[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• BlueKoRBlueKoR ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    also lets be honest none of you are going to quit. people say that all the time but never fall through tera will be fine unless people actually "okay enough of this [filtered] I'm actually done." talking is easy doing it is a lot harder XD. and also in honesty yeah its Enmasses fault for not updating their servers etc. But its as much their fault as it is as being the victim of a robbery. sure you shouldn't have been walking around downtime or a bad area at midnight walking around with your huge money bag full of money wearing the richest clothes and fanciest monocles you could find with a giant dollar sign over your head. you should definitely practice common sense of "okay this is a bad idea someone will probably rob me!" but ultimately its the the person who decides to rob that person who is in the wrong. sure its enmasses fault for not having funds and upgrading or being to lazy and incompetent to upgrade their stuff and fix things. buts the communities fault or rather those who would exploit and take advantage of these situations to profit and gain who inevitably ruined it for everyone else :P
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    Tydarius wrote: »
    Dunno what delusional drug you, (I wanna say 50 or so people), who collectively decided to stomp your feet, take your ball and go home and play on EU are taking, but all weekend long I've noticed NO DROP in active players. None. Every single queue upto 65 thats always had active participants has had the same, (if not more), active participants as its always had.

So.../golf clap for your effort?

Too bad for you though, your continued attempts to try and persuade the majority of Tera NA players to join your insignificant minority of players crusade has failed, miserably.

So once again allow me to bid you all a fond farewall and...please be sure to not allow the door to hit your collective arses on the way out.

HAVE FUN IN EU while you hash out your little tantrums and finally decide to come back. ;)

how many aahm/hh etc actual endgame dungeons did you do or get into? that is if you have even done those to begin with.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    So from what I understand, the DMCA only was valid for 3rd party apps and mods that violate the terms of service, like Proxy.
    So any other 3rd party program would still be valid, especially those they've endorsed and recommended before, like PingZapper. They've constantly recommended it, and so have I, so I'd assume this hasn't changed. It basically does what proxy did; Routes your packets a more direct, reliable way to the server and back, but it doesn't go so far as to predict your skills like Proxy did (from how I understand it worked). It likely won't completely get rid of high ping, but it'll bring it should bring it down tremendously. There's a 7-day free-trial (iirc), and then the lowest tier is 30 days for $4 USD. (It's a pay as you go, not a subscription-base service.)

I don't know how viable of an option this would be for foreign players, but I implore anyone/everyone to at least try the free-trial and see if it makes a close-enough difference similar to proxy, or if there's nothing left for now.
  • sanj66 wrote: »
    Dunno what delusional drug you, (I wanna say 50 or so people), who collectively decided to stomp your feet, take your ball and go home and play on EU are taking, but all weekend long I've noticed NO DROP in active players. None. Every single queue upto 65 thats always had active participants has had the same, (if not more), active participants as its always had.

Too bad for you though, your continued attempts to try and persuade the majority of Tera NA players to join your insignificant minority of players crusade has failed, miserably.

So once again allow me to bid you all a fond farewall and...please be sure to not allow the door to hit your collective arses on the way out.

HAVE FUN IN EU while you hash out your little tantrums and finally decide to come back. ;)

how many aahm/hh etc actual endgame dungeons did you do or get into? that is if you have even done those to begin with.

Learn to read...nothings changed. YOU ARENT IMPORTANT.

Bye bye pleb.
  • BlueKoRBlueKoR ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Fun fact,there is no difference between someone who injects to get a advantage and those who inject to compensate for a ping issue. you're both cheating to gain something in someway shape or form. You're both exploiting the same game that you both signed the terms of agreement to when you started playing the game!
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

They are not welcome in EU either

D549qSf.png

GF stance is the same as EME and they will sooner or later enforce the same actions against cheaters. But obviously they will first drain them the few money they may spend in the game, because most of them dont spend on it anyway, and then Happy New year without cheetos.

LOL so sad for them. Oh well, cheaters never win. Not ultimately anyways.
  • TJukuren wrote: »

You've noticed "No Drop" because proxy and meter currently still work for NA. That however is ending on the 16th when the new update comes. I'll love seeing you react to your own comment once you realize a large majority of the player-base will be gone from that day forward

NO DROP. Feel free to leave at any time. I mean, shoudnt you be busy playing on EU instead of wasting your time posting here?

Why U posting on a "ded" forum of a "ded" game brah?

Oh right..you want the attention.

