Regarding CH exclusion in merge

1242526272830»

Comments

• SageWindu wrote: »
    Hmm. So CH is essentially no more.

You know what? That's fine. Because I'm still gonna play the game how I with my friends. And if I wanna do so as an elf with some tig-ol' bitties decked out in a set of shiny ceremonial(?) battle armor, you hardcore server merge heads (observation: oh damn, did that sound better in my head) can't stop me. Or my friends. So there. Ahem.

That said, how about fixing some of these other issues, like, say... loot drops? Or maybe even something small like the scarf and cape glitch? Maybe make things a little easier for us few pad players, like not having the game sh*t itself for having the gall to use certain items on the hotbar? Eh? Eh?

Sadly the cape/scarf glitch can only be fixed by unequip and re-equip or with "unethical" means, it's a known bug that BHS never bothered fixing.
  • " YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF EN MASSE."

http://tera.enmasse.com/en/legal/terms-of-service

Just delete characters and cash cosmetics, after all, they are not yours :^)
  • G97AJL6WDD wrote: »

I know you're being sarcastic, but of course that has to be in there because they have the right to ban you. But, suffice it to say, the likelihood of your best your customers (bought the most slots/cosmetics/etc.) being willing to spend more money after you just tell them to throw them out isn't high.

That said, if anyone is really impacted (i.e. no choice but to delete characters with cash shop items), I really suggest contacting support after you've done what you can.
  • G97AJL6WDD wrote: »

I know you're being sarcastic, but of course that has to be in there because they have the right to ban you. But, suffice it to say, the likelihood of your best your customers (bought the most slots/cosmetics/etc.) being willing to spend more money after you just tell them to throw them out isn't high.

That said, if anyone is really impacted (i.e. no choice but to delete characters with cash shop items), I really suggest contacting support after you've done what you can.

I didn't want to be sarcastic, sorry for the ":^)"
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, it's great to hear we're finally being merged!
  • edited September 2018
    kubitoid wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    nice 20 more characters to delete!
    biggest mistake of ppl with many toons is that they dump everything in 1 account. shouldve spread alt characters across several accounts (even if theres no possibility to provide em all with elite status) to avoid deletion of stuff if things like merge happen

It's not just Elite, but founder status, account items, and TERA Rewards buffs as well. It's always been objectively better to have as many of your characters on one account as possible. Except when this happens.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    nice 20 more characters to delete!

I almost shed a tear for you...then I realized it's only kamizuma.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Hmm. So CH is essentially no more.

You know what? That's fine. Because I'm still gonna play the game how I with my friends. And if I wanna do so as an elf with some tig-ol' bitties decked out in a set of shiny ceremonial(?) battle armor, you hardcore server merge heads (observation: oh damn, did that sound better in my head) can't stop me. Or my friends. So there. Ahem.

That said, how about fixing some of these other issues, like, say... loot drops? Or maybe even something small like the scarf and cape glitch? Maybe make things a little easier for us few pad players, like not having the game sh*t itself for having the gall to use certain items on the hotbar? Eh? Eh?

Sadly the cape/scarf glitch can only be fixed by unequip and re-equip or with "unethical" means, it's a known bug that BHS never bothered fixing.

Or just Greet them...fixes as well
  • Kirasaka wrote: »
    Kirasaka wrote: »
    The decision to not merge CH currently is based on our data-driven observations, not conjecture or opinion about the health of the server. We will be monitoring the transfers in and out of the server to determine if there is reason to pivot on this decision and merge it along with the other PvE servers. Again, free transfers will open up on Thursday, September 6th after maintenance concludes.

Cant wait to see everyone leave ch the second those transfers open up. Be realistic that is whats going to happen. Would certainly like to see these 'data driven observations' as they dont match what the playerbase is observing ingame.

We'll let the data decide what happens; THAT is realistic.

I was right, so many people left CH so now you have to merge. Guess your 'data' wasn't correct :^)

Way to go, everyone that has already moved has lost names, bank slots, character slots wardrobe slots, had to delete cash shop items, etc
    Should have merged CH right from the start, all you have caused is anger and confusion.

I tried to warn people to wait for the merge before transferring to other servers. I knew it was going to happen when they left themselves an out with their statement about waiting to see and all. I knew that the data was not going to support ch being a stand alone server. I had to delete 20 characters tonight between av and ch once I found out ch was merging for sure. I lost a lot of money invested in those characters, but im just thankful I didn't buy any character bound mounts.
    bad thing is, what are we all going to do if they ever decide to merge both servers after all this, into one big server. will they then raise the max character slots, or will we be stuck with only 20 still and have to lose more money?
  • edited September 2018
    I was right, so many people left CH so now you have to merge. Guess your 'data' wasn't correct :^)

...Or it just proved that there were enough people taking advantage of the free transfer off that it strongly suggested that people would rather be merged, which was the whole point of leaving it to the data in the first place. No sense being a smartass when they actually do give people what they asked for after people demonstrated materially that it wasn't just talk that they wanted to move. (It's easy to get a vocal minority on the forum who claims to speak for everyone, but seeing people actually migrate proves the point.)

Way to go, everyone that has already moved has lost names, bank slots, character slots wardrobe slots, had to delete cash shop items, etc

As long as they kept at least one single character on CH (or move one back), their character and bank slots will be retained on the new server. And I can't see why anyone would have deleted cash shop items in the people they merged so far. If they did, that was really short-sighted given that they knew free character slots were coming anyway.

bad thing is, what are we all going to do if they ever decide to merge both servers after all this, into one big server. will they then raise the max character slots, or will we be stuck with only 20 still and have to lose more money?

I doubt they'll ever merge it down to 1, honestly, even until the eventual end of the game. But I hope that, if they do, this time they'll be willing to consider just doubling the max character count (as they should have done this time)...
  • SirRadovanSirRadovan ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    So, did they finally add CH to the merge? or are they still being stupid?
  • SirRadovan wrote: »
    So, did they finally add CH to the merge? or are they still being stupid?

AV + TR + CH are to be one server.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28722/the-fate-of-celestial-hills#latest
    Hi everyone!

We wanted to let you all know as soon as the decision was made that the final verdict is that Celestial Hills will be merged with the other PVE servers.

Edited text from FAQ:
    • Mount Tyrannas and Fey Forest will merge to become a new (PVP65) server.
    • Ascension Valley, Celestial Hills and Tempest Reach will merge to become a new (PVE) server.

We will have an official News Post going out tomorrow morning (as previously posted) with details on how to receive your 8 character slots and stating that Celestial Hills will be added to the server merge.

Thank you all so much for your feedback.