[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

An Open Letter To EME Staff Regarding Server Merges

Comments

• 5JEEXXEEHR5JEEXXEEHR Dracoloth Server
    Just to be clear, are you suggesting they take a PvE server, and a PvP server and merges those into one single server? I am unclear on this point. I personally play on a PvE server as I do not WANT to be on a PvP server. So if such a merger DID happen, and players on a PvE server suddenly found their servers a PvP server I think many players (myself included) would be quite mad. Now If i am misconstruing whats being suggested here I apologize
  • 5JEEXXEEHR wrote: »
    Just to be clear, are you suggesting they take a PvE server, and a PvP server and merges those into one single server? I am unclear on this point. I personally play on a PvE server as I do not WANT to be on a PvP server. So if such a merger DID happen, and players on a PvE server suddenly found their servers a PvP server I think many players (myself included) would be quite mad. Now If i am misconstruing whats being suggested here I apologize

It is what is being suggested. Now, how often do you go to velika outskirts? If you don't then the server will be the same as a PvE server.
    I am doing quest all over the world. I just started playing about 6 days ago on my ps4. I joined a PvE server (Dracoloth) to avoid PvP
  • Hypothetically what if you did find yourself in that area as a PvE player?
    Hypothetically, if the server I play on became a PvP sever, I would quit the server, and start a new character on a different server that was still PvE. I am also fairly certain a more then a few other players would too. I mean no offense or disrespect by this, call it friendly debate if you will, but if us PvE players had wanted to do PvP we would have chosen a PvP sever and not a PvE. This Proposal basically would mean taking that choice away from us.
  • Apologies, that was meant for the pro PvP side. I play on Basilisk so i guess i'd be pro PvE. I also don't like the idea of any open world area on a PvE server that I could potentially get pk'd in.
  • I am on XBOX EU, where 2 PvE servers and 1 PvP server are being merged into 1 PvE server (did not see any representation btw OP).

I chose to play PvE and I do not want some hybrid PvPE server. I'm in the top 3 guild on my server, with ppl that have come over from the PvP server. All they want to do is duel and that is fine.

Please do not backdoor player ganking into our new PvE server. I don't care if I never visit Velika outskirts. if I ever do, I expect it to be PvE because I play PvE on a PvE server.

You lot are just trying to have your cake (more players) and eat it (force PvP on PvE servers) too.

I really hope @CobaltDragon you also take into account the opinion of the silent majority of PvE players in not wanting any PvP elements on their PvE server.

• 99.9% of ppl don't even go to VO, so that being pvp enable is just fine. Mfers are trippin
  • If you want Outlow in Velika Outskirts so much, stay on your PvP server.
  • Yeah this is something that needs to be done. Been playing since early access on vesporax and every day the server becomes more of a ghost town. Original I came to play Tera strictly for the pvp, but once I saw that state it was in I started to pve as well. And If all the servers don’t be come one there won’t be enough people to clear the content.
  • Also me and many others wouldn’t even care about the outlaw system be drop completely as well doesn’t get used enough to be a necessity in the game
  • stoicthevaststoicthevast ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The point is that we want something like what happened on pc when they merged 2pvp and 1 pve server together. With the current populations, merging the 2 pvp servers together isnt going to make a healthy population, which means its a no go for any sort of advancement with things like HH or broker prices or designs. Thats the main issue, not the fact that OW pvp literally doesnt affect you. Ive been questing for the last week to do my achievements and in the 20+ hours ive spent roaming OW at peak times i have run into ZERO people flagged/haven't flagged on people. This post isnt about "wanting to gank pve players" its about wanting a server with a population that doesnt make it a ghost town. They are merging FIVE pve servers on ps4, at least 2 of which have healthy populations, but only merging TWO pvp servers together, both of which are struggling to stay alive as is.
  • BaratosBaratos ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Im down for no open pvp and i play on the pvp server who cares if thats the only thing get rid of it completely or add it to only 1 of the possible channels or only allow if both people use outlaw declaration. Either of these changes would not affect anyone who wants to pve.
  • BaratosBaratos ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Id rather play with a larger player base and have a healthy economy. Open world pvp doesn't exist on the pvp servers as is so there's that. I think most of us on the pvp server would prefer to lose out on the possibility of open pvp than to have less population and a bad economy.
  • Or you know.. Enable server transfers so we can have our own PvP server and give people the option to come to our server when they merge instead of after the merge just so these guys can make $15 off our transfer (if they are elite).
This discussion has been closed.