[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

CH server merge with TR and AV

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    hellno wrote: »
    BBGun wrote: »
    Whelp CH has finally got what they want, they're now squeezing themselves in between TR and AV while they are headbutting each other competing for character names and guild names. I guess free transfers wasn't enough albeit the ppl who cared and wanted a bigger player population would have already transfered.

Whats gonna happen next? Is EME going to copy Gameforge and open up a new server a few weeks after? Damn a brand new fresh server with no economy or playerbase established, the existing players will love to to take advantage of all of that, hoard all the names, give the new players a false sense of healthy living population before returning to their own server. I laugh the day EME opens up a new server.

I didn't think 20 character slot for the merging 2 server was too bad, it couldn't get any much worser I thought, jokes on me, damn now a 3rd server and no increase in cap slots. I feel bad for the people having to delete their characters + bonus pity points if said characters has cosmetics + 2x multiplier if they are lootbox only items and/or paid with their own irl cash.

Who actually has over 40 characters they ACTIVELY play?

The amount of people this affects is pretty damn low compare to the good a server merger will do. Lets not let the few mess it up for the whole freaking population.

As for losing names, I get it sucks. I am pretty sure im going to lose a few names, but so what. We are actually going to have a more lively server with more people to play with. Rather lose my names then be on a dead server. (im on MT which is suppose to be one of the "lively" ones, and that [filtered] is dead)

well in the past i used multi characters to farm in tera when tera was important for me and so i bought some dress for my characters, at this time you could farm kyra potion even if your characters was in another servers or use some elite gifts you got when you raise your characters to 65, so it is how we got so many characters on severals servers before they merge vot, lot and hw to ff

and i bought my characters slots with real money, so i can say to you if i lost this money because server merge, i can directly uninstall tera :/
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    what's with that dumb "them against us" attitude. we're all playing the same game in the same region and it's not anyone's fault that they didn't pick MT or TR as their starting server. TR isn't even living up to its hype these days so maybe after the merge you guys can finally get 5 good people together to do uppers =)

the merge is going to help the game overall, including TR. It's a bit late but it's better than nothing. All this [filtered] over names is ridiculous.

because we are upset to delete our characters, if happen well it is [filtered] off tera, bhs and enmasse

There is Thread begging EME to merge CH what not you all complaining I saw this coming why you didn't voice we don't want CH to merge in another Thread or even the same thread.

Some of us did, quite thoroughly.

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    Dokibun wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? There is a THIRTY page thread full of people complaining about CH not getting a merge and that literally meaning the server will die. You finally get merged and you're complaining again.
    I'm fully aware that mEme is a really [filtered] company, but sometimes it's really hard to please a bunch of crybabies.

It's pretty obvious that the guy who made this thread is from a lively server and is against people from CH coming in, meaning the people who made the 30 page complaint thread are one group and the people supporting this type of thread are a completely different group entirely.

I literally just had this thought: you know how a major complaint on the other thread was that people felt "tricked" into joining CH because it said "Recommended"? What if that was because the population was low and EME was trying to entice people into playing on it?

(I mean, it didn't seem to work, but still... makes you think...)

As far as I play, I remember the "recommended" status always referring to the lower population ones indeed, probably to avoid hitting entering queues (yeah, I DID once hit a queue!!), or massive server loads and such. I do remember when the game hit Steam and the gigantic influx of new players (and that annoying cancer on the 1st days of new b!tch*s complaining about everyone's character... Won't be missed), the more populated servers - AV was one of those! - had a "full" tag to it, and had chance of entering queue.
  • vkobe wrote: »
    Whelp CH has finally got what they want, they're now squeezing themselves in between TR and AV while they are headbutting each other competing for character names and guild names. I guess free transfers wasn't enough albeit the ppl who cared and wanted a bigger player population would have already transfered.

Whats gonna happen next? Is EME going to copy Gameforge and open up a new server a few weeks after? Damn a brand new fresh server with no economy or playerbase established, the existing players will love to to take advantage of all of that, hoard all the names, give the new players a false sense of healthy living population before returning to their own server. I laugh the day EME opens up a new server.

I didn't think 20 character slot for the merging 2 server was too bad, it couldn't get any much worser I thought, jokes on me, damn now a 3rd server and no increase in cap slots. I feel bad for the people having to delete their characters + bonus pity points if said characters has cosmetics + 2x multiplier if they are lootbox only items and/or paid with their own irl cash.

