[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

The aftermath of xigncode3

123457»

Comments

  • vkobe wrote: »
    IxWolfie wrote: »
    Mouretsu wrote: »
    Honestly you lost me at Tera isn't p2w. Selling emp and cash shop items is the fastest way to get end game gear. Tera one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played. I also think your point about not bashing EME and discussing what they could be doing better is pretty worthless. What's the point of doing that if nothing you say is going to make a difference? Tera isn't some new game, It's been out YEARS now and EME has chosen to never really listen or give a damn what the player base says or wants.

    Honestly, you lost me at "TERA is one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played."... Please, go play any free to play MMO on Steam at all. Go seriously try out something like Vindictus, go try out Archeage... If you're comparing TERA to something like, let's say, Black Desert, Elder Scrolls Online, or World of Warcraft?

    black desert is more p2w than tera ;)

    No it's not. I've put countless hours into BDO and I would definitely not call it more p2w than Tera. There is a limit to how much stuff you can buy and sell on the broker from the cash shop. Artisans are borderline but even if you count them as P2w it's no where near as bad as Tera.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Mouretsu wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    IxWolfie wrote: »
    Mouretsu wrote: »
    Honestly you lost me at Tera isn't p2w. Selling emp and cash shop items is the fastest way to get end game gear. Tera one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played. I also think your point about not bashing EME and discussing what they could be doing better is pretty worthless. What's the point of doing that if nothing you say is going to make a difference? Tera isn't some new game, It's been out YEARS now and EME has chosen to never really listen or give a damn what the player base says or wants.

    Honestly, you lost me at "TERA is one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played."... Please, go play any free to play MMO on Steam at all. Go seriously try out something like Vindictus, go try out Archeage... If you're comparing TERA to something like, let's say, Black Desert, Elder Scrolls Online, or World of Warcraft?

    black desert is more p2w than tera ;)

    No it's not. I've put countless hours into BDO and I would definitely not call it more p2w than Tera. There is a limit to how much stuff you can buy and sell on the broker from the cash shop. Artisans are borderline but even if you count them as P2w it's no where near as bad as Tera.

    TERA has a limit of how much EMP you can buy that is even better wall vs p2w.

    I still need to know if Black Desert have a higher limit or they simply didnt put a limit of how much money you can spent in there.

    But something that BDO blocks people in-game is direct trade between players but that has his ups and downs.
    BDO has near infinite gear progression (since no one has full PEN gear) even after 2 years. BDO sells stuffs in their cash store which increases gear progression heavily (Artisan memories in BDO being the main offender). Since the cap is unreachable, ANY progress with real life money is pay to win. BDO also doesn't have level cap and any experience boost is direct advantage over other. Value pack + Artisan momories are what makes it HEAVY P2W
    .
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    [...] Misty plastered the forum with pages and pages of evidence. [...]

    No, Misty plastered the forum with pages and pages of unrelated spam with NO evidence.
    Misty willingly or not made a reverse campaign on his/her/it's XIGNCODE opinion entirely.

    Where's your evidence to support Xingcode then? All y'all keep saying is that everything against Xingcode is all lies, but none of you post any evidence to support your bs. Where's the proof that Xingcode doesn't open a backdoor to Wellbia? Where's your proof of the information being sent to Wellbia through Xingcode?
    DeadX wrote: »
    @Borsuc
    blind paranoid fear because you really don't understand anything AND/OR fear mongering because you hope whoever reads your drivel doesn't know anything. pretty common tactic when someone wants something or wants something done but doesn't have a legitimate avenue, facts, reality, evidence or anything else to make a coherent and persuasive argument.

    oh, and nice slippery slope fallacy...just because someone CAN do something doesn't mean they WILL, just because SOME software can contain security flaws doesn't mean all software does. but hey, nice try, what else ya got kid?

    Again with the whole "fear mongering" without one piece of evidence to prove Wellbia is a safe program. Put up or shut up. It's as simple as that.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    KGEF395FJC wrote: »
    So I've been looking for information on XIGNCODE for the past couple days and I'll give you my thoughts momentarily, but first I think there are a couple things you should know about me: First, I have tried Tera in the past but only recently decided to give it another chance after I saw the console release and downloaded it on my PC again a few days ago. I mention that because it means I don't have a "horse" in the race so to speak, because I'm not invested in the game and I don't care about things like the player-base or potential performance/stability concerns.

