The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

The in-game Golden Gift Box window is not functional at this time, please visit the external webstore at https://store.enmasse.com/tera for now while we fix this. Thank you!

An Open Letter To EME Staff Regarding Server Merges

My name is Rinky, and I’m writing on behalf of the PVP and PVE servers on both Xbox and Playstation. We have been playing TERA Online since the console beta, and many of the others who helped create this post have been playing much longer than that on PC. I reached out to many other guilds across both platforms--from PVE and PVP servers-- to see if they shared my concerns and to make a collaborative effort in crafting this post.

With the recent news announcement regarding server merges, there seems to be some disconnect between the community and En Masse. I know I am not alone with these thoughts, and I’m here laying out what the greater portion of the community thinks. I understand that En Masse receives lots of feedback on the forums and Discord, but I also know that the majority of the community is not very vocal, and I’m here to speak for them. I’m more than happy to hear everyone’s thoughts, and I’m willing to have a discussion regarding the topic in the comments of this forum post. I want to keep this discussion on-topic, civilized, and respectful to other players, and En Masse staff, who has worked so hard to make console TERA Online a reality.

I’ll start this off just going from a population point of view. The information after this is all from Friday July 27, at prime time, 6 PM PDT; this is normally the time that PVP Battlegrounds would start to pop. Simply put the PVP servers are too low population for anything content-wise moving forward. If PVP servers do not get merged into the PVE server, the PVP server will die. The server overview page on Xbox shows both PVP servers as Medium population, whereas the four PVE servers are all High. The server overview page on Playstation shows all servers as Medium population. The discrepancy here is that the PVE server is getting four servers, where as the PVP servers are only getting two servers. In a view of Highwatch, the PVP servers on Playstation barely have enough players to get a 20-man raid together on both servers, and the Xbox servers most certainly do not have enough to gather a full 20-man raid. This brings up the next topic for discussion:

Harrowhold being released, in a thirty or twenty man, these numbers will not be adequate enough on both consoles. Although we are labeled as a PVP server, we still have a handful of groups clearing PVE content on a daily basis. Currently on Xbox, the merger is taking the four most populated servers, and adding them to one server; and taking the two smallest population servers; and adding them to one server. With current population we can’t even fill half a queue for Fraywind Canyon, let alone a full raid for Harrowhold.

There have been talks on the En Masse Discord that PVP server players would be willing to forfeit some open-world PVP, and as a trade-off we would rather have a dedicated PVP zone, Velika Outskirts; where in this zone would be the only area that could you flag up and use Outlaw Declaration. This would keep both the PVP and PVE players happy, as not only would they now have a place dedicated to PVP when queues are not popping, but the PVE players would not have to fear being killed on sight outside of this zone. This in turn would provide a healthier population, broker, and easier time finding groups since we lack a Looking For Group feature on console.

PVP is dead on consoles, we have almost no way to coordinate battleground queues other than Discord, and majority of the players in the respective console battleground discord’s are the more hardcore players, and not everyone who we see in-game. If we were put into one server this would be much easier to get a game together, with Area chat until we get the Looking for Group feature. Even with the Jackpot Event, it’s still not enough incentive to queue battlegrounds without some communication from multiple servers.

Touching on the Jackpot event, currently if you lose you get no rewards, and it’s pretty difficult to consistently win with group queue being broken for battlegrounds, both of these deter some players from getting in queue. On PC there is an incentive for playing Fraywind where you get 8 boxes for winning, 5 for losing, that contains materials for upgrading your equipment. Rewards should stay in-line with what they are now on PC, that way they appeal to both PVE and PVP players. Instead of our Monthly Jackpot event we could use an overhaul to the rewards systems to revive TERA battlegrounds, such as to match the PC reward system.

