Tuwangi times have been extended! Check the announcements for further details: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30878/pubg-x-tera-tuwangi-times-extended
TERA x PUBG is available on all platforms! Learn about our fun crossover event with here: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-x-pubg

Regarding CH exclusion in merge

Comments

• clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    @seandynamite We need some clarity over a few things

1) Can you move a single character as many times as you want with the free transfers?
    2) Can all characters be moved under the free transfers?
    3) Will there be a special consideration for CH with the free transfers (enabling free transfers from CH to any server)?
  • dont cry !!! For these players, there will be a free transfer period that allows characters to be moved from PVP to PVE, or from PVP to PVE starting on Thursday, September 6, and lasting until Monday, September 17.
  • I think they aint givin no data due to privacy and such. Tho we only need to look at moongourds data and have common sense. CH is gonna be even more ded but i honestly think thats whats they want. Tbh i dont care as long as they give the free transfer.
  • edited August 2018
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    1) Can you move a single character as many times as you want with the free transfers?
    3) Will there be a special consideration for CH with the free transfers (enabling free transfers from CH to any server)?

They can clarify, but my understanding is that all transfers to and from all servers will be free to all characters, and you can move as many as you want as long as they meet the normal criteria. (But if you move all your characters off a server that will merge, note that the banks won't merge then, so you'd be better off leaving at least one character on the merging servers.)
    edited August 2018
    How to get a free name change for your character during free transfers:
    1) Transfer the character you want to name change off the server using the free transfer
    2) Create a new character with the name of the character you just transferred off
    3) Transfer the 1st character back and change the name because of the enforced name change

Have fun!
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭

They can clarify, but my understanding is that all transfers to and from all servers will be free to all characters, and you can move as many as you want as long as they meet the normal criteria. (But if you move all your characters off a server that will merge, note that the banks won't merge then, so you'd be better off leaving at least one character on the merging servers.)

That won't be an issue cause CH isn't getting merged ayyyyyyyyy
  • clfarron4 wrote: »
    1) Transfer the character you want to name change off the server using the free transfer
    2) Create a new character with the name of the character you just transferred off
    3) Transfer the 1st character back and change the name because of the enforced name change

Have fun!

There may be a longer "cooldown" for transferring back in this period, but I guess they need to clarify that too.

Have fun!

There may be a longer "cooldown" for transferring back in this period, but I guess they need to clarify that too.

But what if you don't like the server you just moved to and want to move back? I'd expect you'd be able to transfer twice irrespective because of something like not liking the server you moved to.

Unfortunately, you only need to move a character twice for this to work.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont cry !!! For these players, there will be a free transfer period that allows characters to be moved from PVP to PVE, or from PVP to PVE starting on Thursday, September 6, and lasting until Monday, September 17.

Yes and lose all of my bank tabs and wardrobe tabs and potentially gold and characters depending on how many free char slots we get. Delightful :)
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    dont cry !!! For these players, there will be a free transfer period that allows characters to be moved from PVP to PVE, or from PVP to PVE starting on Thursday, September 6, and lasting until Monday, September 17.

Yes and lose all of my bank tabs and wardrobe tabs and potentially gold and characters depending on how many free char slots we get. Delightful :)

You can always buy more character slots and wardrobe slots, cosmetics with CASH!- EME
  • clfarron4 wrote: »

Have fun!

But what if you don't like the server you just moved to and want to move back? I'd expect you'd be able to transfer twice irrespective because of something like not liking the server you moved to.

All this free merger window is only before the merge anyway, so judging whether you "like" the server you just moved to is pointless. You'll only know what it's really like after the merge is over, and by that point you'll have to pay to move to one of the other ones.

But anyway... up to them what they're going to do, obviously.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    What makes any of you think you're entitled to see a company's internal data numbers? I'm all for open communication and think EME needs to do a much better job of it, but really?

That being said, I agree with @counterpoint . @seandynamite if the numbers do cause you to reconsider and merge CH into the PvE server, please consider delaying it a bit and doing it as a second step. Merging 2 servers at a time at least assures nothing will be deleted immediately due to lack of inventory space (just imagine the number of complaints and support tickets you would get if that happened).

Unless you're willing to give us up to 8 temporary wardrobe slots and 16 temporary bank slots, then go nuts.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    CornishRex wrote: »

Yup, and if you're in a guild or god forbid you lead one, you can have fun abandoning it and starting a new one from scratch or joining some total stranger's guild and hoping they're alright. Feels great, man. Can't wait to ditch my level 18x guild to go re-earn all those guild privileges again because a data driven decision said this was the right decision ;^).
  • The decision to not merge CH currently is based on our data-driven observations, not conjecture or opinion about the health of the server. We will be monitoring the transfers in and out of the server to determine if there is reason to pivot on this decision and merge it along with the other PvE servers. Again, free transfers will open up on Thursday, September 6th after maintenance concludes.

Hey GMs, firstly, how can you leave one server out of such a game changing move and literally not explain until we call you out for it?

Secondly, just fobbing us players with excuses such as "data-driven observations" - couldn't anyone from your team have the decency to share with us part of the observations at the least, isn't the point of the FAQ for players to understand your company logic.

Let me tell you what your data isnt telling you - what do you think is happening in an RP server since Tera was launched since 2012 and zero efforts from the GMs to promote RP? Dont need to think too hard, let me tell you the obvious - after 6 years "RP" or if you could ever define casual chatting as that, it has long been reduced to a shadow of its former glory and PVE players make up a majority of the player base.

Everyone in this game is dying for a more active community, more players to run dugneons with, to make more friends, to have a freer market etc and as a CH player i'm seriously disappointed in your lack of transparency to players in such a major decision.
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▄▇ #saveCH