Regarding CH exclusion in merge

Comments

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no mention of a name wipe in the news post but in a stream it was mentioned two weeks ago. I’ve been wanting to make a feedback thread based off my point of view and I’ve been putting it off, but the name wipe and CH being excluded from the merge means that I can do that no longer. CH is dead or dying. Most quit and or moved to other games. The game has ran dry because of no events. The calendar is atrocious and gives zero incentive to keep logging in. There’s literally nothing fun to do unless you like doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result which is legitimately the defintion of insanity. The forums are also very inactive too. I can go on and on but I’ll save that for my thread when I come around to making it.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▄▇ #saveCesspitHills
  • What’s this forbidden wall you people keep talking about .. ?
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually happy CH isn't being merged. I know I'm the odd one out here, but that's my personal opinion. I never have issues finding parties for dungeons and events.

If people can transfer out of CH though, that'll become a different story.
  • Meningitis wrote: »
    I'm actually happy CH isn't being merged. I know I'm the odd one out here, but that's my personal opinion. I never have issues finding parties for dungeons and events.

With a server merge you would get twice as many, that's for sure. If the free server transfer is also available for CH you might expect the availability of parties to decrease, unless you always play with the same groups and those stay in the server.
  • TYoung11TYoung11 ✭✭✭
    It is true that there is consistently a decent number of people on CH. The vast majority however tend to be short term. We get a lot of people that level to 65, play for a little while then leave. The endgame player base is dismal. THIS is the reason that CH should be merged or at the very least CH players should be compensated for the loss of their bank and wardrobe tabs, let alone the guilds they will be leaving behind and all the work that was done leveling them. I say this because I feel the vast majority of the endgame player base will be leaving (That or saying to hell with it and quitting the game all together).
    There is no incentive for long term players to stay on CH. For this reason I am extremely disappointed in the decision to exclude CH from the merging servers and STRONGLY recommend you reconsider. This feels massively unfair to the CH player base.
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    With a server merge you would get twice as many, that's for sure. If the free server transfer is also available for CH you might expect the availability of parties to decrease, unless you always play with the same groups and those stay in the server.
    That's obvious. If server transfer away from CH is given out people will mass panic move away from it.
    I don't play with a static. I never have. That's why I think people are overselling "CH is dead." Our CU is pathetic, yeah, but our pve has been fine since last server merge happened. At least from my perspective it has. Maybe I'm just continually lucky that I could always find a party for whatever I wanted.
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    Its like they did with highwatch before, forcing people to buying slots andgo to AV or stay in a brand new dead pvp server (FF).
    I feel your pain, CH.
  • AldroideAldroide
    edited August 2018
    CH is dead :'( pls merge
    Yuxibr wrote: »
    Its like they did with highwatch before, forcing people to buying slots andgo to AV or stay in a brand new dead pvp server (FF).
    I feel your pain, CH.
    I don't get how this is the same. Back when they made FF they forced PvE players into a PvP server. That's not what's happening here. CH is just being left alone and players aren't being forced into a different kind of server.
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »
    Yuxibr wrote: »
    I feel your pain, CH.
    I don't get how this is the same. Back when they made FF they forced PvE players into a PvP server. That's not what's happening here. CH is just being left alone and players aren't being forced into a different kind of server.

They are not forcing them to be in a pvp server in this case, but they're kinda forcing them to stay in a place that is almost dead. So they need to choose some chars to transfer and buy some slots or stay alone in a place that they dont want to.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Meningitis wrote: »

They can. Everyone's going to get a free server transfer basically, so most people are just gonna take the opportunity and dip out of CH. Says in one of their notes that they're letting people in pvp servers switch to a pve server and vice versa for free. So a CH player can just free-transfer to mt, and then (I assume) wait the 5 day cooldown and then transfer again to TR.