[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Future Updates Wrong Direction?

https://originalyosha.tumblr.com/post/176413470863/httpsimgurcomfmu9foq-a-new-dungeon-temple

I just wanted to make this thread to discuss this future update for TERA that I think is so wrong.

First of all the dragon mount will devalue the current dragon mounts that exist because it is better and will mean anyone that already has learned a 2.0 mount has wasted a lot of money since they will most likely want that additional damage effect so will end up wanting this mount too.

Then we have the ilvl requirement to enter a dungeon which is also dum, in my opinion vanguard ilvl requirements should be removed as this would benefit everyone and reward those for clearing dungeons while being undergeared.

Anyway what does everyone else think?

Comments

• TJukurenTJukuren ✭✭✭
    I think even BHS knows that this game is going downhill and are trying to milk it for what's left of it. If they're trying to grow their player base, this is NOT the way to go about doing it. It's bad enough that they're pushing the cash shop more and more rather than adding fun/interesting content for everyone, but to give 99% of players a slap in the face and say "Hey, you can't enter this dungeon unless you make Tera your full time job or swipe swipe that credit card." is just the biggest middle finger to everyone.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I doubt you'll find anyone disagreeing with you on this, except perhaps the biggest Bluehole shills.
    All we can do is hope the Koreans are upset enough by it to change Bluehole's mind. Otherwise it'll stay as is, and we'll get it here in about 6 months.

edit: This is referring to the dungeon ilvl stuff, I don't care about these mounts. The heroic oath enchanting was bad enough, but making it required to even enter the dungeon? Way too much. Just look at these requirements to go from +1 to +2:
    unknown.png
    Absolute nightmare. Really hoping the Korean player base makes a massive stink about it so something's done.
  • Should be made available in-game the way EME had originally wanted to put the dragons in game, but was forbidden from doing so. Alas... what we'll get is probably going to be a variation of what we got for the last dragons, which isn't that great. This was basically the problem with them going down this road in the first place; once you add skills to one mount to encourage people to buy it, the only way to get people to buy another mount is to make it ever better than the last, leading us even further down this cursed road.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Selling the same thing all over again, just slightly better, to an ever dwindling player base, seems to be what the business model has been for a while now. No matter if it's mount effects or inner armor.

I honestly feel that the more worrying direction for the future, at least in the sense of the game having any real hope of getting and retaining new players, is the dungeon vanguard change. (Which has a good chance of hitting us right around the time of the server merges, or not long after, for a double whammy.)

Buffing the rewards for the harder dungeons is all good and well, but they are also nerfing the easier ones. Which just feels like there is going to be yet another barrier placed between new players and actually joining the majority of the player base in the progression treadmill. Leveling queues are already often very much a bad joke, if they have the entry progression queues end up just as dead then it's going to feel even more like a dead game for anyone new.

Or an extended exercise in soloing content until you get to where you can be anything but dead-weight.

But I don't really expect this to change. That new ilvl 457 dungeon seems to quite clearly say that only adding a bit more for the maxed out characters matters. The only concession for new characters seems to be yet another cost reduction for the Guardian/Twistshard step of the progression, as if that actually helps with the dead game feeling of queues not popping and nobody being around.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honeslty i couldn't care less about the mounts, but the enchanting costs are getting insane.
    Wasn't this system supposed to be less punishing and rng? I feel like that sentiment went right out of the window when heroic oath was introduced.
  • edited July 2018
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Honeslty i couldn't care less about the mounts, but the enchanting costs are getting insane.
    Wasn't this system supposed to be less punishing and rng? I feel like that sentiment went right out of the window when heroic oath was introduced.

Basically, all they did is make it so that you don't start over with new gear when the new cycle comes around (since it builds directly off of what you already did), but in practice the time commitment is no different (net effect is actually worse because of the regional adjustments to mat flow we had here in the old gear model). It's definitely much harder to get to BiS now than it used to be.
  • GangnamStyleGangnamStyle ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Notice how right now there just so happens to be a convenient sale bundle of lootboxes for 2.0 dragons, on the same week these new dragons get announced in Korea?

Yea, no guesses as to what's going to be introduced to our store shortly after...
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    I bet tera 2020 not going to happen xd. But this time will be true, less servers less population more cash cow milking game.
    Not going to survive this time.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Not all content should have to be for everyone, and this is for the elites that meet the requirements. What tf is the point of having super high tier gear if there isn't special content for it? You're all fine as long as the new content includes your ilvl, but as soon as it's over your ilvl out come the complaints. Your arguments are that they should not come out with better anything than you've already bought? You already bought the 2.0 mounts, thought you were kings of the world and that should be it?

Seeing as many of you demanded the server merges to be able to do dungeons, you should have no troubles earning the materials to max out your gear after the merge is complete. Plus, you will have all of your pals that were on other servers be able to help you. Suck it up buttercups.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    Not all content should have to be for everyone, and this is for the elites that meet the requirements. What tf is the point of having super high tier gear if there isn't special content for it? You're all fine as long as the new content includes your ilvl, but as soon as it's over your ilvl out come the complaints. Your arguments are that they should not come out with better anything than you've already bought? You already bought the 2.0 mounts, thought you were kings of the world and that should be it?

Seeing as many of you demanded the server merges to be able to do dungeons, you should have no troubles earning the materials to max out your gear after the merge is complete. Plus, you will have all of your pals that were on other servers be able to help you. Suck it up buttercups.

Challenge = Good
    Locking content behind an iLvl = Bad

Vanguards were bad enough since they were basically 80% of the reward from dungeons due to terrible loot and even though you were well able to complete them, your iLvl restricted you from earning them. Now we're locking content to almost BiS gear which requires more RNG than any amount of skill to acquire, gg.
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    Notice how right now there just so happens to be a convenient sale bundle of lootboxes for 2.0 dragons, on the same week these new dragons get announced in Korea?

Yea, no guesses as to what's going to be introduced to our store shortly after...

Funny how both regions got this even on EU.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, people are surprised by this? BHS made it cost literally millions of gold to get a .5% damage upgrade, and now they're forcing people to do it because they want money... There's no surprise here, just cause and effect.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    voidy wrote: »
    I doubt you'll find anyone disagreeing with you on this, except perhaps the biggest Bluehole shills.
    All we can do is hope the Koreans are upset enough by it to change Bluehole's mind. Otherwise it'll stay as is, and we'll get it here in about 6 months.

edit: This is referring to the dungeon ilvl stuff, I don't care about these mounts. The heroic oath enchanting was bad enough, but making it required to even enter the dungeon? Way too much. Just look at these requirements to go from +1 to +2:
    unknown.png
    Absolute nightmare. Really hoping the Korean player base makes a massive stink about it so something's done.

That's 612k per try right there. And to think that for the item level 457 dungeon, you need at least one HO +1 piece, or a HO + 2 piece depending on how your jewellery is enchanted.

And you have to be 457 to get into the dungeon. Yup, that means 457 to press the teleport button.