[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Post Merge Known Issues [Update Sept. 25 7:15 PM PDT]

Comments

• TJKat wrote: »
    So, when you buy elite, you want them to give you enough free EMP with it... to buy elite? Even enough to get you half way to buying elite is a silly idea. 15 EMP per day is fine. It allows you to buy yourself a little something nice every now and then.

Companies have used this tactic before...give you back what you paid but spread out. In a way, it would keep customers returning again and again. It would keep elite players to keep logging in. Because in order for tera to make money, there needs to be good population in servers. Then they would be able to sell more items
  • Not entirely game breaking but the buffs do not show up when hovering over player icons during a party ( i believe that it is called effect icons ).
  • .-. here again with some report... a berserk friend who had started apex missions pre-merge is missing the tp to the dragon shrine at fyrmount. Quest can't be abandoned, reset or taken from any npc he's talked to.
  • The Bravery Potion you receive from completing the flight mission's vanguard daily is gone.
  • edited September 2018
    So, been away on travel since the server merge (transferred all characters from PVP65 to PVE). All of the following I point out should have been resolved, but, here we are 5 days after the merge, and according to my reading, the following issues still exist (and indeed, are still the same initial issues - WTF EME / BHS):
    1. Glyph points are reset
    2. Available glyph points are 55 instead of 60
    3. Laurels are reset, but achievement and points are correct (are we actually going to get our laurels back?)
    4. Apex titles transferred fine, as did corresponding skills
    5. Banks were a nightmare (yes, I made sure my banks on the servers being merged were manually organized - spent 4+ hours on this s**** post merge)
    6. Apex eligible indications on character selection screen still show; Apex properly applied for those characters that have completed
    7. God only knows what else I am missing (and everyone else)

EME / BHS - Is this really so damned difficult? It is a standard ETL (Extract - Transform - Load).

• edited September 2018
    Banks were a nightmare (yes, I made sure my banks on the servers being merged were manually organized - spent 4+ hours on this s**** post merge)

FWIW, this one is a "Will Not Fix" (or arguably "not a bug"). It's as intended because of how the merge script works (it does not consider the sort order) and there is no possible way to fix it at this point -- they don't know the original sort order. (Besides, at this point, plenty of people have already re-sorted manually.)

The other issues you mentioned are mostly apex and laurel related, and EME mentioned they've been sent to BHS for a resolution. Hopefully BHS provides a solution soon.
  • CU has started at 3:00PM EST and not 9:00PM EST. h-hewwo? e-enmassu?
    clearly nobody knew about this?
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Firian wrote: »
    .-. here again with some report... a berserk friend who had started apex missions pre-merge is missing the tp to the dragon shrine at fyrmount. Quest can't be abandoned, reset or taken from any npc he's talked to.

Helpful hint--have your friend go to Castanica, fly or use teleportal to northernmost outpost, then fly east. That portal actually exists in the main game, not a separate instance like the stuff near Elenea.
  • Ellexem wrote: »
    Had overcapped item xp on my circlet. When I upgraded it to Entropy my item xp went to 0.

This is on purpose. If you look at your Upgrade dialog window with an item, you'll notice that it says, "Upgrading will reset the Item XP."

oh. thats dumb. thanks tho.
  • Catservant wrote: »
    Firian wrote: »
    .-. here again with some report... a berserk friend who had started apex missions pre-merge is missing the tp to the dragon shrine at fyrmount. Quest can't be abandoned, reset or taken from any npc he's talked to.

Helpful hint--have your friend go to Castanica, fly or use teleportal to northernmost outpost, then fly east. That portal actually exists in the main game, not a separate instance like the stuff near Elenea.

I know, I went there with him just to make sure he was at the spot where I remembered it being from going through it with my mystic, but he insists that there is no portal anywhere in that area close to the dragons. I saw him run around everywhere around and he just ended up frustrated. Went back to Velika, Elenea, he tried every sopt and npc he remembered from clearing the others and there was no fix for it.
    Playing as a sorc I could not see the portal either, but I assumed that that was just bc of my class not having apex yet. If it were to be visible for all classes regardless of having apex ot nor, then no, it wasn't there.
  • Dunno if alredy some one post it but im in a hurry so ill type it i was doing KC yestrrday and i dint get my vanguard reward it shows on my quest stracker that i hav prise to take but when i press it i got empty bar of ma wanguards quest i only see the story line ones and even not the one from other dungs i cant get ma reward becouse of it and dunno if i will be able to get any other dung donn and get they rewards since they dont show up;/ Do any one of ya got same problem if yes did u solv ot and how if u did. [img][/img]2_zpsaat6d32y.png
  • Banks were a nightmare (yes, I made sure my banks on the servers being merged were manually organized - spent 4+ hours on this s**** post merge)

FWIW, this one is a "Will Not Fix" (or arguably "not a bug"). It's as intended because of how the merge script works (it does not consider the sort order) and there is no possible way to fix it at this point -- they don't know the original sort order. (Besides, at this point, plenty of people have already re-sorted manually.)

The other issues you mentioned are mostly apex and laurel related, and EME mentioned they've been sent to BHS for a resolution. Hopefully BHS provides a solution soon.

All we can do is wait on BHS.
  • Hi @KitTeaCup

There is currently a big issue happening that is game breaking.
    Characters that transferred server and race changed afterwards are losing their awakening skills, having them all reset back.

Sequence of events:
    1. Server Transfer with an APEX class
    2. Loses 5 awakened glyph points due to character metadata on APEX flag being reset back to null. (At this point, EME will mail you the extra glyph point item, which does not solve the issue. Your character metadata will still show apex available)
    3. Race change afterwards. At this point in time, because of race change, it re-reads your entire character metadata and revises skillsets, and recognizes you are apex eligible, therefore giving you all the un-awakened skills. The issue comes here, we are not able to complete APEX quest again because in the quest log, we completed it. This leaves us with 0/60 glyph points with no awakening skills.

A couple of people and myself have emailed EME support on this issue, but the response given back was the same. "There are no fix to this issue, please come back later."

Please help, typing it in so everyone knows of this issue.