Like I said...petulant...children.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    BlueKoR wrote: »
    1. Macros eliminate the human mistakes when casting canceling and doing skills also makes them faster more accurate and in general was stated in terms of service as cheating and not to be used. in a tab target game macros are fine but in a action combat game where things come down to pure prediction skill and how fast you react this is basically cheating.
    2.People trying to get matched against certain teams did not take luck people would pay to get Carried through skying by certain players to get above 1800 to get their gloves for night forge and so on sure there were those who did this to compete but there were a good amount of people who did this to make profit and achieve high ranks without working for them.
    3. bad ping or not doesn't in excuse cheating and despite those "good intentions" of those who made the scripts to help those with bad ping get lower ping it lead way for more exploits and 3rd party programmers to start selling their services for money which also lead to helping pave the way for other exploits.
    4. don't see how that excuses exploiting the game so you may play it.
    5. exploiters have always existed but it was the community who let them keep going about doing their things and also it was the community who then started using the exploits of those exploiters for their own personal gain.
    6. memeslash started because a third party programmer working with other third party programmers who were exploiting the games programming ending with it getting stolen and causing havoc for the whole community. and the intention here wasn't even necessarily good it was done by Bern who profited off proxy so whatever his intention was? very questionable.
    7. 22 ping proxy does allow for alot of bs you now have 22 ping but the ability to do what proxy users appearing in different places areas allowing different combos not normally seen in game also speeding up animation speed etc.
    8. bad argument or not its the truth a lot of the people who play Tera NA aren't even from the NA which is why they have bad ping they could play on the other servers but decided not to. and as for the other part it should be on Enmasse but they are not realistically ever going to bring other server hubs and area's to other places int he world because its a lot of money and that will never happen. so its a thing people must deal with and always have to deal with.

so if my mouse has software i am not allowed to use it or my keyboard software? then shouldnt having specific types of mouses with extra buttons be unfair as well? are you even reading and comprehending what you're writing? sync queuing is luck, there is no guarantee who you will actually meet after matching is completed. then what about people who use wtfast? its also a 3rd party software that helps latency, everything else below this is utter trash spewed by someone uninformed, alot of "bs things" can be done without proxy , if its meant for NA region lock it and also they added south american payment methods, so you want their money but you know f you about playing the game.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    BlueKoR wrote: »
    also lets be honest none of you are going to quit. people say that all the time but never fall through tera will be fine unless people actually "okay enough of this [filtered] I'm actually done." talking is easy doing it is a lot harder XD. and also in honesty yeah its Enmasses fault for not updating their servers etc. But its as much their fault as it is as being the victim of a robbery. sure you shouldn't have been walking around downtime or a bad area at midnight walking around with your huge money bag full of money wearing the richest clothes and fanciest monocles you could find with a giant dollar sign over your head. you should definitely practice common sense of "okay this is a bad idea someone will probably rob me!" but ultimately its the the person who decides to rob that person who is in the wrong. sure its enmasses fault for not having funds and upgrading or being to lazy and incompetent to upgrade their stuff and fix things. buts the communities fault or rather those who would exploit and take advantage of these situations to profit and gain who inevitably ruined it for everyone else :P

at this point you are purely delusional.
  • BlueKoRBlueKoR ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    technically the games free to play. you didn't have to pay anything for it the company paid your fee for you so you can log in your account and characters and everything on it is there property! you signed the terms of agreement agreeing to this. so ya can't win. sure you can argue that since the game is technically busted that by injecting you're trying to fix and make the issue less of a issue but in the end your still breaking the rules breaking the agreement and breaking the deal you agreed to thus allowing the company the company whose contract you signed and said "I promise to be a good upstanding citizen with my time within Tera if im not i understand i can have my accounts rights revoked!!" which they can do whatever they wish with your account.
  • For all those who are against 3rd party tools, Remember:
    The only reason you guys are so OP is BECAUSE of the dps meter, which is considered as a 3rd party tool.
    Without it, there wouldn't be class guides to maximize your performance in any way, nor you would be able to see if you're getting any better.

So stop being hypocrites.
  • BlueKoR wrote: »
    1. Macros eliminate the human mistakes when casting canceling and doing skills also makes them faster more accurate and in general was stated in terms of service as cheating and not to be used. in a tab target game macros are fine but in a action combat game where things come down to pure prediction skill and how fast you react this is basically cheating.
    2.People trying to get matched against certain teams did not take luck people would pay to get Carried through skying by certain players to get above 1800 to get their gloves for night forge and so on sure there were those who did this to compete but there were a good amount of people who did this to make profit and achieve high ranks without working for them.
    3. bad ping or not doesn't in excuse cheating and despite those "good intentions" of those who made the scripts to help those with bad ping get lower ping it lead way for more exploits and 3rd party programmers to start selling their services for money which also lead to helping pave the way for other exploits.
    4. don't see how that excuses exploiting the game so you may play it.
    5. exploiters have always existed but it was the community who let them keep going about doing their things and also it was the community who then started using the exploits of those exploiters for their own personal gain.
    6. memeslash started because a third party programmer working with other third party programmers who were exploiting the games programming ending with it getting stolen and causing havoc for the whole community. and the intention here wasn't even necessarily good it was done by Bern who profited off proxy so whatever his intention was? very questionable.
    7. 22 ping proxy does allow for alot of bs you now have 22 ping but the ability to do what proxy users appearing in different places areas allowing different combos not normally seen in game also speeding up animation speed etc.
    8. bad argument or not its the truth a lot of the people who play Tera NA aren't even from the NA which is why they have bad ping they could play on the other servers but decided not to. and as for the other part it should be on Enmasse but they are not realistically ever going to bring other server hubs and area's to other places int he world because its a lot of money and that will never happen. so its a thing people must deal with and always have to deal with.

