[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Another Wave of Dragons

With an additional damage skill over original dragons. And from the looks of it, cash shop only.
Wtf is this p2w garbage?

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solheim wrote: »
    With an additional damage skill over original dragons. And from the looks of it, cash shop only.
    Wtf is this p2w garbage?

Technically, the "p2w garbage" has been around since the old days of buying extensive and premiums alks, as well as undies from the cash shop. So it's been around for a while.

From a certain point of view, that is.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Solheim wrote: »
    Wtf is this p2w garbage?

Technically, the "p2w garbage" has been around since the old days of buying extensive and premiums alks, as well as undies from the cash shop. So it's been around for a while.

From a certain point of view, that is.

Yeah, however the p2w aspect in TERA was not that heavy because level and gear progression had a cap that anyone could reach in a decent amount of time, however with all this crap acumulated over the time the game is going to the path of heavy p2w in few time.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    cool more dragons
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find odd is that while you can buy some of the old crit dragons directly now (Yaaaaay!), they seem to be based on the weaker ones that you would normally get from grinding your d**k off trying to get scales in the game proper (Boooooo!).

For the direct-buy options to cost 7k (without Elite, mind), why is it those and not the Royal versions?
    What I find odd is that while you can buy some of the old crit dragons directly now (Yaaaaay!), they seem to be based on the weaker ones that you would normally get from grinding your d**k off trying to get scales in the game proper (Boooooo!).

For the direct-buy options to cost 7k (without Elite, mind), why is it those and not the Royal versions?

Price too high and I would dare to say that is something wrong on EME's side to put 1.5 dragons as the same price 2.0 dragons have. They should be cheaper.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Price too high and I would dare to say that is something wrong on EME's side to put 1.5 dragons as the same price 2.0 dragons have. They should be cheaper.

1.5 dragons were harder to get and actually more expensive than 2.0s for quite some time in the past. Besides, the higher the cost the higher the barrier for p2w so you'll see less p2w in the game :)
    edited August 2018
    kamizuma wrote: »

1.5 dragons were harder to get and actually more expensive than 2.0s for quite some time in the past. Besides, the higher the cost the higher the barrier for p2w so you'll see less p2w in the game :)

Sorry, I am not talking about a year ago but at our current build that have months (almost 10 months) were 1.5 dragons are easy to get and 2.0 can only be obtained throught cash shop or having a really good luck at HH.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I am not talking about a year ago but at our current build that have months (almost 10 months) were 1.5 dragons are easy to get and 2.0 can only be obtained throught cash shop or having a really good luck at HH.

It's way easier to just buy cash store boxes and open them for a 2.0 dragon than spend hours upon hours grinding dragon scales for a 1.5. The significant time it takes to get a 1.5 dragon is why the 7k (without elite) price for a 1.5 off the store is valid.

It's way easier to just buy cash store boxes and open them for a 2.0 dragon than spend hours upon hours grinding dragon scales for a 1.5. The significant time it takes to get a 1.5 dragon is why the 7k (without elite) price for a 1.5 off the store is valid.

Sorry, I farmed my 1.5 in game and pretty much know how much time takes to grind it for one character, so not sure if you are taking anecdotal tales of people that cries how hard is to get them in game when it is not.

But I can tell you that once you are able to run 4 star dungeons you can farm that dragon with 100 hours and maybe even less because EME gives dragon scales on calendar and also events. And they would have been easier to get if not for some people crying that they didnt want dragon scales on BG jack pots.
  • The real problem is that we don't get buffs how we should, so to remain viable in end-game PvE content, a dragon (or usually two..) is almost required, especially if you're playing one of the lower-end classes. If you're a ninja or gunner without any dragons, even if your gear is best in slot, you pretty much require awakened class(es) to carry you in AAHM or DS. That's my only real gripe with these dragons. It's gating content behind something that can only be acquired with real-world money.

... i'm also kinda bitter about all the 2.0 dragons i have being obsolete but hey that's life
    The real problem is that we don't get buffs how we should, so to remain viable in end-game PvE content, a dragon (or usually two..) is almost required, especially if you're playing one of the lower-end classes. If you're a ninja or gunner without any dragons, even if your gear is best in slot, you pretty much require awakened class(es) to carry you in AAHM or DS. That's my only real gripe with these dragons. It's gating content behind something that can only be acquired with real-world money.

... i'm also kinda bitter about all the 2.0 dragons i have being obsolete but hey that's life

The most bitter thing is looking at them on cash shop for... 60 dollars when they will become outdated in few months u_u
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I farmed my 1.5 in game and pretty much know how much time takes to grind it for one character, so not sure if you are taking anecdotal tales of people that cries how hard is to get them in game when it is not.

But I can tell you that once you are able to run 4 star dungeons you can farm that dragon with 100 hours and maybe even less because EME gives dragon scales on calendar and also events. And they would have been easier to get if not for some people crying that they didnt want dragon scales on BG jack pots.

wait so you're telling me that spending 100 hours grinding a dragon in game is easier than buying a few boxes off the cash store and opening them?
  • kamizuma wrote: »
    wait so you're telling me that spending 100 hours grinding a dragon in game is easier than buying a few boxes off the cash store and opening them?
    You think people do anything else besides play Tera?

edited August 2018

How many boxes will garantued me to get a dragon?

Last time I stopeed buying lootboxes was when I spent 300 dollars and didnt get what I hoped for.

If you convert that into minimum wage per hour at NA (I think its currently $11 per hour) then you would need to spend about 28 hours working just to not get a garantue that you will get it.

Note: It is up to you how you distribute that amount of time and you will not only get dragon scales from dungeons but also you get materials and gold to continue your gear progression. Something that I know you dont do in game for a long time already because you already accepted that fact on many other threads.
  • kamizuma wrote: »

as someone who spent 15m gold on loot boxes to get 2 dragons and a phoenix.. yes. yes i'm telling you that.