[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Regarding CH exclusion in merge

Comments

• MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    There's just one more thing I feel like I should say: If most of CH's playerbase is protesting this decision, then EME really should listen to their active community and merge it. Just because I didn't have a "dead" experience doesn't mean other people haven't had issues finding parties for higher end content. What @TYoung11 said is also true- the bulk of our players are temporary newbies or people who only run with their guilds (Even though I'd wager it's like that for every server, though other servers have larger numbers in general).
    edited August 2018
    voidy wrote: »
    So a CH player can just free-transfer to mt, and then (I assume) wait the 5 day cooldown and then transfer again to TR.
    That sounds incredibly tedious. Oof. I wonder how many ppl will actually go through with that. Time will tell I guess.
  • iBRECiBREC
    edited August 2018
    What do you need to accept CH on Merge? a Strawpoll? Lets vote or something like that.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    So a CH player can just free-transfer to mt, and then (I assume) wait the 5 day cooldown and then transfer again to TR.
    That sounds incredibly tedious. Oof. I wonder how many ppl will actually go through with that. Time will tell I guess.

It is extremely tedious. A player who does this would also have to abandon all of his or her friends, their guild, and all of their connections while almost certainly losing their IGN since a server transfer gets zero name priority compared to a server merge situation. Yet in spite of all that, I still see nearly everyone talking about moving to MT anyway.
  • TYoung11TYoung11 ✭✭✭
    Thinking about it further, assuming CH player can transfer out, they would need to not only repurchase their bank slots and wardrobe tabs, they would have to purchase character slots to match their current number of characters. This is even more of an undue burden on the CH player base. These things considered...I question if it's even worth the effort when a company can be so negligently unfair to a portion of its player base. The more I think about it, the more I consider canceling the elite subscription I have held for years and simply saying goodbye to the game. EME I urge you to reconsider this decision of excluding CH. It is entirely unfair to the player base. Why should the player base continue to support a company that denies equal treatment to it's players?
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Typical mEME.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    The decision to not merge CH currently is based on our data-driven observations, not conjecture or opinion about the health of the server. We will be monitoring the transfers in and out of the server to determine if there is reason to pivot on this decision and merge it along with the other PvE servers. Again, free transfers will open up on Thursday, September 6th after maintenance concludes.

how many transfer slots will we be able to get if we decided to move from ch to a pvp server? will we get the max character slots that we have on ch? and will we be able to move all 16 for free?
  • Ivonne wrote: »
    ... #SaveCH

e.e
  • FerriaFerria ✭✭✭
    I've been loyal to this game and love it because of its combat since day 1. But I left for a little, came back when gunner was back and kept playing until "xingcode" was introduced and I quit after that.

I've got over 15,000 hours on Steam and that excludes it before EME added Tera on Steam and I've seen how the game and community evolved. CH is dead. Literally.

1. Takes HOURS to QUE
    2. LFG is EMPTY or WTB advertisements
    3. Everyone has their own "niche" groupie
    4. If you're a stranger wanting to mingle and play with anyone, tough luck.
    5. DPS meters.. yolo.
    6. Billion and one alts on CH just used to AFK or to trade EMP/items to their main on ANOTHER SERVER!
    7. Forbidden.. will forever be forbidden.
    8. All PVP/PVE, Global chats and public chats are dead.
    9. You see nobody active on but afk-ers
    10. HIGHWATCH HAS NO LAG! WTFBBQ~ (sarcasm intended)

If there is anything to save CH, merge all PvE into ONE server. OR get a freaking GM who knows HOW to play the darn game and actually HOST RP events... stop prioritising freaking TR and MT! (or whatever the new name will be)

That is all. Kthxbai.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The decision to not merge CH currently is based on our data-driven observations, not conjecture or opinion about the health of the server. We will be monitoring the transfers in and out of the server to determine if there is reason to pivot on this decision and merge it along with the other PvE servers. Again, free transfers will open up on Thursday, September 6th after maintenance concludes.

how many transfer slots will we be able to get if we decided to move from ch to a pvp server? will we get the max character slots that we have on ch? and will we be able to move all 16 for free?

No you wont.

EME will give few free char slots but if I have to guess it will be the same amount console players got.

So if your limit character on MT is 2 and you have 20 characters at CH the amount of char slots EME will give wont be sufficient to move even half of your current characters from CH to MT. Let alone to TR if you know what I mean.
    Ferria wrote: »
    1. Takes HOURS to QUE
    That literally has nothing to do with CH. Queue goes between all servers.
  • FerriaFerria ✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »
    Ferria wrote: »
    1. Takes HOURS to QUE
    That literally has nothing to do with CH. Queue goes between all servers.

Just added it there as one of the reasons.