Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• The game will not die so stop saying this left and right becaue it will not die considering all the updates to come and the fact that there are still many players that want to continue playing but the game will not be in a very good state either ( also, using steamchart on server that is filled with so many international players is kinda contradicting since steam is region blocked (?) to the international players and they have to use the normal launcher anyway? ).

We will have to see what news we will get "early next week" and what will change in the future.

Also, I have seen more players in game since the improvement on golden talents but we still have a long way to go.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    The game is dead to you, when you have no better people with brains to do dungeon content with you. Unless you are a masochist to do LFG/IMS with weaker players that will ruin the enjoyment for you (or waste time).
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    Hope you enjoy your more dead than before merge CH servers.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    The game will not die so stop saying this left and right becaue it will not die considering all the updates to come and the fact that there are still many players that want to continue playing but the game will not be in a very good state either ( also, using steamchart on server that is filled with so many international players is kinda contradicting since steam is region blocked (?) to the international players and they have to use the normal launcher anyway? ).

We will have to see what news we will get "early next week" and what will change in the future.

Also, I have seen more players in game since the improvement on golden talents but we still have a long way to go.

It's dead already. The new updates will not save it unless BHS implement their own SP and meter. I highly doubt they would be able to do it in less than a week. Many people have already gone to EU or just quit the game.

Also, the leveling event GF is doing is much better than EME. Full twist with daylight accessories and a superior brooch. Good luck farming on NA Tera!
  • Because why turn down money when you can have it and also still not give support? This isn't a debate subject, EME has gone on record for only support NA many times.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highwatch on velika server was at High population after cu ended and medium before, but that’s the definition of dead I guess. Logic.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DYLW5HFXJH
    I brought up client side modding because you know what, multiple people could have your client side mod as well and see it. Theres not a huge difference.
    Only one costume mod had a server for more people to see it but I know a lot of people that used their own private server or had it on offline due to the fear or being banned. I also know a lot of people who bought costumes because of that mod, costumes they never thought they'd like. I know people who used it and didn't buy any costumes, but those people were always full f2p casual players. I know people who mainly used the mod for costumes that simply don't exist here in our region, which is fair enough.

The difference really isn't huge. And I don't see you making threads asking about tumblrs that dedicate to modding be dmca'd so I'm going to call you a big hypocrite that's also jumping on a bandwagon, the proxy hate bandwagon.
    Remember to reset your s1engine and s1input as well while you're at it, taking things into your own hands is a big nono after all.

Also petitions are against the rules whether they're well made or well-worded. Just like proxy mods are against the rules whether their intention is good or not!
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Highwatch on velika server was at High population after cu ended and medium before, but that’s the definition of dead I guess. Logic.

You can barely form a raid for HH and you have trouble filling a party of 5 for a 439+, but that's the definition of alive I guess. Logic.
  • keep Item XP bonus events every month please , since you gifted the 30% for 7 days and bonus in dugens, a lot of people from non logged guilds or friends came back after months of inactivity. They said me that they back due to item xp bonus.
  • bring alliance back!
  • KuMikuPaPPDKuMikuPaPPD ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I really want to return to NA Tera, i've spent too much time and effort to just forget about it and move along.

Couple of weeks ago i thought that i will log in the game on oct. 16, do apex for my class (even if it's dissapointing in the effort:dps ratio), relearn my class and then go run new dungeons with my friends and guildies. Thought i will have fun. Well, that's no longer possible. Now we all got split up - someone left the game, few still playing on NA (note that those who still around are mostly casuals who doesn't run anything higher than 431s or do other activity not affected by ping much) and most moved to other regions (someone, myself included, appeared to be regionblocked and can't play on EU without VPN, which may lead to ban). Our small family got split up and i hate it. Thank you EME for ruining all of that.
    Even though my main character is in full damn HO farmed through blood, sweat and tears, i can't continue playing here as i'm basically locked from doing any endgame content with my natural ping. I will be a burden to parties and my gear/skill will not mean anything - not something i'd wish. Doing flying guardians missions, running only 412s, 431s and 439s at best? And that's without even mentioning xigncode. No thanks...

PS: I want to say i've lost my faith in you EME with all your latest decisions, but some part of me still hopes that redemption for you is still possible and one day i can once again play here, enjoy running hard content woth my friends. Even considering how flawed TERA generally... Please do something right at least this time EME, for all our sakes.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This is probably the most on topic post from the entire thread.

We are going to reach 50th page once more!! And who knows how many times after that!

dog-burning-house.jpg

p.s. i am still waiting patiently for "early next week"
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
    Regardless of whether I agree or not with the game dying, steamcharts is one of the poorest examples you could use to track players in TERA. The game is a F2P MMO that barely ever used Steam as a way to bring in players. I specifically bring this up because you are the third person I've read about using that link as a guide to meme. But frankly, if you want your argument to be taken seriously, you should use real arguments.

In fact, pull the chart back a bit and you can see that most steam users were not affected at all by this. In fact, I'd go so far as to say most steam users probably have no idea what this argument is even about. There are a bunch of lower tiered players who do NMs all day casually with their friends who don't have any of these issues, so it's amusing to see someone link to what would be considered the trial bin of the F2P MMO market as proof of a lack of population.

Steam might not be the best way to represent the current population, but it's the only one we have until EME/GF releases the data themselves. EU Tera population is almost 2,000 on steam while NA is still waiting for EME's "updates". If anyone wants to jump to EU, the tera gameforge collectors edition (NA's founder status) is back in stock for about $20 and it comes with a month of tera club (elite status).

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/212740,323370#48h