[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• BluehydraBluehydra ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    > @MatrixOfLeaders said:
    > > @Bluehydra said:
    > > ...> @MatrixOfLeaders said:
    > > > So much rant.
    > > >
    > > > When you installed Tera on your PC, did you read in the TOS "no proxy"?
    > > >
    > > > OK THEN!
    > > >
    > > > YOU KNEW IT WAS AGAINST THE TOS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
    > > >
    > > > Quit complaining about it!! Proxy users had advantages over normal players.
    > > >
    > > > There is no sympathy for proxy users here because you darn well knew it was against the TOS when you installed TERA...
    > >
    > > Firstly, i get what you mean, but the ToS is not something that fell from the sky. It's something that was made and can be changed by the company who established it.
    > > People are requesting this change because the 3rd party software fixes tons of issues tera has has for a LONG time and has never fixed, plus it makes the game playable for people with high ping.
    > > Most of the people using it were doing it for ping reasons and to be able to get rid of Xingcode.
    > > I get that you may see these people as cheaters but they were just trying to play the game and not exploiting it, no matter how hard you quote the ToS.
    > >
    > > You say proxy players had such a huge advantage over normal players, but id like you to compare the gap between people with high ping and normal players, it's definitely wider. And people from other places than Chicago want to play.
    > > If eme had never had people outside of the US central area as a target, then it would have never come up.
    > > But they did specifically go after Latin players, a simple proof of this is they introduced local emp buying methods.
    > > If you're offering your product but can't offer it with the quality it should have, then you're just being dishonest with your commercial practice.
    > > Your lack of sympathy is misplaced, you see everyone as a cheater because they did what they could to make the game playable.
    > > For example ini file modifications are technically against the ToS as well, but most of the player base has them because it drastically improves performance, and no one sees it as a "bad" thing. People who use in modifications will definitely have an advantage over people playing at 12 fps, but it's not an exploit to try to get the game to work properly, and if tera had these as default, it wouldn't even be needed.
    > >
    > > EME is free to adjust their ToS if it were to give a better experience to it's players. But so far they have been unwilling to do anything to help.
    >
    > -I never said proxy users had a "huge" advantage... You might want to re-read my post.
    >
    > Did I say everybody is a "cheater?" NO. Re-read my post again bro.
    >
    >
    > The TOS states "NO PROXY".
    >
    > When you play Tera with a proxy, YOU KNOW it is against the TOS!!!!
    >
    > Accept it or find another game.

You said "Proxy users had advantages over normal players" my point was that if it's that noticable, you should check the advantage normal players have compared to high ping players instead because it's much bigger.

And I didn't deny that it is against the ToS what I'm saying is that EME needs to either reevaluate their ToS or provide solutions, because their game isn't working correctly for their audience, which includes people outside of Chicago.

And yes, you did not mention the word cheater, but I was referring to the fact that you are using the ToS as if it was the only thing that mattered. I could have used the word "bad" "evil" or "ilegal" it doesn't change what I meant.

Now, on your "look for another game thing"...
    You should read my post again, the game doesn't work properly, it's their responsibility to fix that.
    The reason all of these 3rd party software appeared is because they neglected the state of the game for years.
    It's their job to assure the quality and playability of the game to their clients, and Latin people with high ping are clients too. If not they wouldn't have added local emp buying methods.
    Most people want a solution, not just a proxy.
    If they had solved the issues themselves there would have never been a proxy to begin with.

Maybe realize that telling the people who have no other way to play end game content properly to "go play another game" instead of expecting the companies who develop and publish it to make sure the game is playable is kinda silly.

Im not angry at you or anything of the sort, but this IS a feedback post and Tera has a LOT that needs to be fixed.

Telling people to "go play other games",when they're clearly part of the intended target of the game and an active part of the community, will get us nowhere.
  • The Latino community, including the people of Central and South America (including me) are deeply saddened by this news. For us, playing with people with the best ping became impossible now. Enmasse forced us to reduce our performance in Dungeons Hard ... A pity, but I will NOT play more if my chances are very limited.

