[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• Bimber wrote: »
    “We love you TERA players and we understand that you’re upset about this.”

To be brutally honest, no. no you guys don’t. We have been voicing our thoughts for over two years now and still no change. You’ll continue to do what you’re doing until the game is dead. You brought this on yourselves, you dug your grave and now you must lay in it. If you want your game to change, listen to the community. It’s something you have failed to do countless times.
    You want to know why people use proxy? It’s because without it, your game is UNPLAYABLE. Everyone is leaving, and the few people you have will get fed up with it sooner or later. Literally, read through EVERY comment people are posting on this forum. You might actually learn something and make a comeback.

actually the game was entirely more alive back when proxy didnt exist, wonder how that works?
  • if they take out the proxy and do not fix it, uninstalled.
    best mmo.
    rip tera 2011 - 2018
  • Fezoh wrote: »
    Bimber wrote: »
    “We love you TERA players and we understand that you’re upset about this.”

To be brutally honest, no. no you guys don’t. We have been voicing our thoughts for over two years now and still no change. You’ll continue to do what you’re doing until the game is dead. You brought this on yourselves, you dug your grave and now you must lay in it. If you want your game to change, listen to the community. It’s something you have failed to do countless times.
    You want to know why people use proxy? It’s because without it, your game is UNPLAYABLE. Everyone is leaving, and the few people you have will get fed up with it sooner or later. Literally, read through EVERY comment people are posting on this forum. You might actually learn something and make a comeback.

actually the game was entirely more alive back when proxy didnt exist, wonder how that works?

It's pretty simple actually. Back then the servers weren't as complete trash as they are now. The EME staff weren't as completely brain dead. Also back then the game was a lot more fun than the extreme grindfest it is now, hence more people stayed interested and played. I remember working on my Generation set and actually having fun with it. But now it's like you grind for ages at only a slight chance of upgrading your gear. You know what happens when a game turns into a super repetitive boring grindfest? People leave. Even without proxy or dps meter, the game was going to keep losing numbers.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Fezoh wrote: »
    ur dumb, west coast actually gets worse ping than east coast does bc chicago is closer to east LMAO, chicago is a center of population meaning anywhere in the us should get at maximum, lower than 80. am i gonna cry like a baby and fill my diaper up because i cant get good to ping to br servers in cs? hell no, i'm going to play on NA servers. hell, some servers have a LIMIT to what ping you have before you can join. tera players are just entitled as [filtered] and think this is something common when its really not, and in every other game if you have high ping, thats that, and its ur fault for not playing on the local server. and no local servers near where you live? tough [filtered]
    Hey smarty, can you tell me WHERE they host a south american Tera server so BRs can play??
    Do you know that there's NO local server for a LOT, and i mean, a LOT, of Tera's playerbase???

And can you explain why:
    *There's no IP block on NA Tera;
    *Your publisher especially made a payment method just to sell EMP for BRs?

They even made a partnership with one local BR provider just to sell more EMP and advertise the game for BRs hahaha!
    Look: https://joguetera.uol.com.br/

So, you NA publisher want MONEY from foreign players but they don't give a #[email protected]! about their gaming experience??
    If you don't want to support anything outside NA then just ask them to do like the majority of MMOs and put an IP block in the game and NEVER EVER ask money or advertise your service for oversea players and ofc, enjoy your 500 players!

• This would've been my sixth year playing tera, except all my friends and guildmates have already quit before the merge because of the sh*t direction and monotony the game had become. It finally wore them down enough that even playing becomes a chore despite hanging out with eachother...

I thought maybe after the merge I might have a chance to play again and meet new people...but this seals it for me, soon this game will look like Flyff.
    At least I had many good experiences and made friends while it was around.
    gg

I would offer the same advice everyone has already been shouting for years and even in some of these posts... but I know what happens to these threads.
  • rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    if you think they ever gonna care or change you are a fool we lost the people that cared long ago is the EA era where money cares they can shut this if they want it wont damage blue hole they have pubg, air and alot of other games best choice is to move to something else.
  • 73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    @Victorpresti I do not know many underground proxy places but I know proxy dev names. most of these came from a maker called bernkastel and he talk about ruining tera and making people quit all the time. that is not underground or hidden, as outsdier I see him as someone that provide these script to the community and tempting the greedy and troll side of people.

I mean you just said yourself you know very little. Kinda pointless. Bern is mostly working on his own Skill Prediction modules and that's it.
  • By the time you are done reading this comment an archer has just finished his second tick of rapid fire. He started the first when this thread began. Rapid fire has 7 hits.
  • ShadowOfLightShadowOfLight ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Double post due to server lag.
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Please be patient with us while we see what we can come up with.