In closing thank you for your time in reading this giant wall of text:

Signed~

Guildless: Rinky (Vesporax PvP)
Athens: Ariielle (Ovolith PvE)
Overpowered: Frosty (Nyxarras PvP)
Gameover: Overrated (Nyxarras PvP)
Knights of Tera: Dark.Shadow (Nyxarras PvP)
Seireitei: Miyuki (Thulsa PvE)
Toxicity: Lazmonia (Dracoloth PvE)
Guildless: Sin (Vesporax PvP)
Top Tier: Pookey (Suryati PvP)

Comments

• I agree with everything in this post. We need to have another PVE server merge into the 2 PVP ones on ps4 at the very least, of not make 1 big server.
  • I agree start listening to your p player base.
  • This is Ariielle from ovolith server and I back this post 100% and agree with everything that is being stated.
  • BaratosBaratos ✭✭
    edited July 28
    I agree Nyxarras pvp. We all just need to be in the same server.
  • Fully agree tanknoo(ovo)
  • As for the 8 box for a win and 5 for a loss the rewards I think a good example would be have a token system or box rewards which would have a loot table of mwa and feedstock stacks of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 100. Or even a very rare chance of a random design for ambush would be a great addition. Currently there is no way to get mwa besides p2w or vanguard, which takes awhile to farm up. Having this I believe would help increase the que pops. Re implementing party ques again would help bring more players back to the game since many have decided they don't want to lose their rating because of solo queue rng team.
  • I'll go ahead and pass along the sentiment of this Thread.
  • I agree that there 100% needs to be some sort of LFG, even if its just a chat channel. Its so hard when not everyone uses discord and you have to shout in area chat in like 4 different places since no one reads global.
  • RoutiereRoutiere ✭✭
    I do not see any Xbox NA PvE representation on this letter. Is it possible the sentiment isn't share with that community?
  • Great idea!
  • RinkyRinky ✭✭
    Routiere wrote: »
    I do not see any Xbox NA PvE representation on this letter. Is it possible the sentiment isn't share with that community?

The time sensitivity of this post, and wanting to get this up as quick as possible, we couldn't reach out to every single person we wanted. While not all will share our same sentiment, it seems as if an overwhelming majority does. I can't speak for others but that is why not every server is represented.
  • we need that good pve server on the pvp servers yo we need to grow more please
  • haroldzharoldz ✭✭
    Rinky wrote: »
    Routiere wrote: »

The time sensitivity of this post, and wanting to get this up as quick as possible, we couldn't reach out to every single person we wanted. While not all will share our same sentiment, it seems as if an overwhelming majority does. I can't speak for others but that is why not every server is represented.

If you cant speak for others why did you open with, "I’m writing on behalf of the PVP and PVE servers on both Xbox and Playstation."

I get what you are saying, merging an already low pop server with a totally dead one doesnt stimulate player activity. Problem is, not everyone on PvE wants what you are asking for, only speaking for myself here. Fundmentally, the core problem is the matchmaking process for battlegrounds and not open world pvp. If we scrapped this entire merger and just had one mega server with a lfg tool and matchmaking that allowed groups to queue, it would alleviate some of the problem. I agree that a dedicated place for flagging would be interesting as players that were interested could go there and participate.
  • RoutiereRoutiere ✭✭
    Understandable, but the "overwhelming" majority you speak of mostly pertains to PSN NA because XBox NA majority isn't represented here. Since if this was the route EME chose to go it would most likely effect both consoles I believe it best to get all sides opinions before making any hasty assumptions.
  • Routiere wrote: »
    Understandable, but the "overwhelming" majority you speak of mostly pertains to PSN NA because XBox NA majority isn't represented here. Since if this was the route EME chose to go it would most likely effect both consoles I believe it best to get all sides opinions before making any hasty assumptions.

Rinky logged on to the xbox servers and tried to get people and look for them but he couldn't in the time frame. but that's why this forum post was made so everyone can express their own opinion so feel free to speak your mind, we would like to hear your thoughts on the subject and those of your guildmates and people on your server also.