The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Keyboard Confessionals: Priests

Share your experiences of what it means to play a priest in TERA. There’s no word limit or specific format—just post your personal story HERE!

I look forward to sharing your stories on stream! I will notify the writer that their story will be shared/read on stream on August 24, so if you're not comfortable with it being broadcast, you'll have a chance to speak up.

Please note: if you disrespect any posters, or comment anything that is unrelated to the topic at hand, your comment will be deleted. This is a safe space for Role Playing and sharing stories. If you have criticisms you want to share, start another thread.

Comments

• ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    My favorite priest past-time is when 90% of priests in FWC forget to press GS or Kaia's in mid and get Dark Heralded or Giga'd.
  • My favorite priest related experience in the exiled realm of Arborea is when i get priests in equalized gear and level 45 dps PVE crystals in my FWC/CS games! It's so much fun!
  • Failing to plague a rag valk claiming it iframed even though you can plague them mid iframe
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    I (cough) "like" how I often seem to get paired up with the, er... less knowledgeable of the player base, at least regarding the IMS. They like to get upset that I'm not healing them properly while I'm wondering while they're still standing in the giant red circle screaming about me not healing them properly.

Anyone who actually mains a priest, you have both my eternal respect and sympathy.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1
    SageWindu wrote: »
    I (cough) "like" how I often seem to get paired up with the, er... less knowledgeable of the player base, at least regarding the IMS. They like to get upset that I'm not healing them properly while I'm wondering while they're still standing in the giant red circle screaming about me not healing them properly.

Anyone who actually mains a priest, you have both my eternal respect and sympathy.

hehe thanks for your respect

And my experience is was similar, and I'll be honest: I love sum' trap runs where people don't know left from right, specially LKNM IMs, those used to be my top 10 TERA pass times on the last few months I was playing regularly.

2nd best experience (or is it the same as 1st?) was going BRHM with my troll Gunner friend who insisted to stay 90º apart from us on the water attack and thus got blown meters away from us with debuff on purpose
    All so she could scream "ERINA LIXO"
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    In thaumetal refinery there's a surprisingly huge amount of people who will try to put the puddles on on the stasis chambers or the vaccine itself. I like pulling them all to me on the edge so the puddles can stack. I've gotten very colorful insults from a lot of them for denying their chance to screw the party.
  • lmuaddiblmuaddib United States
    edited August 5
    I have many experiences as priest, one of the most iconic moments as a priest was when I was in an REHM 10 man raid (Rift Edge hard mode) which some of you may remember and for some it might be before your time. I had a similar experience for most healers where the dps asks "why aren't you healing me properly or enough" overall there was this one warrior who was being completely rude to me. I ended up not healing him but healing everyone else and when he ended up dying pretty quickly I simply said "oops I guess I forgot to heal". He of course got more angry and was just about to go off on me more until the rest of the raid decided to get on him and tell him to apologize to me and that my healing was good. He did apologize and said nothing the rest of the dungeon and he got heals after that from me.
  • LuniackLuniack ✭✭✭
    Im main priest and i have bad experiences in CS games..
    heals are nerfed, kaia shiled is nerfed... Retaliate took so long time on cd...GS too..
    i remember old times when no any class could soled a priest in 1v1... now any class can ( and valks with slash kd... )
    priests need buff on cs, mystic have strong thralls and their cd are better ( i have mystic too )
    We are papers, bad heals N buffs, and no MANA charge xD
  • ElessedilElessedil United States ✭✭
    Well my experiences with priests is experimenting with DPS lol. My very first Tera character I made was a priest but healing gets boring so I started to try to break the mold. Starting from the days when vault was around I was doing what I can to be on top and slowly started to realize that with the right setup you can even solo farm efficiently, better than some dps classes. Now I have 3 priests that makes farming simple.
    With that being said I'm kinda upset with not being able to get the Rank 1 reward for Pit of Petrax Leaderboards. I was waiting anxiously to get my shiny new mask qq. rip.
  • WeridWerid ✭✭
    edited August 17
    My favourite priest experience was when focus healing was healing more than 10-15k in corsairs(great old times)
  • remember, even god tier heals can't cleanse stupidity... we try though, eh?
  • My favourite priest past-time was being forced to make a new priest because my mana charge changed to an apex skill and It wasn't able to be used in skyring anymore :))
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭

I just had to share this here :joy:
  • lysiennelysienne ✭✭
    edited September 6
    my favourite is when your entire party gets CC'd by something that cannot be cleansed... so you just... stand there... and watch them get smashed by the boss...

note: mild swearing alert

• I love the one ninja standing *finally* completely still, waiting for a heal... 40m away from the boss and the rest of the team. Another fan favourite is the three ranged dps, each standing ~15ms from the boss, in three different directions and somehow still all getting hit. I just looooove chasing people with heals, I think it does some good for my priest to run a marathon every time I enter a dungeon :D (to be fair, I IMS a lot lol)