Just keep in mind that one of your close competitors just released an official server on SA while you guys decided to start your crusade against one of the best tools ever developed for Tera to mitigate latency issues.

Like it or not, it made your game playable for most high latency players from other countries.

From a business standpoint it's understandable not want to be held hostage of 3rd party tool devs, but without any solution to replace their proxy you're undermining yourselves.

You gonna lose alot of SA players for good.
  • XdPBvOW.png

No more brs and no more cheaters in my game? Sounds like a win-win situation for me ;)

Ok. This picture made me laugh.. a lot. Only because I can relate to it. I joined Tera shortly after it went free to play and honestly.. I loved it back then. Castanic Femme for life! Stopped playing Tera for a year or two, went back to FF XIV when ARR came out. Got as far as MSQ allowed and came back to Tera till they added more content to XIV. Started playing Tera again a few ago and yea.. saw that Picture live on my screen. Nothing personal against you BR people! But you gotta admit, this picture is kinda funny. In XIV it would have been all the Gil sellers spamming you.

Anywho, I've not posted anything in a very long time, but when I had I tried to support EME from everyone trash talking them. Look, EME brought us Tera. Some of the worst things in the game came from the players using hacks and the endless hate and trash talking. I agree that "things" could have been handled a bit better with the current situation and state of the game by EME. Maybe the "bean counters" were against spending a lot of money on the Devs to create a better method thus forcing them to find a "cheaper" way. Someone said in another post that "EME wouldn't do it so the community did." This game is "OLD" and possibly doesn't generate the cash flow like it use to or like other games they currently have out. If that is the case then they would be less likely to spend money on "better" fixes and support for it.

That being said, EME.. can't you take what the community has created and use it so it's NOT a "3rd Party" classification? or at least accept the usage of a select type? There's nothing more beneficial to the community than when a game developer that encourages the community to build things that "Add to the game". Wouldn't that also make more people want to play?

About Proxy... I agree to the benefits and know exploits it has.. I don't use it.. never had the need to. I'm a slacker.. I only speak, read and type English so never had the need to be on a different country's server.. However, seems like there is a lot of you that do. So.. EME, can you not adapt one of those methods to the game that you'd maintain control over?

Or... do you get some kind of a morbid, sadistic enjoyment out of watching all these people attack each other on the forums? I know I do.. it's funny to see how far it can go sometimes over stupid things. Last time I said anything on the forums it was when the game started having some serious connection issues.. someone said you all forgot to feed the hamsters. I'm guessing the high ping is because you all had to lay-off some of them now? I can run to the pet store and buy you some, the area I live in Florida is non-union so these hamsters here would honestly work for peanuts.

• Hello KT CU today had over 500 player so please check it out. do not listen to posts here saying tera has less than 100 people that is not accurate . tons of pvp action and player fighting today.bg pop since very morning frequent. pretty good and not near as bad as i thought
  • In order to stop this Drama and Bad Community. Just accepting the proxy back,but only Skill Prediction mod that make everyone have Low Ping in order for them to be able to play 446 dungeon and up also accept FPS mod where it improve everyone Fps when its crowd. Other than this mod should be not allow to use because it ruin the game.And Proxy for Low ping Mod need to fix as well,because they always go through Crossair Stronghold.,or we can just keep banning them for keep doing this cheat behavior. Im agree for everyone to get ban for something that they cheat,but Low Ping is a must for Non-NA players,Half of this Game players is from Non.NA. Imagine you have 250ms and play dungeon,yes we are doing really Bad Dps,and cant even clear the dungeon.Its not fun Game at all at that point.Oh yeah accept Shinra Meter Back,because that help everyone to be competetive in term of running Dungeon basically good motivation for PVE players,i mean in Korean Server bunch of them stream this stuff,and its approved,so why not here.So In order to stop all this Drama. Proxy that only consist low ping Mod,FPS improve Mod and also Dps Meter for them to know what they do wrong in PvE,it help newbie learning how to get better,If new dungeon realease,without this,i think everyone will start quiting at the end,due to.There have no way for them to know if they are doing good at their DPS,and there have no way for them to run hard dungeon. How about you guys work with those proxy creator and improve the low ping weaknesses. Im just giving my suggestion in order to improve TERA system,Community,and motivation for them to keep playing TERA. Sorry if im being agressive,i hope that i dont lose more of my guildies and friend that start going to EU since this Drama happen.Im losing like half of my member for this,due to most of us are like 280ms just trying to play PVE End Content.It was so enjoyable,until this happen.
  • R9Vgttz.png

Oh my a bomb exploded