[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You should seriously just shut up.
    ironic
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/profile/comments/IMetherlence
  • Pwhoops wrote: »
    > @TeraNuibe said:
    > > @Pwhoops said:
    > > xTriDevilx wrote: »
    > >
    > > Proxy ban is a good thing IMO. Never used one, never needed to use one. EU players playing on NA servers complaining about high ping, that's why the GameForge/EU servers exist. Go there if you don't like the lag here
    > >
    > > Proxies were heavily abused in BG's. People injecting through gates, 0-ping players, auto-rotation and being able to chain skills with 0 delay in between (you can have 15-30ms ping and tap your skills on the keyboard 1,000,000/sec and you'd still never execute skills back-to-back as quickly as someone using proxy, that's unfair), healers with their auto-lock(sort of like aimbotting) and of course, memeslashers.
    > >
    > > If you need a script to execute attacks for you and auto-lock opponents for you, you probably shouldn't be playing. That's not skill, that's cheating..real skill involves good motor function, muscle memory, and more.
    > >
    > > I did like what it did for players with high-ping in PVE, eliminating ping tax and all. But I'm primarily PVP and only play PVE when PVP que stops popping. And in PVP, were giving players an unfair advantage. It had to go, and I'm glad it's gone
    > >
    > > I'd rather the game die than have it flooded with cheaters
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > East Coast NA, btw.
    > >
    > > My ping was 50ms until 1-2 years ago when they decided to get crappy servers and ever since I play with 100-110ms and with ping spikes ranging from 250-1000ms every 10-30 minutes.
    >
    > im in east coast and i get 24-50 ping... must be eme's fault then....

But hey, you’re the only star in the whole wide galaxy, so... if your ping is fine it automatically means that everything should be fine with everyone else, and that if it’s not then it’s my problem and EME has nothing to do with it. All of this you deduce from the fact you’re part of the lucky few whose ping has no problems. If ignorance were a crime you’d be serving a life sentence along with decorated whiteknight @Melyodis

o thank you thank you i'm officially a white knight and decorated also my my took long enough.
  • It seems like in response to all 3rd party developers withdrawing supports from NATera, BHS suddenly decided to unify all regional packet codes into one format. So whatever 3rd party program working on other regions (eg. EU Tera), it'll also work on NA "conveniently" beyond Apex 2 patch. The only thing affected is there will be no more Xigncode bypass, and maybe no more DPS meter data posted for NA. Other than that, it seems NA players are still able to access those 3rd party tools.

I think this is actually a very smart move from BHS trying to stop the loss of NA players. Honestly I can't think of a better way than this to mitigate the damage without officially admitting they rely on 3rd party programs to retain end-game players. Also I think what they're truely after is the Xigncode bypass, while leaving other QOL programs in the grey area.
  • > @Pwhoops said:
    > > @TeraNuibe said:
    > > > @Pwhoops said:
    > > > xTriDevilx wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Proxy ban is a good thing IMO. Never used one, never needed to use one. EU players playing on NA servers complaining about high ping, that's why the GameForge/EU servers exist. Go there if you don't like the lag here
    > > >
    > > > Proxies were heavily abused in BG's. People injecting through gates, 0-ping players, auto-rotation and being able to chain skills with 0 delay in between (you can have 15-30ms ping and tap your skills on the keyboard 1,000,000/sec and you'd still never execute skills back-to-back as quickly as someone using proxy, that's unfair), healers with their auto-lock(sort of like aimbotting) and of course, memeslashers.
    > > >
    > > > If you need a script to execute attacks for you and auto-lock opponents for you, you probably shouldn't be playing. That's not skill, that's cheating..real skill involves good motor function, muscle memory, and more.
    > > >
    > > > I did like what it did for players with high-ping in PVE, eliminating ping tax and all. But I'm primarily PVP and only play PVE when PVP que stops popping. And in PVP, were giving players an unfair advantage. It had to go, and I'm glad it's gone
    > > >
    > > > I'd rather the game die than have it flooded with cheaters
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > East Coast NA, btw.
    > > >
    > > > My ping was 50ms until 1-2 years ago when they decided to get crappy servers and ever since I play with 100-110ms and with ping spikes ranging from 250-1000ms every 10-30 minutes.
    > >
    > > im in east coast and i get 24-50 ping... must be eme's fault then....
    >
    > But hey, you’re the only star in the whole wide galaxy, so... if your ping is fine it automatically means that everything should be fine with everyone else, and that if it’s not then it’s my problem and EME has nothing to do with it. All of this you deduce from the fact you’re part of the lucky few whose ping has no problems. If ignorance were a crime you’d be serving a life sentence along with decorated whiteknight @Melyodis
    >

ohhh really coz if u have high ping and i dont must be eme's fault.....ur not even considering ur ISP....theres so much more factor to having high ping not juts eme and its user...
  • RyusamaRyusama ✭✭✭
    Mewtube wrote: »
    It seems like in response to all 3rd party developers withdrawing supports from NATera, BHS suddenly decided to unify all regional packet codes into one format. So whatever 3rd party program working on other regions (eg. EU Tera), it'll also work on NA "conveniently" beyond Apex 2 patch. The only thing affected is there will be no more Xigncode bypass, and maybe no more DPS meter data posted for NA. Other than that, it seems NA players are still able to access those 3rd party tools.