    Second, I'm a software developer who works in an industry with a high level of scrutiny on cyber security, privacy and data protection. What that means is that I'm basing my opinion purely on the potential concerns around a third party program that scans your files/data, created by an outside developer, who is located in another country that may/may not have the same kind of rules regarding privacy.

    Put simply: I think it is completely and totally unacceptable for a program like XIGNCODE to be scanning your files, your history, or any of your other data besides looking at what active processes are running and might be hooked into the game or attempting to modify the game memory. Period. Any other data, files or scanning being done represents crossing a line that in today's world should be absolutely terrifying to anyone who knows the first thing about cyber security.

    In my opinion: even if you're doing absolutely nothing wrong (in or out of game), it's completely unsafe to have any program on your computer that has the potential to access your most private data and send it somewhere. Especially if that program isn't made by the game developer or a major player (and recognized as such) in the world of data security. I.E. If Blizzard wants to install anti-cheat on my computer while I'm playing WoW or Diablo 3: I *TRUST* them not to cross a line and to follow industry best practices when it comes to data management and security.

    I've never even *heard* of XIGNCODE or Wellbia.com Co., Ltd and from what I can see on their website it doesn't leave me very encouraged. So I, for one... have uninstalled and scrubbed XIGNCODE from my PC and I simply won't be playing Tera. I'm not going to "bypass" it (even if it's easy), because I don't want to risk getting banned even if it's a D3 TurboHud situation where realistically it wouldn't ever happen... because I shouldn't have to take measures to bypass an anti-cheat in a major online game due to there being even the *question* that it's doing something it shouldn't be.

    Oh, and for the record: I understand it isn't a rootkit, nor does it get flagged by any of the major malware scanners. I'm not even suggesting that it's a malicious program or that the company behind it has ill-intentions, but to me it's not worth even the slightest risk that my data security could be compromised. If it happens it doesn't matter whether it was a fluke or through negligence. The fact is that some KR company isn't going to give two shits about a player in NA who gets their data stolen and even if they did it isn't much of a consolation getting credit monitoring after your identity gets stolen.

    So chalk me up as another user opting not to play the game directly because of XIGNCODE.

    P.S. Saying things like "But some of the biggest games in the world use it" isn't a valid argument for a bunch of reasons. Not the least of which is that nearly all of those games are KR/CN games, or that the largest portion of PC gamers are grossly ignorant about what is actually going on with their computer and data. Just because large numbers of people use it doesn't make it acceptable, particularly when they aren't even all using the same installation/version/options. That just introduces additional variables because it means they are taking what amounts to an "off-the-shelf" anti-cheat and modding it for certain games, and that's bad because it means it won't be robust and customized to the degree that something like a Blizzard anti-cheat would be.

    I may still play on console here and there, but with as many other great games are available I'm not sure...

    p.p.s. Where the hell did that awful username come from... when I made my PC account a few years ago the first time I tried Tera did it really just auto-generate it and not give me the option to select/modify one? Ugh. That's gross.

    And yet with your completely logical post, people are so addicted to the game that they will put themselves at risk just to play. Most of them are all upset over posts like yours, because heaven forbid anyone post something logical that makes them look like fools for downloading it onto their systems. How invested in a game must you be in order to welcome an open door from your system to Korea? I am just waiting for a Windows update or a rogue employee. Then, I will laugh like crazy and say, "Told you so!"
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Christin wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    [...] Misty plastered the forum with pages and pages of evidence. [...]

    No, Misty plastered the forum with pages and pages of unrelated spam with NO evidence.
    Misty willingly or not made a reverse campaign on his/her/it's XIGNCODE opinion entirely.

    Where's your evidence to support Xingcode then? All y'all keep saying is that everything against Xingcode is all lies, but none of you post any evidence to support your bs. Where's the proof that Xingcode doesn't open a backdoor to Wellbia? Where's your proof of the information being sent to Wellbia through Xingcode?

    I posted them on the first thread made from Xigncode paranoic folks.

    You can go there and look it for yourself as you also posted in that thread.

    I mean, if you call Mysti paranoid posts evidence then mine are evidence also that he is lying.

    Now you are talking as a paranoid becuase your way is like saying "give me proof that your data is not stolen by your ISP, Microsoft, Cellphone provider and so on". You simply can't prove it so should we say that everyone around you are stealing personal data from you? That is actually what you look like, a person in a paranoid state that thinks he is way to important and he is on the sight of evil eyes.

