[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    BlueKoR wrote: »
    no im quite stable and my point is you clicked yes to agree to their services and you're playing the game they own key word here they own the game. you don't unfair or not doesn't matter you hit yes to the services so suck it up.

Tho how does that work when EME themselves have been taking this up the antsy for years, without doing anything? if anything, its on them for not taking action earlier, allowing things to reach this point. By the time October 16th hits, the date of which DPS meters and proxies stop working, everyone with sense will have either found a better game, or have left to Tera EU. It is known that most hackers/cheater use their own proxies, so EME is basically attempting to punish everyone as a whole. But is that really such a good idea? to kill the element which have kept the veterans going?
  • BlueKoRBlueKoR ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    you would probably know by looking at whose dying the most or not doing mechanics correctly or by looking at how they do their rotation or how they rolled their gear!
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    you would probably know by looking at whose dying the most or not doing mechanics correctly or by looking at how they do their rotation or how they rolled their gear!

lol so you want some one to stop and look at another person doing their rotation, do you even read what you post before you do?
  • BlueKoR wrote: »

Its hard for me to follow your comments if you do not quote me. Tho sure. Humm. That is a moot point. please try again.
  • Without Proxy, Shinra Meter, and TCC this game will lose a significant amount of dedicated veteran players. Even those that don't use any third party mods will notice the huge population decline and will also quit when they realize LFG is empty and IMS queues never pop.

If huge companies like Blizzard and Bethesda can allow third party developers to create useful mods and tools for their games, why can't EME do the same?

I humbly request that you rescind the DMCA notice and reach out to the devs of these mods and work together towards making TERA enjoyable for everyone.
  • the element that kept veterans going? wasn't proxy it was because Tera was once good enjoyable and competitive now its dead, bland repeated content consistently maxed to hell with proxy and macroer's people who exploit cs more than it ever was before etc. and to answer your question almost all the veterans from the strike force days are gone. XD
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    sanj66 wrote: »
    Shinku you could easily tell if you're doing anything damage wise by looking at your combat log or idk watching how fast the bosses hps go down and whether or not you can make it past certain boss phases you could also figure out how to improve by Mathing out every stat figuring out how it works etc. there is no need for a dps counter. it certainly makes life a lot and is definitely a huge quality of life change. but it is in no means necessary. and lets be honest no one wants to spend that time calculating figuring out estimating guessing etc. but thats one way you could honestly tell if you were doing "good" without a dps counter like moongourd. xd

this is where you are wrong, every guide and build has been made with dps meter, in a party of varying classes each with varying possible min/max dps how does one simply math the damage they did? all you might be able to tell is overall party dps, you cant tell how much of that damage you did, unless you record your chat for an entire fight, then sum it and divide by time, which at the pace combat occurs in this game would take you hoursdue to having to scan the video for each invidual damage tick/dot in chat log or on screen, good luck doing that, do you even know ktera devs/staff use shinra dps meter on their own streams? wow, and necessary yes, bosses have dps checks now-a-days in case you didnt know, if someone is failing to contribute to it how else would you know?

Prob even k-tera (BHS) devs balance content/classes with data from DPS meters hahaha!
    DPS meters that work almost like proxy!

But who care, let's ban all impure "cheaters" cuz we all play the "same game" and we all live in south korea where everyone got 20 ms ping!
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    the element that kept veterans going? wasn't proxy it was because Tera was once good enjoyable and competitive now its dead, bland repeated content consistently maxed to hell with proxy and macroer's people who exploit cs more than it ever was before etc. and to answer your question almost all the veterans from the strike force days are gone. XD

Please quote me the next time your commenting, as it is hard for me to keep track. Tho you have made another moot point, I am unable to respond seriously. However for the sake of conversation, do you fee like every person that used a proxy did so with the intention of cheating? I know many people that only used proxy because of their low ping, and not because they wanted to cheat. Are you sure it is wise to throw everyone in the same basket?
  • BlueKoRBlueKoR ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    moot point? again i made the point of saying what is the difference between proxy users who use the proxy to get a stable ping and those who abuse it to get an advantage? Both break the terms of agreement both are exploiting the game in the same manner.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    moot point? again i made the point of saying what is the difference between proxy users who use the proxy to get a stable ping and those who abuse it to get an advantage? Both break the terms of agreement both are exploiting the game in the same manner.