I think this is actually a very smart move from BHS trying to stop the loss of NA players. Honestly I can't think of a better way than this to mitigate the damage without officially admitting they rely on 3rd party programs to retain end-game players. Also I think what they're truely after is the Xigncode bypass, while leaving other QOL programs in the grey area.

May I ask where did you read this? A source.
  • TeraNuibe wrote: »
    > @Pwhoops said:
    > > @TeraNuibe said:
    > > > @Pwhoops said:
    > > > xTriDevilx wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Proxy ban is a good thing IMO. Never used one, never needed to use one. EU players playing on NA servers complaining about high ping, that's why the GameForge/EU servers exist. Go there if you don't like the lag here
    > > >
    > > > Proxies were heavily abused in BG's. People injecting through gates, 0-ping players, auto-rotation and being able to chain skills with 0 delay in between (you can have 15-30ms ping and tap your skills on the keyboard 1,000,000/sec and you'd still never execute skills back-to-back as quickly as someone using proxy, that's unfair), healers with their auto-lock(sort of like aimbotting) and of course, memeslashers.
    > > >
    > > > If you need a script to execute attacks for you and auto-lock opponents for you, you probably shouldn't be playing. That's not skill, that's cheating..real skill involves good motor function, muscle memory, and more.
    > > >
    > > > I did like what it did for players with high-ping in PVE, eliminating ping tax and all. But I'm primarily PVP and only play PVE when PVP que stops popping. And in PVP, were giving players an unfair advantage. It had to go, and I'm glad it's gone
    > > >
    > > > I'd rather the game die than have it flooded with cheaters
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > East Coast NA, btw.
    > > >
    > > > My ping was 50ms until 1-2 years ago when they decided to get crappy servers and ever since I play with 100-110ms and with ping spikes ranging from 250-1000ms every 10-30 minutes.
    > >
    > > im in east coast and i get 24-50 ping... must be eme's fault then....
    >
    > But hey, you’re the only star in the whole wide galaxy, so... if your ping is fine it automatically means that everything should be fine with everyone else, and that if it’s not then it’s my problem and EME has nothing to do with it. All of this you deduce from the fact you’re part of the lucky few whose ping has no problems. If ignorance were a crime you’d be serving a life sentence along with decorated whiteknight @Melyodis
    >

ohhh really coz if u have high ping and i dont must be eme's fault.....ur not even considering ur ISP....theres so much more factor to having high ping not juts eme and its user...

don't you know they always blame eme and their potato servers that's what they call it lol it's never their fault and there isp is top notch. i'm from the Caribbean using a isp with fiber optic cable infrastructure and my ping is 90 - 110 and i'm so far from the servers. there other factors to consider they don't want to hear that is EME fault cause they changed server providers full stop correct @Pwhoops.
  • RyusamaRyusama ✭✭✭
    Well, It's too soon to say but at least they are sewing the gunshot wounds NOW rather than putting a band-aid and call it a day.

Still, the damage is done and there's still a lot of other issues that needs to be addressed. Mainly the golden/silver talent problem, it's the second one in the priority list.
  • Mewtube wrote: »
    It seems like in response to all 3rd party developers withdrawing supports from NATera, BHS suddenly decided to unify all regional packet codes into one format. So whatever 3rd party program working on other regions (eg. EU Tera), it'll also work on NA "conveniently" beyond Apex 2 patch. The only thing affected is there will be no more Xigncode bypass, and maybe no more DPS meter data posted for NA. Other than that, it seems NA players are still able to access those 3rd party tools.

This isn't a reactionary move as the builds were shipping before the dmca even happened. Just saying. BHS probably just casually [filtered] up again.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    > @Melyodis said:
    > @TeraNuibe wrote: »
    >
    > ohhh really coz if u have high ping and i dont must be eme's fault.....ur not even considering ur ISP....theres so much more factor to having high ping not juts eme and its user...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > don't you know they always blame eme and their potato servers that's what they call it lol it's never their fault and there isp is top notch. i'm from the Caribbean using a isp with fiber optic cable infrastructure and my ping is 90 - 110 and i'm so far from the servers. there other factors to consider they don't want to hear that is EME fault cause they changed server providers full stop correct @Pwhoops.