    Btw:
    KGEF395FJC wrote: »
    So I've been looking for information on XIGNCODE for the past couple days and I'll give you my thoughts momentarily

    His thoughts, that means that he didnt give proof of anything but just said whatever he had on his head so even he wroking as software developer in an industry with a high level of scrutiny on cyber security, privacy and data protection, can be a lie. Could you give us proof he is what he said he is?

    And he is being caught with a good lie in his own text at the end:
    p.p.s. Where the hell did that awful username come from... when I made my PC account a few years ago the first time I tried Tera did it really just auto-generate it and not give me the option to select/modify one? Ugh. That's gross.

    Username KGEF395FJC Joined August 6 Visits 1 Last Active August 6 Points 2

    Yeah, right, he looks like an expert on software when he can't see what idiotic thing he said there.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    [...] Misty plastered the forum with pages and pages of evidence. [...]

    No, Misty plastered the forum with pages and pages of unrelated spam with NO evidence.
    Misty willingly or not made a reverse campaign on his/her/it's XIGNCODE opinion entirely.

    Where's your evidence to support Xingcode then? All y'all keep saying is that everything against Xingcode is all lies, but none of you post any evidence to support your bs. Where's the proof that Xingcode doesn't open a backdoor to Wellbia? Where's your proof of the information being sent to Wellbia through Xingcode?
    DeadX wrote: »
    Borsuc
    blind paranoid fear because you really don't understand anything AND/OR fear mongering because you hope whoever reads your drivel doesn't know anything. pretty common tactic when someone wants something or wants something done but doesn't have a legitimate avenue, facts, reality, evidence or anything else to make a coherent and persuasive argument.

    oh, and nice slippery slope fallacy...just because someone CAN do something doesn't mean they WILL, just because SOME software can contain security flaws doesn't mean all software does. but hey, nice try, what else ya got kid?

    Again with the whole "fear mongering" without one piece of evidence to prove Wellbia is a safe program. Put up or shut up. It's as simple as that.

    Oh jeeeee what did I expect anyway. "You don't agree with me 100%. You're my enemy and you DID this and that!".

    Where in heavens did I ever SUPPORT this? Giving the "don't assume!" snowflakes a validity for their nagging is actually what makes me most disappointed here.

    Anyway let's play the XIGNCODE fanboy for a second then: on the end of the day, the one accusing is the one that has to make his/her/it's point valid. I've seen absolutely 0 evidence on ANY of Misty's countless spams on even [filtered] clothes topics, nor did you give me any, and specially, you've not given me absolutely any quote even, that I'm supporting this flawed anti-hack.
    In fact if you bother enough or have good memory, you could find a post of mine where I actually do add implementing this tool as one of the things making the community unhealthy, with a similar stance to Counterpoint's that it's a flawed tool that doesn't do it's job, it's stealth implementation was dubious and the fame the tool has causes fear among the community (Oooh!! He's the same side as counterpoint!!! ENEMY!!).

    The funniest part is that with just a tiny bit of reading comprehension on a non-native language, you could see that "Misty willingly or not made a reverse campaign on his/her/it's XIGNCODE opinion entirely." doesn't stand on any side of the game, so basically you just went bananas for not seeing someone agreeing with you.
    I suggest taking a break from this topic or reading other's posts with more attention before hammering keys.

    Anyway outside of the forum PVP: it's obvious for anyone that is knowledgeable on the subject, that pretty much any higher tier software (so I'm really just excluding microcontrollers and such, I'm counting even calculator apps here) have security loopholes, sometimes those are even hardware based (see Spectre and the other ones that made an uproar earlier this year or last year, forgot when). That said, the huge amount of panic is not something 100% justifiable in my opinion, since people have been not just exposed to those flaws ever since they turned on a computer or phone for the 1st time, but even victims to those, and only now it became a drama.
    It's also not unjustified either, adding one more possible loophole of not good fame is bound to give extra fears.
    Talking as if anyone that doesn't sandbox his/her/it's (I'm stopping this crap now, screw it) programs on a PC is insane and is just inviting hackers is taking it definitely too far. The topic definitely has to be seen from the perspective of a layman as well and how much it directly affects or potentially affects him, and that's basically why I do agree it's an added layer of problem possibility, but it's not like you've been all safe and protected up until this one program popped up. It could definitely elevate the risks, but was never the only cause.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

    Username KGEF395FJC Joined August 6 Visits 1 Last Active August 6 Points 2

    Yeah, right, he looks like an expert on software when he can't see what idiotic thing he said there.

