[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Regarding CH exclusion in merge

Comments

• clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    The decision to not merge CH currently is based on our data-driven observations, not conjecture or opinion about the health of the server. We will be monitoring the transfers in and out of the server to determine if there is reason to pivot on this decision and merge it along with the other PvE servers. Again, free transfers will open up on Thursday, September 6th after maintenance concludes.

how many transfer slots will we be able to get if we decided to move from ch to a pvp server? will we get the max character slots that we have on ch? and will we be able to move all 16 for free?

No you wont.

EME will give few free char slots but if I have to guess it will be the same amount console players got.

So if your limit character on MT is 2 and you have 20 characters at CH the amount of char slots EME will give wont be sufficient to move even half of your current characters from CH to MT. Let alone to TR if you know what I mean.

They gave character slots for console, but they haven't said anything about giving character slots for PC. Yet.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Xerses wrote: »
    It does when you're on your dps and there's no one who joins your lfg and you resort to queuing for a dungeon
    That's much more of an overarching game problem than a problem with CH in particular. Anybody who chooses to ims on any server goes through the same problem unless they're playing a tank. If absolutely no one is joining your lfg, people are probably avoiding you.
  • FerriaFerria ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Xerses wrote: »
    Ferria wrote: »
    Meningitis wrote: »
    1. Takes HOURS to QUE
    That literally has nothing to do with CH. Queue goes between all servers.

Just added it there as one of the reasons.

Aren't you that asian chick who used to stream this game on twitch?
    Meningitis wrote: »
    1. Takes HOURS to QUE
    That literally has nothing to do with CH. Queue goes between all servers.

It does when you're on your dps and there's no one who joins your lfg and you resort to queuing for a dungeon

Yes I am.. I streamed like crazy for HOURS on Twitch lmao! I guess you watched my streams huh? xD;; I played when the PS4 version came out hoping it'd be something more refreshing.. well, nope ahaha.. got so many characters to 65 and quit ._.;;

EME partner.. heh. I wish this game had more heart but gone were the days of Tonka T^T

• just when we thought that I had listened to the players of tera, they find the way to make it lose.is simply sad
    #SaveCH
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    The decision to not merge CH currently is based on our data-driven observations, not conjecture or opinion about the health of the server. We will be monitoring the transfers in and out of the server to determine if there is reason to pivot on this decision and merge it along with the other PvE servers. Again, free transfers will open up on Thursday, September 6th after maintenance concludes.

how many transfer slots will we be able to get if we decided to move from ch to a pvp server? will we get the max character slots that we have on ch? and will we be able to move all 16 for free?

No you wont.

EME will give few free char slots but if I have to guess it will be the same amount console players got.

So if your limit character on MT is 2 and you have 20 characters at CH the amount of char slots EME will give wont be sufficient to move even half of your current characters from CH to MT. Let alone to TR if you know what I mean.

They gave character slots for console, but they haven't said anything about giving character slots for PC. Yet.

You sure?
    Q: I play on multiple servers. How many character slots will I have on the new server?

The new servers will have characters slots equal to the highest number of slots on either of the merging servers (MT and FF, AV and TR). Again, players with characters on both merging servers will enter their new server with character slots equal to the highest number of character slots on either of the servers. (Remember: This is based on character slots, not actual characters.)
    Example: If you have four character slots on Tempest Reach and two character slots on Ascension Valley, you’ll have four character slots on the new server (not six). If you have six characters for those four slots after the merge, you will need to remove two of them before you can start playing.
    The week before the server merge, En Masse Entertainment will send every account additional character slots (amount TBD), as individual items in Item Claim. To maximize the number of available slots after the merge, use them on the server where you currently have the most characters. The maximum number of characters slots on any server is now 20, so plan accordingly.
  • XeirylXeiryl ✭✭✭
    why'd you guys stop posting i wanted more to read at the dinner table :(
    edited August 2018

You sure?
    Q: I play on multiple servers. How many character slots will I have on the new server?

