The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Newbie Dungeon Questions

Went through my first instance, Bastion of Lok, yesterday and saw lots of stuff dropping about but was concerned about picking it up. I didn't want to be the one who Hoovers everything up. I did notice about half way through that there was a roll system implemented, so I felt better about picking stuff up, assuming that if it were valuable, a roll would ensue. Still, I have my reservations as to etiquette in Tera.

1. Do I need to worry about picking stuff up?
2. Is the roll system automatically implemented or does someone have to set the roll system?
3. Is there a protocol for how quests in an instance are approached (i.e. blowing up weapons crates, who goes first, kills shared)?
4. Does anyone use voice chat?

Best Answer

• LucyKosakiLucyKosaki ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    1) & 2) Don't worry, basic stuff like gold, alkahests, feedstock and more gets equally split. Gear gets distributed by class, so for example if a priest staff drops, it always goes to the priest, regardless of who picks it up. And for rare things several classes need, like rings and so on, you will roll on it and the one with the highest roll gets it.

So don't worry picking everything up, everything's fair and no one will complain.

3) Kills, blowing up crates and others will count for everyone, who has that quest active. So for example if you and another person got "blow 8 crates up" quest and you blow up one, it will count towards both of you, because you're in a party. All kills are shared between party members.

Answers

• Thank you for taking the time to answer this! Are these sort of (newbe) topics covered somewhere besides being buried in others' questions?