[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Are you thinking about merging servers EME ?

Comments

• jzazkj.png
    they just ignore us they care about money things...
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    the answer is money....now whats the question.
    edited July 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    [ Removing Forum Violation - Personal Attacks ]

I don't know why it bothers you so much how I play the game in the first place. one of the main reasons I don't play in groups is because I am handicapped and play with a special controller, so I mess up quiet a bit. people don't like that. so I play solo. my friends I did play with had left the game a couple of years ago.

I have never made it a secret that im not a good player, but I spend money in tera and also have been playing to the best of my ability for 5 years. so yes I do have a vested interest in what and how tera does things. I have agreed with others about merging servers only if they fix the name and character slot problems that would occur. I would rather not lose my items and slots. the names I can deal with because I can actually come up with new ones without any problem.
    so I will say this once again, if eme allows us to keep our items and raises the character slots, then I would be ok with a server merge, but as I said before in this posting, eme didn't fix this the last times they had server merges and I had to buy and delete and also lost characters and items.

i will still be posting in forums and playing the game no matter what, and i will be laughing 6 months from now at these server merge posts.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

hold on ive never said I don't do group content and even tho its not something i major in I still do it
    and I also never want the game to die

I give out buddy codes and in the last 24 hours alone 20 people have joined the game using my codes let alone the last 12 months , each month I give 120 codes and each month they get used and at least half each month get to 65 and my main and majority of alts are on FF the server all say is dead
    now I wont say people arnt leaving due to EME but people are also leaving due to the community and how their treated

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    tisnotme wrote: »

hold on ive never said I don't do group content and even tho its not something i major in I still do it
    and I also never want the game to die

I give out buddy codes and in the last 24 hours alone 20 people have joined the game using my codes let alone the last 12 months , each month I give 120 codes and each month they get used and at least half each month get to 65 and my main and majority of alts are on FF the server all say is dead
    now I wont say people arnt leaving due to EME but people are also leaving due to the community and how their treated

I'm not gonna lie, I don't see the need for you to have that many characters. It's physically impossible to maintain such a high amount anyway.
  • the main problem here is bhs right?
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    the main problem here is bhs right?

depends in who you talk to
    some say people are leaving due to the salty attitude in runs
    whilst others blame the developer for lack of new content and optimisation
    and then theres others blaming the publishers and how they treat the game and the community and their inability to balance even an event (its either full on or full off) to a lot of other things that seem un addressed
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    CornishRex wrote: »
    I'm not gonna lie, I don't see the need for you to have that many characters. It's physically impossible to maintain such a high amount anyway.

• forget server merge, why can't we have server transfer vouchers same in Tera EU??? bring that item to NA!!
    tisnotme wrote: »
    the main problem here is bhs right?

depends in who you talk to
    some say people are leaving due to the salty attitude in runs
    whilst others blame the developer for lack of new content and optimisation
    and then theres others blaming the publishers and how they treat the game and the community and their inability to balance even an event (its either full on or full off) to a lot of other things that seem un addressed

I feel like its a combination of all of the above. over the past couple of years, I have seen many people I used to play with leave the game due to a combination of all you mentioned. I know of 30 people from school that we had a guild together that left and then many other friends. entire guilds leaving. the fate of arune patch did not help matters at all. people started leaving after that, then the gender locked classes didn't help, and then when they removed campfires and stuff that fall, and then the flying dragons fiasco really hurt their credibility. then removing iod and replacing it with babysitting island did not go over well, and the constant removal of actual fun things to do in the game like alliance territories, and bgs, and making cs level 65 only and full of elitists made people leave. then you have the toxic players and no one wants to play with them.
    Y7XMMFLF5R wrote: »
    forget server merge, why can't we have server transfer vouchers same in Tera EU??? bring that item to NA!!

