[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Are you thinking about merging servers EME ?

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    SageWindu wrote: »
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Do you think it may be because of the price point and not because of population density?

Yeah.. it must may be because of the price point since nowadays you can make 1.3mil in ten days with regular farming while it can take so much more effort to enchant the weapon to +9 instead..

A really poor choice, right?

Also.. one month ago i could sell this baby at 1.8mil so easily but now something is wrong with the population..

So you want a server merge because you can't sell an item as fast as you could a month ago.

Okay, sure.

Would you believe me if I tell you some people who paid server transfer did it because broker prices of some items? :v

for exemple elin usagi ?

I have never paid server transfer on any game I have ever played.

ok because you said you spend 2000$ every year in tera :3

It would be pretty stupid to spend 2k dls on server transfers and that is not the only thing you can pay for in the game.

Try again.

spend 2000$ to transfers all your cute elin in a cute elin server :3
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ReChoa wrote: »
    It's funny how EME never tries to do something different from what BHS does, but when it comes to things that actually help the player base EME tries to do something different from bhs, and it miserably fails, KR has 2 servers and every time I log in to KR I always see way more people online, their broker is filled with tons of things, just looking at the costume:body section (cause costumes are popular on every server) they have like almost 300 pages of outfits so you can actually find what you want there fast and at a good price, meanwhile here there's not much, on CH you'd see 71 pages, MT has 69, TR has about 80ish, FF has 75 and AV has just 54 and theres not a lot of different kinds of outfits even listed, a lot of these are just things that were given out for free at some point, and if you do manage to find outfit you want, it's gonna be for a very high price because theres likely only one person selling it. There's no reason not to merge servers at this point, the servers with less people (FF, AV, CH) have people slowly leaving the server for MT and TR every time something challenging comes out making it even harder to do dungeons or just buy things on those 3 servers, I'm pretty sure the people with 16+ characters on every server are the minority at this point, you're hurting most of the playerbase if you care more about them than everyone else, names aren't a big issue either. Cross server LFGs only fix the issue of being able to lfg dungeons, nothing else, and it's not even out on KR yet, there doesn't seem to be any plans for it anytime soon on KR so we wouldn't even get it on NA for a very long time as we're about 4 months behind in patches, waiting for that will just leave the 3 dying servers even worse off than they already are.

i cant talk for mt, but tr lost a lot players since 2016, highwatch and velika seem to be very empty, even at saturday, so people dont leave for tr or mt, but simply leave the game
  • ReChoa wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the people with 16+ characters on every server are the minority at this point, you're hurting most of the playerbase if you care more about them than everyone else

I don't care about deleting characters itself, but I do care about having to delete the cash shop cosmetics bound to those characters purely because of a server merger. That, to me, is the critical problem they have to find some way to solve, one way or another. I highly doubt this alone is "holding up" anything, as there are plenty of ways they could deal with this without having BHS program anything, but I do think it's a critical issue they can't just ignore this time. As more time goes on, more people have more characters, so this group is only going to keep growing; it's a game afterall where the monetization is all about pushing people to create more characters, so you can't turn around and punish the people who bought all those character slots and items with "too bad; throw 'em all out."

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    so let me get this straight, now people want a server merge because their crap doesn't sell as fast anymore or they cant sell it for 2 million, and that there isn't like 100 pages of costumes for sale. I guess if they did make lfg cross server, the people still wouldn't be happy. if people want to go to a different server, they should have to pay for server transfers. don't be a tightwad, and support the game. you already get to play tera for free. next I guess people will spam the forums wanting a free mount and costume every month for each one of their characters.
  • Mss @KitTeaCup any response to the community? :3
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    so let me get this straight, now people want a server merge because their crap doesn't sell as fast anymore or they cant sell it for 2 million, and that there isn't like 100 pages of costumes for sale. I guess if they did make lfg cross server, the people still wouldn't be happy. if people want to go to a different server, they should have to pay for server transfers. don't be a tightwad, and support the game. you already get to play tera for free. next I guess people will spam the forums wanting a free mount and costume every month for each one of their characters.

before we had free costume and mount every month :3
  • JPYF46WDD4 wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    what do i do with my 80+ characters?

