We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

"impossible to correctly start the application <0xc0000005> , press OK to close it"

So...
Where do I start from ?
Two or three weeks ago I took a small hiatus from tera to play Monster Hunter which had just come out , useless to say the game was perfectly working and all....
When I tried to start Tera again a couple of days ago after double clicking on the launcher icon I got this error and I haven't been able to fix it ever since.
Now....I am posting about this here due to the fact that the support section of the site doesn't seem to be working and I can't send in any tickets....did anyone else have this problem now or in the past and knows how to fix it ?
If I try to run Tera as admin the error doesn't seem to occur however the launcher doesn't start anyway.
Ty in advance.

Comments

• KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14
    Restart your computer, run launcher as admin. If tera still won't start, run a repair from the launcher.
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    edited September 14
    Also you can try going to your tera file and use the launcher in there. c:\program or whatever
  • Restart your computer, run launcher as admin. If tera still won't start, run a repair from the launcher.

As I said I can't even start the launcher, the error appears as soon as I double click on Tera's icon....I can't even tell if the issue is related to tera itself for what I know but no other game is presenting any problems.
    KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    Also you can try going to your tera file and use the launcher in there. c:\program or whatever

can not use that launcher either, I already tried. I get the same error.
    I'd rather avoid doing a clean install to solve some random problem that happened with a game that was working perfectly until 2-3 weeks ago but I guess I may try going for it if I find no other solution....it's just going to be annoying cause of Tera's massive weight.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just play a different game. Tera's not worth it.
  • Kinda seems like you need to reinstall. Considering there have been a fair few revamps, including apex, the launcher itself might be incompatible. The only other option I might have in mind is your antivirus or firewall might be blocking your game from connecting (The launcher won't load if it doesn't detect an internet connection). Also sometimes anti-viruses tend to delete obsolete or empty files that you haven't used in a while, it might've targeted some of Tera's files for whatever reason.

If the launcher starts, but Tera doesn't, from my experience with it I have had some times where I press play and Tera just floats in memory, until I have to terminate it with task manager, close the launcher and reopen it until it works. Fyi if you're running Tera through steam, it might be because you need to update your account details and its repeatedly failing to log you in?

Just throwing ideas at this point. Hope it helps ^^
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14
    By the way, the ticket submission problem should be fixed now. (It was a server problem.)

My guess about the problem in the OP is either a) the launcher or one of its key files corrupted itself, or b) some security software is blocking one of the key dlls from working. Probably a reinstall of the launcher (without the full game) would fix it.
  • By the way, the ticket submission problem should be fixed now. (It was a server problem.)

My guess about the problem in the OP is either a) the launcher or one of its key files corrupted itself, or b) some security software is blocking one of the key dlls from working. Probably a reinstall of the launcher (without the full game) would fix it.

still cant submit a ticket areas that will let you type one out are
    Ticket queue can't be blank
    GameTERA
    Issue Type:Change Issue Type
    and that's when you get that far as ive come across the "submit a ticket" button to be blank not letting you type out a ticket
    and that's even just now
    edited September 15
    tisnotme wrote: »
    By the way, the ticket submission problem should be fixed now. (It was a server problem.)

still cant submit a ticket areas that will let you type one out are
    Ticket queue can't be blank
    GameTERA
    Issue Type:Change Issue Type
    and that's when you get that far as ive come across the "submit a ticket" button to be blank not letting you type out a ticket
    and that's even just now

You're right -- they fixed the first bug, and now there's a second one. :/

Edit: If you're really desperate to send a ticket at the moment, just choose one of the console categories, as they seem to be okay, and then just say in the message that it's really for PC but the PC section is broken. Hopefully they can reroute the ticket internally and it will work. It looks like it's just the TERA PC queue that is broken for some reason.

Edit 2: It looks like a lot of the other categories for TERA PC are working too, but the merger-related one in particular is broken.
  • Oh, I misread the post intially - I'd suggest trying "sfc /scannow" in cmd prompt for this error, which is usually caused by a corrupted dll not letting windows assign ram to that application properly
    Update: They fixed the second issue with tickets now, and I confirmed I could submit a ticket in the merge category and most of the others I tried. So anyway, *now* hopefully it works...

If you run into any combinations that give an error, feel free to let me know and I'll pass it along.
  • By the way, the ticket submission problem should be fixed now. (It was a server problem.)

Think it's some security issue...maybe tied to the fact they bound xigncode to the .exe now.
    Infact...I even tried moving my game to another hard disc and redownloading it on the one I'm using over night and I am still getting said problem with the new client. I guess I'll have to mess with the firewall / AV / Defender....even though none of them warned me about any programs getting blocked.
    I'll try submitting a ticket while I mess with it anyway, just to be sure. Really weird anyhow...