We know that the game does not consider us clients and perhaps that is why they do not care, but the union is strength and this decision will affect you sooner or later.

Thx Enmasse. See you, ups, I mean, we will not see each other anymore ;)
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    We love you TERA players

Not for nothing, but you shouldn't really say that when this game is at its dying peak. It's very unprofessional seeing that word used so freely when a majority of the playerbase don't see it that way.

I just had to get that out of my system. I guess everything else you said sounds good from a business or corporation perspective, but that "love" part doesn't belong there. It just adds unnecessary fuel to the fire among the players who will lash at you and make memes out of it.

Hopefully that'll help you next time on another sticky post of continued bad news this game is planning to bring to whoever is left here. Just be strict and get to the point. Don't add personal feelings in there cause that never works on the internet with a bad reputation game. Now if the game is striving, adding personal touch is something I would enjoy seeing, but now's not the time for that.
  • Thanks for destroying my game experience once and for all. Smashing the buttons to make sure my abilities actually go off feels good. Having to run on 0 on a really good computer is also nice. I would have kept my old piece of crap computer if I wanted all of this ^
  • Faulty Optimization.
    Xingcode
    Badly done update patch notes.
    Lag issues.
    No DPS meter.
    Lack of knowledge on the game.

List goes on.
    EME, you cant fault us for these issues. Is on you and the developer you represent.
    Yes, community is somewhat toxic and entitled. Welcome to the Internet. You cant let that stops you from doing a good job, because IT IS your job.
    You need to change, you need to take action, you need to communicate, you need to be on top of the issues. You need to be proactive and sincere with the player base. Because it is the player base time and money you want.

Will you do something about it? History says you wont. But you are asking for constructive criticism, here you go.
  • Why even bother to argue with trolls and white knights?

Now they can enjoy proxy and dps meter free game. Sadly it is also player free, but at this point nothing can be done anyway
  • This action will affect you EME as a publisher , thought this was for Tera other games publish by EME is at a risk ,the player base will think twice to try out a game publish by EME. I would ,spent time,effort and money on this game and a publisher who don't give damn about the community is teh one as player always run from. One of the worst move you have made.
  • kubitoid wrote: »
    monday morning

more like waiting for the ban hammer to fall lol.
    I love queen btw
  • BlueKoRBlueKoR ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    You did this to yourselves Tera community, Not BHS, Not Enmasse, You the community did this to yourselves. Once upon a time a long,long time ago. This game was untainted. it started out fine in the beginning with a pay to play model which eventually became free to play. the only problem people had to worry about was macros. macros which slowly started to make their way into the game amonge the high ranked players. who began delving into the game trying to figure out ways to cheat it and exploit it how to cheat dungeon runs how to cheat team skying by getting it so the matching would would only be against certain teams who would get paid to draw/ forfeit it to get high ranks allowing people to get Night forge during the strike force patch paying others to get carried and get ranked for best armor and so on. not everyone did this but a handful of people did and slowly the game became less pure. only a extremely small and very small amount of people knew about this and did nothing or if they did enmasse probably didn't care enough do anything or had a few corrupt gms get paid off and things continued as normal! in the rifts edge patch 3rd party programmers became more apparent!

slowly but certain the use of proxies made its way into the game starting slowly from those who wanted to help people with bad ping to do a service for the community only then for it to then become corrupted by greed and slowly but surely those who wanted advantages over others through means of cheating began to do so. on a very very small scale which gradually got bigger as time went on soon evolving to the point where almost everyone now plays using proxy.. the road to hell was paved with good intention it was good intention that made started the first scripts for injectors but bad morals and corrupt human greed that changed it for the malevolent. because of those "3rd party programmers." with good intentions. we ended up having meme slash infect the game for a few months on end. because of the "good intentions." of third party programmers. we ended up having people with 22 ping abusing injector to cheat and break the game.