You still have not answered my question. You have one last try. I`ll simplify this for you. Do you as a player feel like all proxies should be eliminated?
  • my other point here is you guys agreed to the terms of Service! YOU GUYS SAID I WILL NOT USE PROXY OR THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS While playing your game! Yet here ya are now complaining its being removed. honestly what will happen if proxy goes away? THE TERA COMMUNITY WILL TANK MASS HYSTERIA WILL ENSUE GAME WILL DIE GG NOOO REEEE. and yet the game somehow survived free to play through whatever else without those tools. people who were still here with bad ping suffered through it without proxy and they played without whining about how their ping was too high or their being no Dps counter like Moongourd.
  • Proxy give me low ping, no proxy no play :,(
    If huge companies like Blizzard and Bethesda can allow third party developers to create useful mods and tools for their games, why can't EME do the same????
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    the element that kept veterans going? wasn't proxy it was because Tera was once good enjoyable and competitive now its dead, bland repeated content consistently maxed to hell with proxy and macroer's people who exploit cs more than it ever was before etc. and to answer your question almost all the veterans from the strike force days are gone. XD

you do realize glitching cs gates can and is done without proxy or any 3rd party tool related right? and hey that means you knew little to no one back then cuz alot of people that were currently in the endgame community still have their vm weapon collections from vm 1 till now. the drive to compete and be rank 1 was what kept them around and its gone now so why bother to stay, but you fail to understand as well, people are just fed up with the company and the way they handle things, look at even this, they said they want to converse with us, how many replies have they posted? they posted this friday evening before they left the office and probably wont even bother reading this or listening to anyone. they hosted streams where you could interact with them and ask questions, in light of the new cm making a complete fool of herself because after 7 months on the job she cant answer a simple or single question properly as she still knows absolutely nothing about the game. add to that a senior product manager announcing they sent in a dmca which was revealed by other sources and shows where they either lied or again knew nothing of how anything works in or with the game while never responding to worthwhile issues or fixing anything in game while other regions get events, extra dungeons, optimization and are more understanding. for alot who dont even use anything 3rd party it was just the lack of professionalism and was the straw that broke the camel's back.
  • BlueKoRBlueKoR ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    my point is sanj if people don't like it they should leave. i left forever ago I'm not coming back this game only persists to exist because people despite these issues stay here if you got up and moved and left to some other mmorpgs the game would be done but ya stay here and argue and whine and complain for things that will never change. You agreed to the terms of service you're stuck! but if you leave the game say [filtered] those terms of service I'm out you get to not deal with this bs anymore! yet despite that people stay despite all the groaning and moaning of its not fair its not balanced its horrible this is a travesty on the most horrendous level! Yet, people stick around. XD
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    my other point here is you guys agreed to the terms of Service! YOU GUYS SAID I WILL NOT USE PROXY OR THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS While playing your game! Yet here ya are now complaining its being removed. honestly what will happen if proxy goes away? THE TERA COMMUNITY WILL TANK MASS HYSTERIA WILL ENSUE GAME WILL DIE GG NOOO REEEE. and yet the game somehow survived free to play through whatever else without those tools. people who were still here with bad ping suffered through it without proxy and they played without whining about how their ping was too high or their being no Dps counter like Moongourd.

First off, you need to chillax, boy. I have been playing longer then you most likely, and theres no need for caps and as I have personally have not used proxies. Nor have I complained about that, so keep your version straight. Take a breather. Second, do you really not understand people with high ping needs? I am not advocating cheats, I am against them probobly more then you, if you were to read my older posts. I am however saying that proxies kept the game alive. Without DPS meters, there's not room to experiment, no real need to get higher gear. Can you not see how proxies benefited this game? again, people that use proxies to cheat should be banned. But dont you think that many of these problems would go away, fi only BHS provided an official solution?