[PC] Maintenance is completed!

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

1474850525373

Comments

  • Players are region blocked -as far as i know- on steam and since there are so many international players on NA then the steamcharts proves nothing?
  • P2W wrote: »
    DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
    Regardless of whether I agree or not with the game dying, steamcharts is one of the poorest examples you could use to track players in TERA. The game is a F2P MMO that barely ever used Steam as a way to bring in players. I specifically bring this up because you are the third person I've read about using that link as a guide to meme. But frankly, if you want your argument to be taken seriously, you should use real arguments.

    In fact, pull the chart back a bit and you can see that most steam users were not affected at all by this. In fact, I'd go so far as to say most steam users probably have no idea what this argument is even about. There are a bunch of lower tiered players who do NMs all day casually with their friends who don't have any of these issues, so it's amusing to see someone link to what would be considered the trial bin of the F2P MMO market as proof of a lack of population.

    Steam might not be the best way to represent the current population, but it's the only one we have until EME/GF releases the data themselves. EU Tera population is almost 2,000 on steam while NA is still waiting for EME's "updates". If anyone wants to jump to EU, the tera gameforge collectors edition (NA's founder status) is back in stock for about $20 and it comes with a month of tera club (elite status).

    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/212740,323370#48h
    If Tera eu population is 2k on steam and NA is 1.2k on steam what’s the point to going to EU and star from scratch.
  • 50 pages for a second time bois! We did it.

    "still waits patiently for early next week"


    p.s. i could start on EU and play with 50ms but i would need months to catch up all the progress.. so do not let it die pls :D
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    50 pages for a second time bois! We did it.

    "still waits patiently for early next week"


    p.s. i could start on EU and play with 50ms but i would need months to catch up all the progress.. so do not let it die pls :D

    Bruh i caught up to Stormcry in like a week or so (I brute forced alot cause I DON'T GIVE A F and just used various credits like guardian etc and stuff to buy mats)...though i did have a friend make darics/plates for me while i re-did my own crafters so i guessed that helped. Though i only needed to "catch up" on 1 character really while lazily doing another
  • tisnotme wrote: »
    to prevent more major exploits from being abused.

    but not all exploits
    The ones who use the massive exploits aren't necessarily using their proxy

    still doesn't mean their code isn't being used to exploit at all , nor does it mean that it hasn't opened the door for others that wouldn't usually be able to get to this point at achieving to exploit with out the devs proxy
    and it's out of their hands to fix.
    out of their hands ?
    they are un capable to finish the mess they helped open ?
    or their not allowed as officially they were never allowed but did it out of (apparently) the grace of their harts to help the community but now worried about crossing that same line to finalise it

    and again right or wrong , the game was never ours to manipulate (repair improve or for other reasons) the codes to begin with

    It's out of the proxy developers' hands to prevent others exploiting the game. They have no right to tell others they can't code what they want, they can only discourage it. Do you think they were the only ones in the world capable of coding?

    I'm lost at what you're trying to get at. You're asking why the proxy devs didn't fix the holes and it's answered. What do you expect them to do about it? The original code was put on github for anyone to see and can be used as a base framework. You can't possibly expect them to come up with a way to make the code that everyone's gotten copies of to become obsolete.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    tisnotme wrote: »
    to prevent more major exploits from being abused.

    but not all exploits
    The ones who use the massive exploits aren't necessarily using their proxy

    still doesn't mean their code isn't being used to exploit at all , nor does it mean that it hasn't opened the door for others that wouldn't usually be able to get to this point at achieving to exploit with out the devs proxy
    and it's out of their hands to fix.
    out of their hands ?
    they are un capable to finish the mess they helped open ?
    or their not allowed as officially they were never allowed but did it out of (apparently) the grace of their harts to help the community but now worried about crossing that same line to finalise it

    and again right or wrong , the game was never ours to manipulate (repair improve or for other reasons) the codes to begin with

    It's out of the proxy developers' hands to prevent others exploiting the game. They have no right to tell others they can't code what they want, they can only discourage it. Do you think they were the only ones in the world capable of coding?