    Well for all it's worth, it does show my joining date as 2016 even tho I entered TERA a little after Reaper patch (I think?) in 2014. That's forum joining date and yeah the name is automatic, mine was all gibberish when I made as well, forgot how you set it 1st time.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    ElinLove wrote: »

    Well for all it's worth, it does show my joining date as 2016 even tho I entered TERA a little after Reaper patch (I think?) in 2014. That's forum joining date and yeah the name is automatic, mine was all gibberish when I made as well, forgot how you set it 1st time.

    A person who have played TERA years ago and never joined the forums but for some weird reason he only joins to only comment on this post as if he was reading the forums for quite some time and he doesnt even login into the forums only until that it is quite the suspicious thing and what is more suspicios is that for most people when using forums for the first time you get to see the forum home page where you can see in there:

    "Setting up your account nickname
    Geletron • May 2016 in"

    Sorry but the lie it tells by itself, that lack of observation for that software developer expert and his way of making that comment is way to suspicious and for what is more when you create a new account to download the game you receive an e-mail where you have to activate your account clicking on a link that sends you to your account profile where you can change your alias on forums.

    Those are way too much of a coincidense that a software developer specialist behave like a noob in something like that.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mouretsu wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    IxWolfie wrote: »
    Mouretsu wrote: »
    Honestly you lost me at Tera isn't p2w. Selling emp and cash shop items is the fastest way to get end game gear. Tera one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played. I also think your point about not bashing EME and discussing what they could be doing better is pretty worthless. What's the point of doing that if nothing you say is going to make a difference? Tera isn't some new game, It's been out YEARS now and EME has chosen to never really listen or give a damn what the player base says or wants.

    Honestly, you lost me at "TERA is one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played."... Please, go play any free to play MMO on Steam at all. Go seriously try out something like Vindictus, go try out Archeage... If you're comparing TERA to something like, let's say, Black Desert, Elder Scrolls Online, or World of Warcraft?

    black desert is more p2w than tera ;)

    No it's not. I've put countless hours into BDO and I would definitely not call it more p2w than Tera. There is a limit to how much stuff you can buy and sell on the broker from the cash shop. Artisans are borderline but even if you count them as P2w it's no where near as bad as Tera.

    i dont remember we have weight problem in tera and our default inventory space is bigger than black desert default inventory space

    in black desert the game punish you if you dont have value pack with weight and inventory

  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    DeadX wrote: »
    blind paranoid fear because you really don't understand anything AND/OR fear mongering because you hope whoever reads your drivel doesn't know anything. pretty common tactic when someone wants something or wants something done but doesn't have a legitimate avenue, facts, reality, evidence or anything else to make a coherent and persuasive argument.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technobabble

    Fits you perfectly.
    DeadX wrote: »
    oh, and nice slippery slope fallacy...just because someone CAN do something doesn't mean they WILL, just because SOME software can contain security flaws doesn't mean all software does. but hey, nice try, what else ya got kid?
    lmao, every software in existence that has more than a few thousand lines of code usually has security flaws. TERA itself had one with the chat, that's enough proof to assume it has more even for delusional fanboys. The key thing is that it doesn't matter if it doesn't, though. You deny by default because that's the standard practice of computer security. In casual terms: People who use blacklists are newbies, only whitelists must be used (i.e. never give something access to more than it needs to). Anyone who thinks otherwise is a willfully ignorant.

    The fact that you are in denial of this fact shows you're a total non-factor when it comes to anything technical.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Christin wrote: »
    Again with the whole "fear mongering" without one piece of evidence to prove Wellbia is a safe program. Put up or shut up. It's as simple as that.
    I actually don't care if it's safe or not. To me it doesn't matter. I agree with you, but I'm more security cautious than just trusting any company's word for it.

    Companies get hacked. This happens all the time. It doesn't matter if the original product had no ill intentions. It doesn't even matter if you sue them: your data (along with millions/billions of others') is still out there, in the hands of a hacker, probably sold off long ago (automatically). Suing them will never rewind this fact back, so it's completely pointless to think you can do anything after the fact. It's too late already.

    But obviously, if they don't leave a back door or have no internet access or don't send your data/files or their hashes... even in the case of a hack, nothing happens. That's exactly the point.