1) Over 2 years of this https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/18831/keep-submitting-diags#latest

2) My ISP hasn’t changed, it is the same as 2 years ago when I was getting 50ms

3) TERA’s servers/ISP has changed since then

4) This only happens on this game, no other game makes me have random lag and ping spikes

5) I live on the East Coast where I should have sub 30ms ping at least

All of this leads me to believe it’s EME related, now, you can be an ignorant and ignore all of that and continue to defend EME, that’s up to you, but keep in mind that just because you’re one of the lucky few without ping issues it doesn’t mean we don’t exist. The thread I posted alone should make you realize it’s server sided.
    > @Melyodis said:
    > @TeraNuibe wrote: »
    >
    > ohhh really coz if u have high ping and i dont must be eme's fault.....ur not even considering ur ISP....theres so much more factor to having high ping not juts eme and its user...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > don't you know they always blame eme and their potato servers that's what they call it lol it's never their fault and there isp is top notch. i'm from the Caribbean using a isp with fiber optic cable infrastructure and my ping is 90 - 110 and i'm so far from the servers. there other factors to consider they don't want to hear that is EME fault cause they changed server providers full stop correct @Pwhoops.

1) Over 2 years of this https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/18831/keep-submitting-diags#latest

2) My ISP hasn’t changed, it is the same as 2 years ago when I was getting 50ms

3) TERA’s servers/ISP has changed since then

4) This only happens on this game, no other game makes me have random lag and ping spikes

5) I live on the East Coast where I should have sub 30ms ping at least

All of this leads me to believe it’s EME related, now, you can be an ignorant and ignore all of that and continue to defend EME, that’s up to you, but keep in mind that just because you’re one of the lucky few without ping issues it doesn’t mean we don’t exist. The thread I posted alone should make you realize it’s server sided.

when will this game just die so this forum can rest in peace. over 2 years that thread ain't even year old yet anyways there got be some routing issues some where idk why EME Changed isp did they say idk idc either we will never know why. if they change again there will be other in the same boat as you so who's to blame then the incompetent service providers that only want money and wont spend money to make sure their customers are ok.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    > @Melyodis said:
    > Pwhoops wrote: »
    >
    > > @Melyodis said:
    > > @TeraNuibe wrote: »
    > >
    > > ohhh really coz if u have high ping and i dont must be eme's fault.....ur not even considering ur ISP....theres so much more factor to having high ping not juts eme and its user...
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > don't you know they always blame eme and their potato servers that's what they call it lol it's never their fault and there isp is top notch. i'm from the Caribbean using a isp with fiber optic cable infrastructure and my ping is 90 - 110 and i'm so far from the servers. there other factors to consider they don't want to hear that is EME fault cause they changed server providers full stop correct @Pwhoops.
    >
    > 1) Over 2 years of this https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/18831/keep-submitting-diags#latest
    >
    > 2) My ISP hasn’t changed, it is the same as 2 years ago when I was getting 50ms
    >
    > 3) TERA’s servers/ISP has changed since then
    >
    > 4) This only happens on this game, no other game makes me have random lag and ping spikes
    >
    > 5) I live on the East Coast where I should have sub 30ms ping at least
    >
    >
    > All of this leads me to believe it’s EME related, now, you can be an ignorant and ignore all of that and continue to defend EME, that’s up to you, but keep in mind that just because you’re one of the lucky few without ping issues it doesn’t mean we don’t exist. The thread I posted alone should make you realize it’s server sided.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > when will this game just die so this forum can rest in peace. over 2 years that thread ain't even year old yet anyways there got be some routing issues some where idk why EME Changed isp did they say idk idc either we will never know why. if they change again there will be other in the same boat as you so who's to blame then the incompetent service providers that only want money and wont spend money to make sure their customers are ok.

If you would pay any attention to what I’m saying and stop babbling nonsense you’d know that I literally said “the thread is only a year old, but the issue has been ongoing for over 2 years.”
    I could go back and dig up official threads about it from 2016 if you’d like, but unless you ask me to I won’t cause lazy :v
    If you would pay any attention to what I’m saying and stop babbling nonsense you’d know that I literally said “the thread is only a year old, but the issue has been ongoing for over 2 years.”
    I could go back and dig up official threads about it from 2016 if you’d like, but unless you ask me to I won’t cause lazy :v

FWIW, their provider is dual-homed, and they have two choices: Savvis or Zayo. At various times, they've tried swapping between these two options, and it helped/hurt different groups of people. I am betting they could try switching to Savvis again and seeing what happened -- it might solve it for you, but I'm pretty sure we'd then get a different group complaining (as happened past times). If they changed server locations and thus were on different backbone(s), that would probably also change things up, but it's rolling the dice.

That isn't to say that all the problems are routing by any means. But the problems that thread you noted is referring to are.