Talent System and NA

Comments

• > @counterpoint said:
    >
    > No, as I explained earlier, the talent pool is by server. So when you earn talents on one character on the server, it increases the pool for all your characters on the server.
    >
    > What it does mean, though, is that it's counterproductive to have characters on multiple servers, and not very beneficial to transfer servers once you're established somewhere.

Thats sound better we believed talents were going to be like everything in Tera. Character soulbinded.
    per account sounds better
  • I like a lot the fact that it is server wide and not character wide meaning that we can farm talents with character A and use it on character B or vice versa which is a great thing that helps so much those that play with multiple classes.

Now, i do wonder about the way that the talents will be introduced as in a farmable way: what we will need to do? Dungeons? Battlegrounds? Hopefully.. it will not be IOD involved because it will be really ugly...

Also, i am guessing that the talent system will come somewhere in December or even during Xmass since we will get the Awakening 2 this October (?) and market wise it is not "profitable" to release two shiny things at the same time ( sadly.. in this world: we are our own shackles ).

At the very least we will finally get the talent system along with the second Awakening and the game might be interesting for a little longer.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    > @HLK76PFWXT said:
    > I like a lot the fact that it is server wide and not character wide meaning that we can farm talents with character A and use it on character B or vice versa which is a great thing that helps so much those that play with multiple classes.
    >
    > Now, i do wonder about the way that the talents will be introduced as in a farmable way: what we will need to do? Dungeons? Battlegrounds? Hopefully.. it will not be IOD involved because it will be really ugly...
    >
    > Also, i am guessing that the talent system will come somewhere in December or even during Xmass since we will get the Awakening 2 this October (?) and market wise it is not "profitable" to release two shiny things at the same time ( sadly.. in this world: we are our own shackles ).
    >
    >
    > At the very least we will finally get the talent system along with the second Awakening and the game might be interesting for a little longer.

Talent exp is farmed by completing vanguards.

There seens to exist a daily character cap on how much exp you can get per day (couldnt test if is acc, since only1 char)

If the cap is per character the best way to farm will be good old iod vanguard spam in multiple alts
  • Ketoth wrote: »

There seens to exist a daily character cap on how much exp you can get per day (couldnt test if is acc, since only1 char)

If the cap is per character the best way to farm will be good old iod vanguard spam in multiple alts

Talents can be earned by just killing most bams, vanguards, guardian missions, dungeons (not counting the vanguard quest)
  • Talent exp is farmed by completing vanguards.

Talents can be earned by just killing most bams, vanguards, guardian missions, dungeons (not counting the vanguard quest)

Thanks a lot for the info! I am really glad to see that we will be able to acquire points for talents while following our daily routine ( battlegrounds/dungeons/dailies/etc ).
  • Priest has a damage talent for energy stars. [filtered] lol.

Well this comes off as a pleasant surprise. As far as I know, there's a few essentials (like crit resist debuff for priests) but other talents are less impactful. So while we will always lack behind ktera, I suppose the gap isn't as big as it may seem. Perhaps we will get some events to get us a small advantage, but I understand that getting for free what ktera farmed their sould to dust for is unfair to them.
  • System Talents!! tthat's the dream!!
  • Norafin wrote: »
    Priest has a damage talent for energy stars. [filtered] lol.

Well this comes off as a pleasant surprise. As far as I know, there's a few essentials (like crit resist debuff for priests) but other talents are less impactful. So while we will always lack behind ktera, I suppose the gap isn't as big as it may seem. Perhaps we will get some events to get us a small advantage, but I understand that getting for free what ktera farmed their sould to dust for is unfair to them.

Except the fact that this system should of been here almost 3 years ago, so we would of had talent levels close to them, so giving it to us later and making us regrind for it is not fair for us at all. Since we put as much work in as they did, if not more because we had longer harder boss fights. They put talents in and give people a really low amount of levels, you will see people leave.
  • Xristosx wrote: »
    Norafin wrote: »
    Priest has a damage talent for energy stars. [filtered] lol.

Except the fact that this system should of been here almost 3 years ago, so we would of had talent levels close to them, so giving it to us later and making us regrind for it is not fair for us at all. Since we put as much work in as they did, if not more because we had longer harder boss fights. They put talents in and give people a really low amount of levels, you will see people leave.

I would like to not complain about this because quite frankly, we weren't even getting this in the first place. Just be glad they finally fix the "bug" they told us about 3 years ago.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    Nyanta1177 wrote: »
    Ketoth wrote: »

I say TERA's XP system needs to be reworked in order to mitigate some of the grind. Make it so that you accrue XP by the kill (like how it is with leveling) rather than by the quest. This would also make item XP easier to manage as well.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭

Account based
  • What i hope is that we are going to have some sort of events or anything to let us have an easier time with the start so we will not need to farm so many months to reach the so called soft cap for talents.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited September 27
    Does anyone know if Entropic Emblems will be related with the talent system in any sort of way? I was reading about gathering/fishing but then i have stumbled by mistake upon this piece of information that it was not clear due to translation but it was talking about Entropic/Metamorphic embles having some sort of connection with the talent system.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    edited September 27
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Entropic Emblems will be related with the talent system in any sort of way? I was reading about gathering/fishing but then i have stumbled by mistake upon this piece of information that it was not clear due to translation but it was talking about Entropic/Metamorphic embles having some sort of connection with the talent system.

Probably just a name confusion with Golden/Silver Talents. Entropics are where you can buy the enchanting talents, which have nothing to do with the character talents of this system.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    Hope this helps cause there is a lot of dugens were boss hp pools are eternal and doing damage is really important to avoid eternal times.