[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    P.S. Many people have derailed the topic a bit, do us all a favor and instead of deleting/locking the thread - just simply delete the unnecessary messages. Also, read and respond to your community, thank you!
  • On eu i get insta ques even for leveling dungs on a dps so why na? Memes
  • buffonsbuffons ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Here's some more feed back and I think this is as good a place to put it as any, since there is 0 chance eme will read everything in these last 3 days. This is taken from this thread here: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29178/you-had-enough-feedback-already/p1 and someone was kind enough to save it here: https://i.imgur.com/o6FaALy.jpg

A list of eme screwups just in September alone. That is an astounding amount of failures and if eme has any self respect left or care about their jobs/game they would be wise to do some serious self reflection. But who am I kidding right?
  • So if anyone from Eme reads this (I can't even believe I'm suggesting someone will xD) - stop reading after I think around 25 pages of posts. 90% that comes afterwards is not worth to read as it i is - you guessed it - people who have no idea what a discussion is, try to compare their e-manhoods and... actually I want for someone to read that and maybe at least honor the part of the inintial post where it was stated that there will be actions taken against such people. Not a chance though, right?
    Would be nice to see at least one promise from Eme to be fullfilled. Sigh.

Seeing as it's monday and they should get to office soon and have "OFFICIAL" access to forum and not just read it on their phones or whatever, I'm just wondering what will happen right now.
    WIll the devs close this topic off the bat and act as it never happened.
    Or will we get a "We have read all your posts and took the feedback to our hearts. We promise you that we will take all the steps necessary to make the game as best as possilbe for all ouf you cause we care so much, etc. bla bla bla" Which would pretty much mean they read nothing as I'm clearly making fun of that approach right now and they didn't see it.So neither the 20+ pages at the beginning or even the last few before they show up would have been read.

To all that posted their thoughts and concerns - Nice job. Thanks for taking your time to do it.
    For all the trolls that came here only to flame, act as asses, misread posts on purpose, cause misinformation, and I'm sure they all are aware of whom I'm speaking, even without posting names - grow up.
    Days of trolls under the bridge being a hindrance to people are way behind us. Not sure what you get out of this but from me only thing you can get is a shake of the head and maybe a bit of pity.

To Eme Staff - I'm "thrilled" to see how you will respond.
  • FFeKxjp.jpg

4PM EST Sunday.

I hope that this will not become irreversible.

The best of luck, friends.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    TJukuren wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there was no proxy's when this game came out, and people got by just fine. Gotta suck it up and learn how to play with unbearable ping and lag issues making the game almost unplayable. Plain and simple.

Fixed that for you. Also, back when the game first came out the servers were quite stable, so there was never a need for proxy back then.

No lag here, 12-40 ping. So must be your net or pc.

So you are lucky enough to not be affected I hope you realize you are truly a minority. I know you in game and I know you don't grind stuff like we do, and I also know you don't know the struggles we go through to grind those things.

You are a low ping lancer, have you ever thought of your other lancer buddies that have over 70ms? 70 is not even a ridiculous number but it's enough to flip bosses 180 around.

Ignoring valid issues just because it doesn't apply to you, I don't know if it is the right word sorry for bad English but I think it's called being delusional.

Now if you think this isn't going to affect you just because you don't use any of the mods, well maybe you're right in that sense. But would it affect you that a newly merged server is nearly empty? Don't forget about all the essences you've bought, with all the actual endgame player leaving, are you affected? And as a result of the decrease in population the economy is even more screwed than it is right now, would you be concerned?
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Now if you think this isn't going to affect you just because you don't use any of the mods, well maybe you're right in that sense. But would it affect you that a newly merged server is nearly empty? Don't forget about all the essences you've bought, with all the actual endgame player leaving, are you affected? And as a result of the decrease in population the economy is even more screwed than it is right now, would you be concerned?

I am not sure exactly why some players need to get hit by the tornado directly to understand what is going on but the consequence is the same for all of us regardless of when we get hit.

I should spend more time in game and have fun than on forums being worried and looking for answers.