The amount of people this affects is pretty damn low compare to the good a server merger will do. Lets not let the few mess it up for the whole freaking population.

As for losing names, I get it sucks. I am pretty sure im going to lose a few names, but so what. We are actually going to have a more lively server with more people to play with. Rather lose my names then be on a dead server. (im on MT which is suppose to be one of the "lively" ones, and that [filtered] is dead)

well in the past i used multi characters to farm in tera when tera was important for me and so i bought some dress for my characters, at this time you could farm kyra potion even if your characters was in another servers or use some elite gifts you got when you raise your characters to 65, so it is how we got so many characters on severals servers before they merge vot, lot and hw to ff

and i bought my characters slots with real money, so i can say to you if i lost this money because server merge, i can directly uninstall tera :/

What if enmass refund the emp spent on those lost costumes and slots?
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Vorlon wrote: »

EME would never, ever do that. Why even give people the hope that they will?
  • Vorlon wrote: »

If someone is in the situation where they've exhausted all other options and must delete characters with bound cash shop items because of the merger, they really should contact support. I don't think they will refund the EMP spent for cosmetics, but in this special circumstance they will find a way to help them keep the cash shop items they bought.

So anyway, anyone who is legitimately in this circumstance really should send in a ticket and work it out.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Anyway I like it when they merge CH, but I feel stupid for transferring 8 of my toons right now.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    this post was no longer needed
  • edited September 2018
    RKC u welcome back in the guild if u want. Vogel here.

As for the Tr people , since i do and will do the dungeons for our guild in Ch right now . Who cares for other ppl and other servers. I know only guildys and friends , others are nothing at all, non existing.

Toxicity and poison threads are starting even before the merge!
  • tisnotme wrote: »
    well I tried with one im deleting for this merge @counterpoint and tried at the same time to get back some of the recently used character (6) slots (that I used to try to keep alts on three servers) that @seandynamite stated in a post we could get back and the reply was

Assuming there's no other way to save the character (can't transfer it to one of the PvP servers or anything), I recommend asking for your case to be escalated. I think they're just following the normal policy without considering the special circumstances of the merger, assuming you really have no other choice.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    RKC u welcome back in the guild if u want. Vogel here.

As for the Tr people , since i do and will do the dungeons for our guild in Ch right now . Who cares for other ppl and other servers. I know only guildys and friends , others are nothing at all, non existing.

Toxicity and poison threads are starting even before the merge!

Thanks man when the merge happens Ill apply again.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorlon wrote: »

i hope, but it is unlikely :)
  • I've been on TR since the beginning, apart from making a couple of toons on CH a very long time ago all 30 characters I've got over a few accounts are on TR, no doubt I'll have a lot of names to change, but it no biggie, gives me opportunity to make an even better character name, one thats even more unique.

If anyone to blame it is eme and Bluehole, They made the 3 servers, they let things get out of control, so stop with the blaming of players on other servers.

Also:

TR is totally dead for anyone that isn't a healer from levels 20 to 65.
    Now once 65 then sure usually a few people around to get dungeons with, but 99% of the time the only LFG's are for the really high dungeons, those trying to get parties for lower dungeons if dps tend to have to wait over half an hour in que.

So TR not that good of a place, might have more characters on it, but actual active players no better than the others.

So as someone on TR I welcome the merge and hope that there are a lot more active players at all levels, and if you lose your character name then tough, you should of played it more.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh well now than i checked my account it seem bad, i have 21 characters on the 3 servers and we only got 8 characters slots and i have 10 characters outside of tempest reach

seem 17 september is last day in tera for me :/
  • vkobe wrote: »
    oh well now than i checked my account it seem bad, i have 21 characters on the 3 servers and we only got 8 characters slots and i have 10 characters outside of tempest reach

seem 17 september is last day in tera for me :/

I know this isn't the best solution, but you can transfer some characters to one of the PvP servers. If you're a F2P player, you can transfer two to MT or FF without needing any slots, and that'll put you at 19 on PvE. Then you'd only need 1 more slot to save them all. If you're Founders, you can move up to 8 to MT or FF, and wouldn't need to buy any more slots.

Again, I know this isn't a good solution, but at least it's an option to save your characters.