Those who say they needed proxy to play Tera? you could of quit you could of continued to play the game as it was and not tainted yourselves to use proxy and kept the game more pure that way. instead because of your selfishness you chose to ruin the game slowly with your kind infecting it like a disease and spreading it. because of you the game turned into this. you have only yourselves to blame. It's Enmasses fault for their servers being [filtered]. but it is your fault for deciding to use proxy and encourage the third party users to show up here to create and encourage more mods like this.
  • BlueKoR wrote: »
    You did this to yourselves Tera community, Not BHS, Not Enmasse, You the community did this to yourselves. Once upon a time a long,long time ago. This game was untainted. it started out fine in the beginning with a pay to play model which eventually became free to play. the only problem people had to worry about was macros. macros which slowly started to make their way into the game amonge the high ranked players. who began delving into the game trying to figure out ways to cheat it and exploit it how to cheat dungeon runs how to cheat team skying by getting it so the matching would would only be against certain teams who would get paid to draw/ forfeit it to get high ranks allowing people to get Night forge during the strike force patch paying others to get carried and get ranked for best armor and so on. not everyone did this but a handful of people did and slowly the game became less pure. only a extremely small and very small amount of people knew about this and did nothing or if they did enmasse probably didn't care enough do anything or had a few corrupt gms get paid off and things continued as normal! in the rifts edge patch 3rd party programmers became more apparent!

slowly but certain the use of proxies made its way into the game starting slowly from those who wanted to help people with bad ping to do a service for the community only then for it to then become corrupted by greed and slowly but surely those who wanted advantages over others through means of cheating began to do so. on a very very small scale which gradually got bigger as time went on soon evolving to the point where almost everyone now plays using proxy.. the road to hell was paved with good intention it was good intention that made started the first scripts for injectors but bad morals and corrupt human greed that changed it for the malevolent. because of those "3rd party programmers." with good intentions. we ended up having meme slash infect the game for a few months on end. because of the "good intentions." of third party programmers. we ended up having people with 22 ping abusing injector to cheat and break the game.

Those who say they needed proxy to play Tera? you could of quit you could of continued to play the game as it was and not tainted yourselves to use proxy and kept the game more pure that way. instead because of your selfishness you chose to ruin the game slowly with your kind infecting it like a disease and spreading it. because of you the game turned into this. you have only yourselves to blame. It's Enmasses fault for their servers being [filtered]. but it is your fault for deciding to use proxy and encourage the third party users to show up here and create and encourage more mods like this.

finally someone said it.
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Well, ever since you've made me quit the game due to the implementation of Xigncode, I still had that glimmer of hope that you would one day reverse course, as quite obviously Xigncode achieved absolutely nothing. I say nothing, while actually it apparently was one major factor that led to the server merge.

From what I've read, new harder endgame content definitely requires a low ping to have a proper damage output (timer on self healing bosses and whatnot), which for me (being from EU) and everyone with subpar ping seems to require a solution like proxy.

You market your game not only inside the US, but in several other countries as well. With your move to kill the only means to meet the required ping, you've effectively shut out any ambitious endgame player outside the US, and according to this thread many inside your country with higher ping as well. The only way this wouldn't horribly backfire would have been if you had simultaneously implemented an official alternative to proxy into the game itself.

Sorry to say, but only now looking into said alternative is already too little, too late.
    And honestly, how often has your community heard you say "we're looking into it", "we'll forward this to BHS" and so on, and how often has this borne any results? Close to never. Why should it be any different this time?
  • Dunno what delusional drug you, (I wanna say 50 or so people), who collectively decided to stomp your feet, take your ball and go home and play on EU are taking, but all weekend long I've noticed NO DROP in active players. None. Every single queue upto 65 thats always had active participants has had the same, (if not more), active participants as its always had.

So.../golf clap for your effort?

Too bad for you though, your continued attempts to try and persuade the majority of Tera NA players to join your insignificant minority of players crusade has failed, miserably.

So once again allow me to bid you all a fond farewall and...please be sure to not allow the door to hit your collective arses on the way out.

HAVE FUN IN EU while you hash out your little tantrums and finally decide to come back. ;)