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @TankyHealer said:
    > LancerJiva wrote: »
    >
    > TJukuren wrote: »
    >
    > LancerJiva wrote: »
    >
    > I'm pretty sure there was no proxy's when this game came out, and people got by just fine. Gotta suck it up and learn how to play with unbearable ping and lag issues making the game almost unplayable. Plain and simple.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Fixed that for you. Also, back when the game first came out the servers were quite stable, so there was never a need for proxy back then.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No lag here, 12-40 ping. So must be your net or pc.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So you are lucky enough to not be affected I hope you realize you are truly a minority. I know you in game and I know you don't grind stuff like we do, and I also know you don't know the struggles we go through to grind those things.
    >
    > You are a low ping lancer, have you ever thought of your other lancer buddies that have over 70ms? 70 is not even a ridiculous number but it's enough to flip bosses 180 around.
    >
    > Ignoring valid issues just because it doesn't apply to you, I don't know if it is the right word sorry for bad English but I think it's called being delusional.
    >
    > Now if you think this isn't going to affect you just because you don't use any of the mods, well maybe you're right in that sense. But would it affect you that a newly merged server is nearly empty? Don't forget about all the essences you've bought, with all the actual endgame player leaving, are you affected? And as a result of the decrease in population the economy is even more screwed than it is right now, would you be concerned?

I don’t grind mats because I don’t have the time to do so. I don’t play all day like I used to. A thing called real life has taken over. I play when I can. I know people who have high ping and have adapted and gotten used to it perfectly fine. -shrugs- from here on out we will just see what happens I guess.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    -shrugs- from here on out we will just see what happens I guess.

Yeah I guess we will have to see. But by the time we see what happens, it would already be too late to fix if the outcomes are not desirable. And quite frankly I don't think it will turn out well. As someone else pointed out in another thread and I could not worded that myself any better: this is affecting the dedicated players and their casual friends.

Dedicated players as in the ones that spends 20 30 even 40 hours in this game, dedicated players as in the ones that supports eme financially, and of course not just dedicated players because lots of casuals are also caught in this because their friends left.

Same as teaching kids training animals etc, for every no there has to be a yes. So unless they provide alternatives to proxy and shinra, it really wasn't a good decision to pull a dmca on 3rd parties.
  • FODOKCH wrote: »
    yes, first they had to find a solution and then dmca the proxy

Knowing this game and seeing how they do things for the past 6 years, I would love to believe but it is kind of difficult to even imagine that they would provide any kind of fix to this.

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Jerichow wrote: »
    And now we have people like @ElinUsagi , @Starkhoe , @Equitas and a few others that have contributed pages of attacks against each other, that does absolutely nothing to contribute to the topic at hand... So yeah... thanks for derailing the thread with your petty and childish ego trips... Keep giving EME more reason to discredit the forum community why don't you?

Well someone on a high horse lol well dear @Jerichow the people you mentioned, including myself, have in fact been talking about this topic. For someone that claims to follow this thread, you seemed to have overlooked afew things. For example in terms of who "attacked" who, I haven't even spoken with Equitas on this thread. The person I attacked was someone else entirely. Forgot who it was tho and i`m too lazy to check. He wasn't interesting enough for me to remember. Tho since your the so called "expert" on how this thread is suppose to work, then by all means, go ahead and look for him, if it matters this much to you. I did however address ElinUsagi. That was correct. Tho alas, it was a quick engagement and it was more of an exchange of opinions, then it was an "attack".

Anyway. I don`t like wasting time on wannabe "objective people" like yourself, which are so desperate for someone to give them something new to parrot. People like you suck the fun out of everything. Tho sure. Since you asked, i`ll address your concern this one time. To be perfectly honest with you, I only reply here for my own amusement. I actually left Tera NA, along with the guild I was in. I`m sticking around for sheer amusement. So you see, I don`t care if my comments or other peoples comments makes the thread seem a certain way, and I do not take anything or anyone here too seriously. Not you, not them, and especially not EME. However, since you asked, fact is I wouldn't be able to derail this subject even if I wanted too. And neither would the other people you mentioned. This topic is bigger then us. You see? its all good. Don't sweat it, millennial power ranger. This thread isn't going anywhere and EME cannot ignore this subject, even if they wanted too.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    We dont have servers to actually merge. This means if the servers are empty its basically the end of TERA.