1. when you cant do any of that because your ping is higher than the time it takes to block cancel something, then you're not deleting human error, you're using a tool to be able to do basic things your class is supposed to be doing. Also macros are used to bind skills to keys that tera doesnt consider by default, like other mouse buttons, etc.
    2. Sometimes the matching wouldn't work, thats why i said "a little luck", in anycase it was solvable from EME's side but they did nothing to prevent this, they did nothing. In any case my point was that 3rd party stuff wasnt needed to break the game.
    3.Just like the people cheating their way through the ranks in skyring, people will malicious intent will exploit anything they find, they didnt need proxy to exploit the game before and they wont need it to keep exploiting it. Using proxy to have low ping so you can dodge pizzas is not exploiting, it is, however, against the ToS.
    4.Exploiting is abusing the game, skill prediction does not abuse the game, it just allows you to play it decently.
    5.Most of the community just resorted to 3rd party apps because the game was unbearable without them, it wasnt the community who let exploiters keep going, the community has never had any say in the actions of malicious individuals. The only part where there was support from the community was those who bought scripts from malicious devs, and they knew exactly what they were doing. So you cant really pile them together with those who just used proxy to be able to play.
    6. i repeat "people will malicious intent will exploit anything they find, they didnt need proxy to exploit the game before and they wont need it to keep exploiting it"
    7. This doesnt make them inhumanly good at the game, they just perform as if they had 22 ping, now if this had been implemented by the BHS, it could have been properly balanced so random descyncs did not happen, but it had to be made from a 3rd party because the devs never even tried to solve this issue. It doesnt magically speed up animations, it just does everything as if you had low ping. I agree that a universal application would be more stable and prevent issues, specially in pvp (or even leave it disabled in pvp). But we dont have that, do we. A lot of games do have it, and for such a ping dependant game, it should be standard, at least if its planned to be sold outside the US.
    8. Exactly, most of the foreigners playing tera NA dont have servers in their area, but they still are clients. Its not like latin people are using VPN's to skip by an ip block, the game was actually promoted and sold in latin america too. They even implemented specific local buying methods for EMP. That shows very clearly that latin people are considered clients, and part of the target demographic, and therefore the publisher should try to provide a decent game for them as well, which of course, it hasnt. Youre right that its a lot of money to bring servers to other countries and im not asking for an old game to randomly open more servers, but theyre also getting a lot of money from latin players, so the least they can do is try to work so the experience is as smooth as possible.
  • BlueKoRBlueKoR ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    he world because its a lot of money and that will never happen. so its a thing people must deal with and always have to deal with.[/quote]

so if my mouse has software i am not allowed to use it or my keyboard software? then shouldn't having specific types of mouses with extra buttons be unfair as well? are you even reading and comprehending what you're writing? sync queuing is luck, there is no guarantee who you will actually meet after matching is completed. then what about people who use wtfast? its also a 3rd party software that helps latency, everything else below this is utter trash spewed by someone uninformed, alot of "bs things" can be done without proxy , if its meant for NA region lock it and also they added south american payment methods, so you want their money but you know f you about playing the game.[/quote]

..you agreed to the terms of service right? Right! so If I had written something like that written down inside the terms of services such as "no third party software uses,keys or things outside of what a basic mouse offers." which would be worded much more differently and sound much more complex and you break that rule you will get punished for it. Let me give you a example lets take a game Oldschool runescape a game that is literally based off of right click and left clicking then toggling other things through f1-f6 and moving the camera with your arrow keys. In osrs you are not allowed to remap keys to anything different from what you're given. if i go into the game files and i rewrite the keys in any way shape or form such as "i really think the arrow keys are annoying to move my camera with ill remap my keys to wasd instead!" or "it takes forever to equip and reswap armor sets by having to move the mouse key to pick up and swap to my other armor set ups ill remap those to 1 key and make that one key do the work for me instead!" you will get banned. the mods do not care how long you have had the account for they don't care how long you've played they do not care whether you care and think its unfair or not.you agreed to play the game the way they said they wanted you to play and by breaking those rules you have subjected yourself to be punished. if you don't like that you're free to say no and not play the game but you agreed to them so you have to uphold them.
  • Option A) Why dont ask some professional network developer, as Enmasse Inc. to develop an script for your game Tera NA
    That allow owned proxy routes for pvers.
    And provoke an inmediatly ban if are used in pvp features.

Guess people will be happy. You can stop pvp script abuser and let pve community spending money on your game. as a bussiness think for a while. Your money comes from pve players. Get rid off them isnt a good idea.

Option b)

Another good idea, that could stop this dusscusion, maybe will be dugens buffs, that nerf bosses damage and increase damage , only avalaible for those that hit more than 150 Ims.