Get a real job instead of farming tera and selling the gold for irl cash.

lmao how do you know he does this?
  • vkobe wrote: »

If you mean the Elite Monthly Gift, Elite was never free...
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

If you mean the Elite Monthly Gift, Elite was never free...

no the kyra blue boxes ;)
  • ReChoaReChoa ✭✭✭

It's not only about being able to just sell things, it's about being able to buy it too, no one wants to keep spamming "wtb x" for a week until they finally get what they need, likely for a stupidly high price, meanwhile it's easier to get it on another server for cheaper, and no, "just server transfer, buy it, and go back" isn't a legitimate solution. It's also about how [filtered] depressing Velika/HW look with barely anyone in there at prime times, if a new player came and saw what is supposed to be a main city looking so empty, I don't think they'd wanna stick around for long, at least in that server. Even people who've played in that server for a long time often leave it for a different server just making it even worse. I gave costumes as an example because of how many people actually buy those, they're the most common thing to sell, if you wanna look at something else you can look at elites, often on CH you'll see maybe 1 page of 30 day elites at most, sometimes you see 2-3 pages but its often just 3-4 people selling all that, before it used to be way more listings from more people.
    >Support the game
    [filtered] off, we'd support the game if AT LEAST the publisher gave a [filtered] about the playerbase, BHS obviously doesn't care about anyone outside of KR so they're just irrelevant at this point, there's no reason to support the game when the publisher is like EME. People aren't asking for free server transfers though, we're asking for a merge of the dead servers so we have 2 or 3 servers at most, so server transfers will still exist, EME can still make money off of it, but this way the servers won't look so [filtered] empty

I'm pretty sure the people with 16+ characters on every server are the minority at this point, you're hurting most of the playerbase if you care more about them than everyone else

I don't care about deleting characters itself, but I do care about having to delete the cash shop cosmetics bound to those characters purely because of a server merger. That, to me, is the critical problem they have to find some way to solve, one way or another. I highly doubt this alone is "holding up" anything, as there are plenty of ways they could deal with this without having BHS program anything, but I do think it's a critical issue they can't just ignore this time. As more time goes on, more people have more characters, so this group is only going to keep growing; it's a game afterall where the monetization is all about pushing people to create more characters, so you can't turn around and punish the people who bought all those character slots and items with "too bad; throw 'em all out."

You're right, that's a legitimate issue, I think EME could do something about it but it would require some actual thinking from them.
    It's funny how EME never tries to do something different from what BHS does, but when it comes to things that actually help the player base EME tries to do something different from bhs, and it miserably fails, KR has 2 servers and every time I log in to KR I always see way more people online, their broker is filled with tons of things, just looking at the costume:body section (cause costumes are popular on every server) they have like almost 300 pages of outfits so you can actually find what you want there fast and at a good price, meanwhile here there's not much, on CH you'd see 71 pages, MT has 69, TR has about 80ish, FF has 75 and AV has just 54 and theres not a lot of different kinds of outfits even listed, a lot of these are just things that were given out for free at some point, and if you do manage to find outfit you want, it's gonna be for a very high price because theres likely only one person selling it. There's no reason not to merge servers at this point, the servers with less people (FF, AV, CH) have people slowly leaving the server for MT and TR every time something challenging comes out making it even harder to do dungeons or just buy things on those 3 servers, I'm pretty sure the people with 16+ characters on every server are the minority at this point, you're hurting most of the playerbase if you care more about them than everyone else, names aren't a big issue either. Cross server LFGs only fix the issue of being able to lfg dungeons, nothing else, and it's not even out on KR yet, there doesn't seem to be any plans for it anytime soon on KR so we wouldn't even get it on NA for a very long time as we're about 4 months behind in patches, waiting for that will just leave the 3 dying servers even worse off than they already are.

i cant talk for mt, but tr lost a lot players since 2016, highwatch and velika seem to be very empty, even at saturday, so people dont leave for tr or mt, but simply leave the game

Well that was more of a personal thing, I've heard of and seen people just transferring out of CH into another server just because this server is so dead, but yeah people are leaving the game on every server which imo is an even bigger reason to have a merge.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »

Think about who you're replying to.

