[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

All IOD channels full

24

Comments

  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    > @vkobe said:
    > Gatokatzen wrote: »
    >
    > Kaitor is so dead that you need to go and fill channel 1 level 69 bams xd. 7 of the rest channels are alone
    >
    > Seems lke fey forest poulation was 0%
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > so pvp server is a fail ?

    Nope is just that feyforest population was low
    Pvp server is love and fun
  • vkobe wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Kaitor is so dead that you need to go and fill channel 1 level 69 bams xd. 7 of the rest channels are alone

    Seems lke fey forest poulation was 0%

    so pvp server is a fail ?

    i hope they dont merge em with us xddd
    so far im not complaining about the population, it would be nice to have more channels but idk if they are going to do it
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    AmakusaKun wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Kaitor is so dead that you need to go and fill channel 1 level 69 bams xd. 7 of the rest channels are alone

    Seems lke fey forest poulation was 0%

    so pvp server is a fail ?

    i hope they dont merge em with us xddd
    so far im not complaining about the population, it would be nice to have more channels but idk if they are going to do it

    they will do it in one year to one year half, we only buy time
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnviroBear wrote: »
    Just pick a channel and go in for the kills. If you kill it faster the credit is yours.... No such thing as "occupied" for any farming space and the BAMs are free for all so just help yourself.

    Actually, that's incorrect. The kill goes to whoever hits it first, not who kills it faster. So that player in Guardian gear struggling against the basilisk you just one-shotted? You actually did them a favor.
    EnviroBear wrote: »
    Hate me because I can farm golden talents a lot faster every day? Sure. Or you could stop hating and start thinking how to kill BAMs faster or potentially compete farming space with others. Try slaying for example.

    Also, competing for a chance to, you know, play the game? I just want to be able to get to the same point you're at and you want to fight me for it? You're already at that point; why try to deny me the chance to do the same when you literally have nothing to gain from it? Is that how you get your kicks or something?
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    Actually, that's incorrect. The kill goes to whoever hits it first, not who kills it faster. So that player in Guardian gear struggling against the basilisk you just one-shotted? You actually did them a favor.

    Assuming the system is the same as it has been for a while now... it's whoever hits it first and does most of the damage (50% maybe). If someone taps it to 99% then someone oneshots it to 0%, nobody gets credit.

    Remember Kugai on the old Isle of Dawn, right after they let out a new class (Gunner I think)? A cloud of like 20 people all trying to kill the same quest mob, and nobody getting credit. Because the person who tapped it first likely would not do enough damage to get credit for the kill as well.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    pltnmvenus wrote: »
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Actually, that's incorrect. The kill goes to whoever hits it first, not who kills it faster. So that player in Guardian gear struggling against the basilisk you just one-shotted? You actually did them a favor.

    Assuming the system is the same as it has been for a while now... it's whoever hits it first and does most of the damage (50% maybe). If someone taps it to 99% then someone oneshots it to 0%, nobody gets credit.

    Remember Kugai on the old Isle of Dawn, right after they let out a new class (Gunner I think)? A cloud of like 20 people all trying to kill the same quest mob, and nobody getting credit. Because the person who tapped it first likely would not do enough damage to get credit for the kill as well.

    well gm coming and ask us to queue to kill him, so it is what we did and after that is

    reaper release was worse than gunner release :)
  • OR... and I'm just throwing this out there.... full credit for group BAMs? Everybody gets credit for doing even 0.1% damage? Personally, one of my biggest issues with this game is transparency. I don't know the exact statistics on things, a good example being what % of damage you have to do in order to get credit for a BAM kill. Heck, for a while, I had no idea which ability tanks had to force enrage. So let's make it more transparent, and let's get rid of mob "tags". You see it, you touch it, you get credit... all IoD problems solved.


    They already nerfed 412 and 431 dungeons to a point where as a SC player there is literally no advantage at all in entering them anymore, at least before they were helping others while helping themselves. How about let's not get them to nerf actual solo content, I'd also see a lot of SC players protesting in the action of continuously spamming low-tier BAMs so you come here and complain that they can just kill them all day and not let you have one. At least right now, they only have 16 Vanguards before they quit...
  • edited September 2018
    Aryd wrote: »
    So let's make it more transparent, and let's get rid of mob "tags". You see it, you touch it, you get credit... all IoD problems solved.

    The vanguard rewards for BAMs are too high to allow them to be slaughtered by raids (whether in a party or not) for shared full credit. If they want it to remain solo content, they have to find one way or another to make sure only one person gets the credit for a kill (or to make it so that parties require the same number kills per participant). If they want to make an alternate version/area for groups (where the difficulty and rewards are properly proportioned), I'm all for that as an option too.

    But anyway, I don't think BHS will change the way this works just because our servers are busy. They would probably also say to just increase the amount of channels, or the threshold for channel auto-creation.
  • The vanguard rewards for BAMs are too high to allow them to be slaughtered by raids (whether in a party or not) for shared full credit.

    They would probably also say to just increase the amount of channels, or the threshold for channel auto-creation.

    Uhhh, no, they're not? 16 Vanguards as a daily cap means there is always a limit on the amount of rewards. We're arguing time at this point. (16 x 7 GTs for lowest-tier BAMs = 112 GTs per char. <- This value will not change regardless of what else is going on, outside double Vanguards, but the it's still limited to 224 GTs.)

    Adding shared party credit, tanks and healers could group with DPS to actually get this done quickly, but that actually stops you from say, earning item exp via dungeons. It would seem to fix every single issue with IoD. The framework for limiting the rewards already exists, now it's simply going and doing it. Giving shared credit removes the kill credit and the "you stole my BAM" and the over crowded channels. Seems like a quad win to me, but hey, I don't know anything.