The new servers will have characters slots equal to the highest number of slots on either of the merging servers (MT and FF, AV and TR). Again, players with characters on both merging servers will enter their new server with character slots equal to the highest number of character slots on either of the servers. (Remember: This is based on character slots, not actual characters.)
    Example: If you have four character slots on Tempest Reach and two character slots on Ascension Valley, you’ll have four character slots on the new server (not six). If you have six characters for those four slots after the merge, you will need to remove two of them before you can start playing.
    The week before the server merge, En Masse Entertainment will send every account additional character slots (amount TBD), as individual items in Item Claim. To maximize the number of available slots after the merge, use them on the server where you currently have the most characters. The maximum number of characters slots on any server is now 20, so plan accordingly.

Rumours spread by EME until they do it. You should know the drill by now. Just like Part 2 of the Fashion Coupon update that never happened, or the in-game method for grinding 2.0 dragons, or the update to the Rewards Emporium, or the name wipe that was supposedly happening on PC before the server merge.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    This week in American Publisher, two teams compete to see who can run away more players with a single decision.
    Kakao: Alright, I think I've got this one in the bag. *goes back on 2 year long promise to never be full blown p2w by letting whales melt their costumes into enchanting materials*
    EME: Damn, that's pretty good. But hold my beer and check THIS out...
  • YordanYordan ✭✭✭
    Just wait 1 more year, they will be forced to merge all of them into one. xd
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    nice time to start deleting stuff
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    @seandynamite its better to merge because you lose in server transfers when i can get my whole bank with merge you want me to lose my whole bank to server transfer 100k and a few stuff you be realistic how time have you spent playing this game? many are already gonna lose a lot of characters with costumes etc and you talking about be realistic come on make the community happy and merge CH forget data its good sign so far I ain't see anyone ranting about how many characters they gonna loss I may be talking to fast about that one waiting to see the post soon lol.
  • edited August 2018
    Melyodis wrote: »
    so far I ain't see anyone ranting about how many characters they gonna loss
    There were others before in this thread, too. Just that the CH issue is bigger at the moment, and the affected people were always going to be a minority. The fact that they are excluding CH from the merger is one of the things that actually reduces this crunch a bit, so not as many people will be affected as might have otherwise. Not that this is necessarily itself a reason (though the lack of sufficient temp banks is a big problem).
    Assuming the standard 5 day cooldown applies (and you can actually transfer on Monday 17th September), if you want to move from a PvE server to a PvE server using the free transfer system, the latest day you would want to safely consider moving is the 11th, wait the 5 days and then move again on the 16/17th.
  • edited September 2018
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    Assuming the standard 5 day cooldown applies (and you can actually transfer on Monday 17th September), if you want to move from a PvE server to a PvE server using the free transfer system, the latest day you would want to safely consider moving is the 11th, wait the 5 days and then move again on the 16/17th.

We'll still see how it works, but I still doubt the PvE/PvP will make any difference. I suspect it'll be just free-for-all transfers. I suspect the whole PvE/PvP wording was just copy/pasted from the FF/HW merger when this was an issue. But I guess we'll see...

Otherwise, you're right -- unless they change the cooldown, you just have to double-transfer, which then makes you wonder... . . .

Edit: I looked at the old FAQ, and it did come from there originally, but it looks like the wording was changed to be specifically about PvE to PvP and PvP to PvE, so maybe you're right after all -- assuming they don't change the cooldown.

Edit 2: Cobaltdragon just confirmed in Discord that it's open transfer to all servers:
    Just to confirm, players on CH will be included in the free transfer.

The transfer will allow any Server. The point of the statement, I believe is due to the fact that moving between PVE and PVE would not nessicarily be needed, except Ch, since the two PVE Servers are being merged, and moving between the two PVP Servers, those also being merged together.