i think both of you ;)
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    >Support the game
    [filtered] off, we'd support the game if AT LEAST the publisher gave a [filtered] about the playerbase, BHS obviously doesn't care about anyone outside of KR so they're just irrelevant at this point, there's no reason to support the game when the publisher is like EME. People aren't asking for free server transfers though, we're asking for a merge of the dead servers so we have 2 or 3 servers at most, so server transfers will still exist, EME can still make money off of it, but this way the servers won't look so [filtered] empty

first off, you don't need to curse at me when I never cursed at you. as I said in every one of these posts for the past 7 months, you have major issues to deal with when merging servers, names, and max characters that people can have. many of us have max characters on multiple servers. people don't want to lose their names. also even if they merged all of them into just 1 server, then you have server crashes due to too many people playing. im the first one to agree that eme/bhs isn't perfect and they have made many poor decisions when it comes to na tera, but its still a free game. let your purse or wallet do the talking. I for one wont pay for a transfer, cause I can have fun in any server even if I was the only one in it. I also quit paying rent on items to use in the game. I say renting cause we don't really own anything in the game. like someone else said, buy elite with gold, then earn the emp every month, save it up to get a server transfer. eme doesn't really make any money from server transfers when they do a merge. people just wait for the merges and then go to the server they want cause in the past eme has given people a choice to where they want to go.
  • ReChoaReChoa ✭✭✭
    >Support the game

first off, you don't need to curse at me when I never cursed at you. as I said in every one of these posts for the past 7 months, you have major issues to deal with when merging servers, names, and max characters that people can have. many of us have max characters on multiple servers. people don't want to lose their names. also even if they merged all of them into just 1 server, then you have server crashes due to too many people playing. im the first one to agree that eme/bhs isn't perfect and they have made many poor decisions when it comes to na tera, but its still a free game. let your purse or wallet do the talking. I for one wont pay for a transfer, cause I can have fun in any server even if I was the only one in it. I also quit paying rent on items to use in the game. I say renting cause we don't really own anything in the game. like someone else said, buy elite with gold, then earn the emp every month, save it up to get a server transfer. eme doesn't really make any money from server transfers when they do a merge. people just wait for the merges and then go to the server they want cause in the past eme has given people a choice to where they want to go.

None of those issues are as major as a dying population, and there is workarounds to them. Not many people have max characters on EVERY server, that's the minority, not many people are [filtered] enough to level that many characters, but again, there is workarounds to it, like letting you choose which characters to keep, letting you unbind things, giving you some time to bank everything you can. No one said to merge it down to 1 server, I said 2 OR 3, 1 PVE, 1 PVP and maybe 1 RP, although it would be best to have the RP server be apart of the PVE server because if you left the RP server alone everyone would just leave it since it's already one of the more dead ones right now. Just because you, for some stupid reason, enjoy playing an MMO by themselves, doesn't mean everyone does. Telling someone to server transfer out of a dead server when they want a server merge so people STOP transferring out of servers just for the more lively ones is just about the stupidest thing you can say. A server merge doesn't have to let people choose which server they go to, the only time it would be best to let people choose is if they merge a PvE and PvP server but they shouldn't have to do that this time.
    Honestly, if you don't care about playing with others in an mmo, don't post in the thread with people talking about the dying population and a solution to make it seem a little more lively because they actually care about playing with other people.

Equitas wrote: »

EME isn't trying to do anything different than Korea. The Korean overlords dictate just about everything En Masse does, because Korea is in charge. If we can't have server merges, it's because Bluehole says we can't have them. They also put a sort of "gag order" on the North American employees because they won't tolerate being made out to be the bad guys. This type of thing happens on almost every Asian MMO with subsidiaries in the West. Anyone who tries to push for more autonomy, or more positive changes for the players, gets forced out. I'm surprised there hasn't been a huge tell-all from former En Masse employees.

BHS does control a lot but I'm pretty sure EME gets to control how many servers they have, if you've got proof of of otherwise then show me, I highly doubt BHS would care whether we have 2, 3 or 5 servers, and even if they did, if EME really cared they'd try to convince them but EME never even comments on server merges so I highly doubt EME tries.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Do you think it may be because of the price point and not because of population density?

Yeah.. it must may be because of the price point since nowadays you can make 1.3mil in ten days with regular farming while it can take so much more effort to enchant the weapon to +9 instead..

A really poor choice, right?

Also.. one month ago i could sell this baby at 1.8mil so easily but now something is wrong with the population..

So you want a server merge because you can't sell an item as fast as you could a month ago.

Okay, sure.

Would you believe me if I tell you some people who paid server transfer did it because broker prices of some items? :v

for exemple elin usagi ?

I have never paid server transfer on any game I have ever played.

ok because you said you spend 2000$ every year in tera :3

It would be pretty stupid to spend 2k dls on server transfers and that is not the only thing you can pay for in the game.

Try again.

spend 2000$ to transfers all your cute elin in a cute elin server :3

If there would be something like that...