit. Heck, I'm ready to get shafted here, that ain't cool... But for sure, the mere fact of having to delete even if they were useless characters would already show a big "F" "U" on your face, making me even less interested in coming back to this. Still, if it does recover from this big slump and give me reason to come back then yeah why not.

Now, if they make me delete even characters that I DO care about, like, if I end up with less slots than I have in AV (main server), then for sure they can kiss goodbye to another player.
    Heh "kiss goodbye", who am I kidding if I left they would gladly slam the door at my back anyway...

I'm definitely curious about the future of this game now. Like, I really DO wanna come back one day when I have time, and play it for fun to my heart's content, just... Give me reasons to En Masse, I'm sorta hyped for an Elin Brawler after all...
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh "kiss goodbye", who am I kidding if I left they would gladly slam the door at my back anyway...

you're not the only one. I don't think they cared about all the other people leaving before all this. if they do, they haven't done anything to try and bring them back or to keep the ones here, or at least I haven't seen it. maybe they care on the other social media sites and forums, but from their official tera forums, I haven't seen it. heck, look at how many staff memebers have came and gone.
    I feel like if they don't handle the server merges right, then this game will be closed down this time next year. that would be a shame too cause this game was and could be better than all the others ive seen out there.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

you're not the only one. I don't think they cared about all the other people leaving before all this. if they do, they haven't done anything to try and bring them back or to keep the ones here, or at least I haven't seen it. maybe they care on the other social media sites and forums, but from their official tera forums, I haven't seen it. heck, look at how many staff memebers have came and gone.
    I feel like if they don't handle the server merges right, then this game will be closed down this time next year. that would be a shame too cause this game was and could be better than all the others ive seen out there.

It's not like comunity itself cares at all also, 2 years ago the same comunity in forums told us to those who complained about server merge to "suck it up and deal with it" with even worse words and I even told that I would be hanging here to see how this will be slowly dying. Now we have a simillar situation as 2 years ago. I will wonder how EME is going to deal with this or if they will show us, and part of the comunity also show us, that they really don't care and will do this merge in the worse way they can think about it.