We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Server Merge Update - Naming Clarification [Update Sept. 18 - 5:30 PM]

[Update Sept. 18 5:30 PM PDT
Hi everyone,

We have been inconsistent with our messaging around naming conventions for your characters during this server merge. I'm really sorry about that. I attempted to give you all as much lead-time as possible to prepare for this merge and keep your character names, but some late changes to the merge threw us all a curveball. The flowchart below should clear up how we're handling name disputes.

If this new information--specifically the 30-day login window--affects you and has your name has been wrongfully in the hands of another player - please submit a support ticket and the CS team here will open up an investigation. This should ONLY affect you if you did not log in with a particular character within 30 days of the merge AND if your name is not unique across all servers. Once again, I am sorry for the late change to this process and thank you for your feedback.

Please note the following, we'll honor this investigation starting up until October 1st, 2018. Please know that our team will have a high work load to make sure everyone is taken care of post merge, so please be patient.]

We have gotten enough questions about character renames and the server merge that we felt a clarification of the process might be helpful.

The process is automated, and basically works like a flowchart:

10c1db752faec69d9504d004f2ba21c460aea79b.png

We feel that overall play time is the fairest way to determine who gets to keep any given character name. After all, if you’ve put in a lot of work on your character “Fluffy.Bunny,” and someone else created their own “Fluffy.Bunny”—maybe in an attempt to “camp” the name—it wouldn’t be fair to you to give that player the name just because they logged in more recently.
This discussion has been closed.