    I'm lost at what you're trying to get at. You're asking why the proxy devs didn't fix the holes and it's answered. What do you expect them to do about it? The original code was put on github for anyone to see and can be used as a base framework. You can't possibly expect them to come up with a way to make the code that everyone's gotten copies of to become obsolete.

    then you've answered the situation fully to why this currently shouldn't be allowed

    why/how can they fix it its not their problem now
    they didn't start the wild fire they merely lit the match and it went from there

    while its getting out of the devs control and cant be contained then the only out come would be to extinguish it completely then
    but it would have been better for all if there was a work around to help keep the 2 and only the two that can help with the games ping and the meter and be un exploitable from there
  • If I were the proxy devs, I would have forced a white list on which modules could be used with their proxy.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    LordXenon wrote: »
    If I were the proxy devs, I would have forced a white list on which modules could be used with their proxy.

    Anyone with coding knowledge can make other modules, proxy is the framework - it doesn't work by itself, the modules make it work. After a coder gets his/her hands on the "framework" he/she can make other modules to cheat. There's simply no way to stop it and that's why nothing is going to change, cheaters will continue to exist and cheat, because they can make and update their own modules.

    If xingcode were to work, which it doesn't, then the cheaters could be stopped, but it doesn't work and all it does is slow down your pc.
  • Just wait til GF do the same thing as eme, then where would everyone go ?
  • RyusamaRyusama ✭✭✭
    LordXenon wrote: »
    If I were the proxy devs, I would have forced a white list on which modules could be used with their proxy.

    Ultimately it would be pointless, internet and software isnt 100% flawless so someone would eventually find a way to bypass the whitelist. The question is how long until that happened.

    Back to main topic, wasnt it supposed to be a new update by today sunday 7th?

  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ryusama wrote: »
    Back to main topic, wasnt it supposed to be a new update by today sunday 7th?
    as post says early this week not on the 7th
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/263825/#Comment_263825
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    monkeic wrote: »
    Just wait til GF do the same thing as eme, then where would everyone go ?

    You think GF would be dumb enough to do the same thing as EME after all of this? Besides GF isn't BHS's [filtered] so they don't need to do everything BHS tells them to do. And as other's have mentioned, the DMCA wasn't about people exploiting or cheating. It's because of the Xigncode bypass and they cant mine your data for profit. EU dont have this problem because Xigncode is ILLEGAL
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    P2W wrote: »
    monkeic wrote: »
    Just wait til GF do the same thing as eme, then where would everyone go ?

    You think GF would be dumb enough to do the same thing as EME after all of this? Besides GF isn't BHS's [filtered] so they don't need to do everything BHS tells them to do. And as other's have mentioned, the DMCA wasn't about people exploiting or cheating. It's because of the Xigncode bypass and they cant mine your data for profit. EU dont have this problem because Xigncode is ILLEGAL

    I do they've done it in the past , even tho they don't need to do everything BHS tells them
    they have even ran Xigncode in the past p!ss!ng people off and only don't do it now as stated because Xingcode currently falls in the EU privacy laws as illegal , but if it was to be able to run again or some thing else was able to take its place id say GF would look back in to using it
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Players are region blocked -as far as i know- on steam and since there are so many international players on NA then the steamcharts proves nothing?
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    P2W wrote: »
    DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
    Regardless of whether I agree or not with the game dying, steamcharts is one of the poorest examples you could use to track players in TERA. The game is a F2P MMO that barely ever used Steam as a way to bring in players. I specifically bring this up because you are the third person I've read about using that link as a guide to meme. But frankly, if you want your argument to be taken seriously, you should use real arguments.

    In fact, pull the chart back a bit and you can see that most steam users were not affected at all by this. In fact, I'd go so far as to say most steam users probably have no idea what this argument is even about. There are a bunch of lower tiered players who do NMs all day casually with their friends who don't have any of these issues, so it's amusing to see someone link to what would be considered the trial bin of the F2P MMO market as proof of a lack of population.

    Steam might not be the best way to represent the current population, but it's the only one we have until EME/GF releases the data themselves. EU Tera population is almost 2,000 on steam while NA is still waiting for EME's "updates". If anyone wants to jump to EU, the tera gameforge collectors edition (NA's founder status) is back in stock for about $20 and it comes with a month of tera club (elite status).

    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/212740,323370#48h
    If Tera eu population is 2k on steam and NA is 1.2k on steam what’s the point to going to EU and star from scratch.

    Here's the results for the past 2 weeks CU on Velika. It's pretty depressing.

    https://imgur.com/a/B7cTdCq
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    P2W wrote: »
    Here's the results for the past 2 weeks CU on Velika. It's pretty depressing.

    https://imgur.com/a/B7cTdCq
    Cool story you're trying to spin there. Those CUs (on the NA PVE server btw) look much more exciting than the CU on EU's PVP server:
    gXjKX4M.png

Sign In or Register to comment.