[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Are you thinking about merging servers EME ?

Comments

• tisnotme wrote: »
    so heres a proposal so no one need buy a transfer lets have a merge and ill agree when you put the cash up to reimburse me for what ill loose in the stuff ive put in to my account as EME sure as hell wont

I also agree that unless there's a solution to this issue, I am against a merger too. It's easy to say that there "are workarounds to it" such as "letting you unbind things" but this functionality actually does not exist right now for most items unless support does it manually on a case by case basis, and I don't think EME will want to deal with the amount of impacted people manually. So, of the list I made before, that one to me is a "deal-killer" unless/until EME/BHS finds a workable solution. I can't live with "tough [filtered]" as the answer, and EME definitely won't be able to reimburse people for money long-since spent.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Sorry but even unbinding doesn't work form me
    I haven't bought stuff for one alt , and if I'm loosing alts then i no longer need the gear i acquired for it so id need compensation for it and not in game gold
    I spent irl money on them unless the game is closing it's doors i shouldn't be the one loosing so some one can get what they want in the way of something like a server merge
    If people like me are going to be pulled in to this against our will we should.not be the one that needs to choose and loose and should be the ones with the first options on anything conflicting with others
    Otherwise my opinion is find another solution or let it die the way it is
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand what people are worried about. Why do you believe that merging worlds would make you lose your stuff? Did EME come out at some point and say that there's a very strict, arbitrary number of character slots a single account can have on any given world, even though this number has been increased in the past? Name loss, I could understand, but you're talking like your characters would be deleted or something.
  • edited July 2018
    voidy wrote: »
    I still don't understand what people are worried about. Why do you believe that merging worlds would make you lose your stuff? Did EME come out at some point and say that there's a very strict, arbitrary number of character slots a single account can have on any given world, even though this number has been increased in the past? Name loss, I could understand, but you're talking like your characters would be deleted or something.

They've never increased the character cap to coincide with mergers, only when adding new classes. They could increase the character cap as one possible solution to the problem, but it'd basically mean doubling it (or tripling it if they combine all three PvE servers into one). There's no indication that they'll do that. Plus, there's the issue of character slots -- last time when FF was created as a merge of HW/VoT/LoT, your character slots on the new server was not the total of the three, but the maximum of the three (whichever server was highest), plus a few extras given as a gift. So you would have to purchase additional character slots for every character above that. Otherwise, if you had more characters than purchased character slots, or if you had more characters than the maximum character slot limit, you had to keep on deleting characters until you were under the limit. In the last merger the amount of people who were over the cap on all three servers and also couldn't use the free transfer off to AV as an alternative for the overflow were small, but they did exist. In this case, though, I expect the number to be much higher because much more time has passed.

So yeah, if the next merger happens the way the previous one did, people who have characters over the max slots will have to delete them and lose any bound items.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭

They've never increased the character cap to coincide with mergers, only when adding new classes. They could increase the character cap as one possible solution to the problem, but it'd basically mean doubling it (or tripling it if they combine all three PvE servers into one). There's no indication that they'll do that. Plus, there's the issue of character slots -- last time when FF was created as a merge of HW/VoT/LoT, your character slots on the new server was not the total of the three, but the maximum of the three, plus a few extras given as a gift. So you would have to purchase additional character slots for every character above that. Otherwise, if you had more characters than purchased character slots, or if you had more characters than the maximum character slot limit, you had to keep on deleting characters until you were under the limit.

So yeah, if the next merger happens the way the previous one did, people who have characters over the max slots will have to delete them and lose any bound items.

I didn't know that bolded bit, that's terrible.
    What I've gathered from this is that it's *possible* for EME to increase character slots, since they've done it before when adding new classes to the game, and they added some slots "as a gift" during the last merge, but for some reason they wouldn't do it to fully accommodate their players during a merge. Why they don't do it is a mystery, since they never respond to these threads. Could be genuine limitations, could be that they don't want to deal with the work involved, idk. I think in a case like this, if the limiting factor is the manpower involved and not a genuine technical limitation, then EME should invest that level of time and resources since people quit every day over how dead the game feels, due primarily to how spread apart the population has become.

That being said, even if nothing can be done for those players with dozens of alts, I still think it's ultimately the right decision to merge even if it means they have to delete a few characters that they probably never even use. Even discounting the notion that these players are in the extreme minority, you won't get to enjoy the game at all when it's dead, which is the direction it's been heading in for a while. It blows my mind that people would rather the game die from lack of players so they can see it shut its doors with all 50 of their dead alts intact.
  • voidy wrote: »
    That being said, even if nothing can be done for those players with dozens of alts, I still think it's ultimately the right decision to merge even if it means they have to delete a few characters that they probably never even use. Even discounting the notion that these players are in the extreme minority, you won't get to enjoy the game at all when it's dead, which is the direction it's been heading in for a while. It blows my mind that people would rather the game die from lack of players so they can see it shut its doors with all 50 of their dead alts intact.

If the game is going to keep going, though, it's going to need these people to keep being willing to give EME money, and people with lots of alts (and potentially lots of cash shop cosmetics bound to these alts) can be some of their best customers. If you tell someone that they have to throw out a bunch of the costumes they bought with real cash and there's "nothing that can be done" to save them, you think they're ever giving this game money again? (This is aside the issue of all the other in-game items and achievements you earned with that character, which can also breed plenty of resentment.) Handling this poorly will only accelerate the game's decline, potentially even more than doing nothing and living with the status quo that we've already had for years.

In the end, the decision is up to EME, and if they decide to go ahead with a merger, it's up to them to find a way to address this issue to everyone's satisfaction.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭

If the game is going to keep going, though, it's going to need these people to keep being willing to give EME money, and people with lots of alts (and potentially lots of cash shop cosmetics bound to these alts) can be some of their best customers. If you tell someone that they have to throw out a bunch of the costumes they bought with real cash and there's "nothing that can be done" to save them, you think they're ever giving this game money again? (This is aside the issue of all the other in-game items and achievements you earned with that character, which can also breed plenty of resentment.) Handling this poorly will only accelerate the game's decline, potentially even more than doing nothing and living with the status quo that we've already had for years.

In the end, the decision is up to EME, and if they decide to go ahead with a merger, it's up to them to find a way to address this issue to everyone's satisfaction.

i know I lost a lot of items I paid for with real money during the merge they had before the ff merge and I lost a lot of characters with titles and achievements. if they could solve the problem of names and slots, then I wouldn't be opposed to a merger, but knowing how things were done in the past, is why im against it.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    why merge just swith off CH AV FF

switch off tera B)
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    No one's jacking my names :)
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elinu1 wrote: »

but you already sell angel for 2 millions :3
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »

Which I already regret. :cry:
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »

Which I already regret. :cry:

so yuki is not good like angel ?
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭

Won't have anyone to sell them to when the game's dead. :)