    There's even sites that track public leaks out there: https://haveibeenpwned.com/
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Borsuc wrote: »
    DeadX wrote: »
    blind paranoid fear because you really don't understand anything AND/OR fear mongering because you hope whoever reads your drivel doesn't know anything. pretty common tactic when someone wants something or wants something done but doesn't have a legitimate avenue, facts, reality, evidence or anything else to make a coherent and persuasive argument.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technobabble

    Fits you perfectly.
    DeadX wrote: »
    oh, and nice slippery slope fallacy...just because someone CAN do something doesn't mean they WILL, just because SOME software can contain security flaws doesn't mean all software does. but hey, nice try, what else ya got kid?
    lmao, every software in existence that has more than a few thousand lines of code usually has security flaws. TERA itself had one with the chat, that's enough proof to assume it has more even for delusional fanboys. The key thing is that it doesn't matter if it doesn't, though. You deny by default because that's the standard practice of computer security. In casual terms: People who use blacklists are newbies, only whitelists must be used (i.e. never give something access to more than it needs to). Anyone who thinks otherwise is a willfully ignorant.

    The fact that you are in denial of this fact shows you're a total non-factor when it comes to anything technical.

    technobabble? WHERE? hmm? why nowhere, so you add the strawman fallacy as well...what? you have a checklist of all the fallacies you're trying to display examples of? and in your second attempt...LMMFAO, i didn't try to DENY anything moron, i pointed out that you don't know JACK, and that you're paranoid and delusional,...so ANOTHER strawman.

    and you continue to show you're a paranoid fool boy. not EVERY piece of software has security flaws moron or people would be constantly hacked left right and center since gaining control over a users PC is CASH MONEY dumbass. from botnets which i believe you mentioned to crypto mining.

    you have YET provided ANYTHING to back up your claims instead of relying on peoples lack of knowledge and your fear mongering tactics to try and promote your ridiculous agenda and talking points. hyperbole, fallacies, and outright lies...what? you claim you don't lie? then provide PROOF beyond "well everybody says so" or "everyone knows" argumentum ad populum is ANOTHER fallacy kid...do try to stop using it and the others mmkay?

    rofl...without that you have nothing though right?
  • This thread has the same problem as every other thread on the subject, people have no evidence to support xigncode and resort to personally attacking the people who don't want bloatware installed along with tera. Then those people fight back and it turns into pages and pages of people insulting eachother. en masse is not competent enough to even understand why xigncode is a bad idea, so there's no point in talking about it. all the damage is done anyway.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    [...] Misty plastered the forum with pages and pages of evidence. [...]

    No, Misty plastered the forum with pages and pages of unrelated spam with NO evidence.
    Misty willingly or not made a reverse campaign on his/her/it's XIGNCODE opinion entirely.

    Where's your evidence to support Xingcode then? All y'all keep saying is that everything against Xingcode is all lies, but none of you post any evidence to support your bs. Where's the proof that Xingcode doesn't open a backdoor to Wellbia? Where's your proof of the information being sent to Wellbia through Xingcode?
    DeadX wrote: »
    @Borsuc
    blind paranoid fear because you really don't understand anything AND/OR fear mongering because you hope whoever reads your drivel doesn't know anything. pretty common tactic when someone wants something or wants something done but doesn't have a legitimate avenue, facts, reality, evidence or anything else to make a coherent and persuasive argument.

    oh, and nice slippery slope fallacy...just because someone CAN do something doesn't mean they WILL, just because SOME software can contain security flaws doesn't mean all software does. but hey, nice try, what else ya got kid?

    Again with the whole "fear mongering" without one piece of evidence to prove Wellbia is a safe program. Put up or shut up. It's as simple as that.

    sorry snowflake, you and the other idiots are the ones claiming xign is hazardous, NOT ME, prove it is. you see idiot YOU and the others make that claim, i didn't try to REFUTE anything...do you understand english? or do you lack reading comprehension? show me where i claimed xign was safe...how about that? ROFLMAO.

    now snowflake, PROVE xign is hazardous mmkay? can you do that?

    some things you should note well idiot, xign WILL communicate with it's host servers as well as eme/bhs servers, and that's EXPECTED behavior. so you and the other idiots need to quit touting that as some kind of fatal flaw...but it does prove you don't know JACK about how programs of that type work. an analogy would be an AV or anti-malware, both will communicate for updates and new definitions...same as xign.

    lol, love how you just keep proving you don't know anything...keep it up, you provide a great example of what NOT to do or claim and of course, how much you don't know.
This discussion has been closed.