    When you factor in that every other MMO has some form of shared credit for killing mobs, this isn't a huge leap in the system.
  • Aryd wrote: »
    The vanguard rewards for BAMs are too high to allow them to be slaughtered by raids (whether in a party or not) for shared full credit.

    They would probably also say to just increase the amount of channels, or the threshold for channel auto-creation.

    Uhhh, no, they're not? 16 Vanguards as a daily cap means there is always a limit on the amount of rewards. We're arguing time at this point.

    Yeah, we're arguing time because of alts. Otherwise, an account with 20 characters and who parties is at a huge advantage compared to an account with a single character. While I'm sure EME/BHS wouldn't mind driving people to buy more character slots, etc., it shouldn't be that much more time-efficient to get rewards.
  • Yeah, we're arguing time because of alts. Otherwise, an account with 20 characters and who parties is at a huge advantage compared to an account with a single character. While I'm sure EME/BHS wouldn't mind driving people to buy more character slots, etc., it shouldn't be that much more time-efficient to get rewards.

    EME/BHS just gave out 8 free character slots. Your argument is invalid, just because player A plays more than a single character, does not mean that Player B is at any more of a disadvantage for playing a single character than they already would be. It is simply a matter of time vs. effort.

    If you really wanted to, right now, you could go and farm IoD BAMs on 20 chars 16 times and collect Vanguard rewards for each of them. Now, time invested is basically nothing, I can do 3-4 chars in less than an hour, as I do on double Vanguard weeks. Now each of those chars is capped on Vanguards for the day, and they really can't progress any further. If you were to do the same thing, at the same speed, with a single character, you'd be done your daily cap in about 15-20 minutes. The issue is the crowded areas now. People are fighting for spawns, (I will note here that I'm not experiencing any sort of delay in my farming routines, for me it's just a matter of if I'm doing it or not.) people are tag stealing, (a fundamental flaw with the system that can lead to a boatload of in-game trolling) people are having issues with higher tier'd players killing "their BAMs". Your argument that the rewards are too great is flawed from the get go, the rewards don't change, the time invested changes. Instead of somebody in Guardian spending 2 hours finishing 16 VGs on IoD BAMs, because Guardian is bad, people are trolls, and they can't kill the BAMs fast enough, they could be done in less than an hour, by grouping with friends/guildmates.

    16 Vanguards is 16 Vanguards, there is no point to killing BAMs after the 16 VGs. Having an alt just means currently, that you can continue to spam BAMs while another person is trying to kill the same BAMs for their first 16 VGs. Instead, I'd offer that you could group up, both be done, and move on with your lives.... Having alts or multiple characters is already an advantage, arguing that as a reason to not implement something is just hearsay.
  • Aryd wrote: »
    It is simply a matter of time vs. effort. [...] Having alts or multiple characters is already an advantage, arguing that as a reason to not implement something is just hearsay.

    It's not "hearsay." It's a matter of mitigating the degree of time advantage raids would have in clearing this ostensibly-solo content. Allowing it to be steamrolled by raids is not a good solution to a "the channels are full" problem, especially when the infinitely easier solution is just "create more channels" as was requested in the first place. The latter solution also has the benefit of being something EME can do with the tools they have, rather than requiring BHS to program a change (which is very unlikely to happen).
  • What about new players? A new player cannot kill a BAM faster than someone in SC and won't stand a chance against someone in HO. Does EME expect them to farm against Elite players? As someone who has been playing for three months whose main is a lancer, I cannot kill faster than a dps. I have to farm extremely late in the night. Only for all my farming to yield no rewards due to fails. Honestly, there is nothing left keeping me in this game. What is the point of farming for days straight for a single chance to fail? Due to low ilvl, I can't get into new dungeons. What is there to do?
  • Aryd wrote: »
    It is simply a matter of time vs. effort. [...] Having alts or multiple characters is already an advantage, arguing that as a reason to not implement something is just hearsay.

    It's not "hearsay." It's a matter of mitigating the degree of time advantage raids would have in clearing this ostensibly-solo content. The latter solution also has the benefit of being something EME can do with the tools they have, rather than requiring BHS to program a change (which is very unlikely to happen).

    It is hearsay. You are the only one continuing to use the word "raid". Last I checked a party isn't a raid, and the game already knows the difference. Your argument is/was that people with alts would be at an advantage if things moved faster. Which isn't the case regardless of how you look at it, as they already have an advantage, the exact same advantage to be precise, as that same advantage grows as the time and effort does. "Add more channels" is a band-aid, one that simply doesn't fix the issue. "Channels are full" well, they aren't... go to IoD now, channel 5, let's say? There are likely 3-6 people farming BAMs. For solo content, this is actually quite a few, since the BAM tags work the way they do. People are trolling each other. It's likely due to the event, but let's say this is a regular thing. All of this pressure can be alleviated by simply introducing the party tag. People might actually WANT to do IoD BAMs on some of their lesser geared alts due to being able to party with others who can farm faster.


    If you truly believe that 112 GTs daily, while simultaneously stunting your characters growth, is a HUGE advantage, you honestly need to rethink your whole gameplay strategy. It's much better to farm 431's for GTs/STs and enchanting mats for metas. They already got nerfed, but they are still the best way to get your stuff. 412's are no longer GT/ST/Gold/iExp/Time efficient. 431's aren't much better, but it's the last tier of STs.
Sign In or Register to comment.