The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Name the new PVP server!

Here is the PVP server naming poll - it will close on September 13th at 12 PM PDT.
Results will be announced on stream September 14th at 2:30 PM PDT.

I'll be removing any comments that are negative or are not about the topic at hand.
Keep it civil please!

Name the new PVP server! 350 votes

Kaiator
59% 209 votes
Argonea
16% 56 votes
Vale of Spires
24% 85 votes

Comments

• Out of curiousity, why change the naming scheme from what it's been? I personally am not a fan of any of the three choices here, I liked the region names thing we had going on before.
  • Where is the Mount Tyrannas option?
  • Pardon fine fellows of the censored forum (factual) I did not mean to transfer in any way shape or form personal feeling through last post. I simply meant to inform you that It could be possible that we members of the pvp servers would like to keep our server original name. So I only meant to mention that it should be given as an option that we add MT and FF as an option to this poll of yours. Thus giving people at least a chance to keep something as change for the better are being placed upon thus although the 3 choice are fine in some peoples opinion it may not be to the majority of people. If this should not be acceptable post please feel free to edit but i humbly ask you to consider idea.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why change it from what it was before? Wasn't Kaia and Velik some of the options?
  • Why can't we just keep MT.. That's such a sick name. None of these abbreviate well."Hi I'm from K." Sounds dumb af. The only multi word option here is VoS but now that's too long.. Always changing the good things we have going. Way to go.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    Why change it from what it was before? Wasn't Kaia and Velik some of the options?

Probably because it didn't fit the usual naming convention that we've used before. Add the fact that they probably won't change Celestial Hills so a server list of two gods + 1 place looks awkward.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I commend the two choices taken: moving the poll to the official forums, and going with names of places in the game.

Now there's no awkward Celestial Hills left alone, and it fits our scheme that has been going on. Placed my vote already.
  • Yeah eme don't know how to not make people angry look I'm gonna start out by saying just a suggestion if you honestly give people option to keep thing that they want vs something new it will make them happy at least even if its not picked. The Valk naming was a prime example it was a choice that I liked the de facto k tera translation Lunar Dancer Valk and some third name you guys gave us as an option. Valk won but the fact that Lunar Dancer and Valk were close and you gave us a chance to give it that name that we got use to was awesome so wasn't even mad about it. Just give us the option is all we are asking for.
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    I commend the two choices taken: moving the poll to the official forums, and going with names of places in the game.

Now there's no awkward Celestial Hills left alone, and it fits our scheme that has been going on. Placed my vote already.

but this doesn't fit the scheme.. they changed it from regions to cities for some reason.. probably just a lack of understanding of the difference: "a place is a place" but like.. bastion vs balder's refuge.. i think balder's refuge makes a better server name, personally.. idk why they changed the naming scheme.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    I mean if you call it Kaiator then you still can call it Kaia for short tbh
  • Keep it as Mount Tyranass. I don't see WHY change the server name.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

but this doesn't fit the scheme.. they changed it from regions to cities for some reason.. probably just a lack of understanding of the difference: "a place is a place" but like.. bastion vs balder's refuge.. i think balder's refuge makes a better server name, personally.. idk why they changed the naming scheme.

I think it's always just been generic "places" to be honest -- or at least they haven't always been 100% consistent. Back when I first started playing TERA, my first server was Dragonfall, which is a town. And then, before we had FF, we had Highwatch. I think it's just "locations on the map."
  • Mercival wrote: »
    Yeah eme don't know how to not make people angry look I'm gonna start out by saying just a suggestion if you honestly give people option to keep thing that they want vs something new it will make them happy at least even if its not picked. The Valk naming was a prime example it was a choice that I liked the de facto k tera translation Lunar Dancer Valk and some third name you guys gave us as an option. Valk won but the fact that Lunar Dancer and Valk were close and you gave us a chance to give it that name that we got use to was awesome so wasn't even mad about it. Just give us the option is all we are asking for.

That was a bad example. The fan translation that people were going with was Lunar Dancer, and a lot of people liked it. The poll options they gave were Valkyrie vs Moon Dancer and other irrelevant names. Had they actually polled what the community wanted, we would have had Lunar Dancer instead.
  • MercivalMercival ✭✭
    edited September 7
    Tru \o/ ......... was close nufff for me to like just didn't remember while ago correctly.
  • Also Oic I have a feeling they gonna go the same way with this one and just not honestly care about our opinion. I r sad :_;