Fix your damn patching

It's an absolute travesti that each new patch essentially amounts to a full reinstall of the game, especially when the fixes are more often than not, not significant nor game changing.

To have to do a 40 GB download on top of usually having to delete games from my hard drive puts players at a tremendous inconvenience, even those who benefit from fast connections and already have them hooked on a ethernet cable. Even those have to endure an hour long patching process (this provided you don't use your console for anything else and do not tax its resources) for what are, most of the time, pretty minor fixes or the insertion of a new BS lootbox. People with less stable connections are bound to be even more penalized by this pretty awful coding.

So yeah, do take a cue from your competitors and do local fixes instead of hitting us with a full new install on every single damn change.

Comments

• I have the same experience as M6KPMHHLR3. I just got a new patch a couple of days ago, and I remember seeing the size was somewhere around 860MB. The OP may need to check your console settings, or something. I never get a Tera patch anywhere near 40GB. 1GB is about typical for me.
  • ExortusExortus Xbox One NA Lakan PVE Server ✭✭
    I have the same experience as M6KPMHHLR3. I just got a new patch a couple of days ago, and I remember seeing the size was somewhere around 860MB. The OP may need to check your console settings, or something. I never get a Tera patch anywhere near 40GB. 1GB is about typical for me.
    M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    Since when do they do this? The last patch was only 1 or 2gb iirc

In fact i dont recall this ever happening.

I think what the OP means is the size of the game, not the size of the update seeing as they're saying they have to reinstall the game after every update.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what console you're on, but I can say that I had this happen once on my PS4 when my Internet connection was being flakey. Later I restarted the console, and it offered a patch of a normal size instead (so I cancelled the 40 GB version). I only had that happen once, but it makes me think there's some sort of weird bug with the patching through Sony/Playstation Store at times. Maybe you're on XB1 and this doesn't apply, though.
  • sounds more like a ps4/xbox bug then a tera bug. I've seen this happen with a few games, normally quitting the update and restarting the system fixes it.