I do know that eme has server transfers available to buy, but a few that have been posting in this thread are against paying for that for some reason or another.
    if eme would or could fix the issues that would happen if they did another server merge, then I would be for it. the last times they had them, people lost names, items, and characters due to not raising the max character slots, and many people left on account of that as well.
    yes there are many people that have max characters on different servers, for farming, for dress up, for leveling up, trying out new classes and races or for whatever reason, and it shouldn't bother those that don't have them. we all play different, but the main thing is, is that we are actually playing the game and buying stuff, which in turns keeps the game running. there are many whales that have more than 40 characters in tera and they spend a lot of money on those characters and if eme lost these people, then tera would be in big trouble.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Why not LFG cross server instead of server merge, on one of the devs notes from BHS they said that team was thinking about it. Let's wait and see

There's more to it than just organizing groups to run dungeons. There's the aspect of trading to think about, among other things. A cross-server LFG function is little more than a consolation prize.
    HeyTeacher wrote: »
    i swear. every single month, a thread like this along with a name wipe thread is always created. let me answer it for you OP, NO, THERE WILL NOT BE A SERVER MERGE OR A NAME WIPE. i think there should be a forum rules and guidelines from creating a thread like this getting a ban time. it is ridiculous to see it pop every single month...

That is exactly what you don't do in a situation like this, and it comforts me to know that you'll never be in a position to make decisions related to TERA nor even have your opinion considered.
    JPYF46WDD4 wrote: »
    Get a real job instead of farming tera and selling the gold for irl cash.

Joined July 3

Also... what? Kami has never farmed anything in TERA. His highest level character, last time I checked, was level 60. He didn't even reach that level until well after the level cap was raised to 65. He spends "irl cash" to be feel relevant in this game. He's not earning any from it.
    EME can't even handle single character transfers without breaking things.. you really want them to merge servers? they'll accidentally set the datacenter on fire and delete the backups

I've transferred characters successfully, and EME has already merged servers, but please feel free to continue talking out of your [filtered].
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    It would be pretty stupid to spend 2k dls on server transfers and that is not the only thing you can pay for in the game.

Try again.

Think about who you're replying to.
    ReChoa wrote: »
    It's funny how EME never tries to do something different from what BHS does, but when it comes to things that actually help the player base EME tries to do something different from bhs, and it miserably fails, KR has 2 servers and every time I log in to KR I always see way more people online, their broker is filled with tons of things, just looking at the costume:body section (cause costumes are popular on every server) they have like almost 300 pages of outfits so you can actually find what you want there fast and at a good price, meanwhile here there's not much, on CH you'd see 71 pages, MT has 69, TR has about 80ish, FF has 75 and AV has just 54 and theres not a lot of different kinds of outfits even listed, a lot of these are just things that were given out for free at some point, and if you do manage to find outfit you want, it's gonna be for a very high price because theres likely only one person selling it. There's no reason not to merge servers at this point, the servers with less people (FF, AV, CH) have people slowly leaving the server for MT and TR every time something challenging comes out making it even harder to do dungeons or just buy things on those 3 servers, I'm pretty sure the people with 16+ characters on every server are the minority at this point, you're hurting most of the playerbase if you care more about them than everyone else, names aren't a big issue either. Cross server LFGs only fix the issue of being able to lfg dungeons, nothing else, and it's not even out on KR yet, there doesn't seem to be any plans for it anytime soon on KR so we wouldn't even get it on NA for a very long time as we're about 4 months behind in patches, waiting for that will just leave the 3 dying servers even worse off than they already are.

EME isn't trying to do anything different than Korea. The Korean overlords dictate just about everything En Masse does, because Korea is in charge. If we can't have server merges, it's because Bluehole says we can't have them. They also put a sort of "gag order" on the North American employees because they won't tolerate being made out to be the bad guys. This type of thing happens on almost every Asian MMO with subsidiaries in the West. Anyone who tries to push for more autonomy, or more positive changes for the players, gets forced out. I'm surprised there hasn't been a huge tell-all from former En Masse employees.

From this post, one would think you really know what is going on behind the doors of EME. Yeah, I thought so. No wonder you're able to trash everyone else in this forum and get away with it. I also love how you mention being glad others can't make decisions about the game. So you can then?

Yeah, merge the servers so new players KNOW this game is dead. Oh, I got two whole server options, yeah, gonna stick loads of time in on this game. Some of you just don't use your heads. No wonder why a FREE Steam game can't seem to ever get its stuff together.

BTW, I just love how you trash people with alts that like to do solo content. We're the ones buying up all the stuff in the store. You know, you're not, because you're grinding dungeons for everything. Since we aren't grinding dungeons, we pay for a lot. Nice of you to trash all of us, because (for some reason) you think the world really gives a flying (self censored) about whether or not we do group content. MMO's don't all demand players do group content. I was doing a lot of group content when my kids and their friends were playing. However, I don't need to be dictated to. I am not in prison, so I can do as I please. I get that Equitas wants to order us all around, but who tf is he anyways?