More updates to the TERA x PUBG Event! Check the announcements for further details: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30912/more-pubg-x-tera-event-updates/p1?new=1
TERA x PUBG is available on all platforms! Learn about our fun crossover event with here: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-x-pubg

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• clfarron4 wrote: »

So, what was the goal of the last three weeks, and how does the reality of what has happened compare to what the expectations were?

IMO they are now exactly like that dog that is chasing it's own tail
  • what I don't understand is, what is the point of eme turning a blind eye when the people making the 3rd party software is going to quit supporting tera na after the 16th of this month. so enjoy your 3rd party software for the next 4 days when it expires lol.
  • MazziveMazzive ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    For the sake of the player base Tera NA will stop updating the game so ppl will be able to use the proxy or the alternative is to officially announce that proxy is allowed
  • Please Enmasse I beg you!!! Talk to caali so we can have at least skill prediction and FPS utils. The game is unplayable without it, whose [filtered] I have to suck to make it happen? Just stop being so stubborn. Concede this one for the community and for once do the right thing. I will even spend 100 USD on your cash grab pay2win boxes. P L E A S E !
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    thsyfgs wrote: »
    Please Enmasse I beg you!!! Talk to caali so we can have at least skill prediction and FPS utils. The game is unplayable without it, whose [filtered] I have to suck to make it happen? Just stop being so stubborn. Concede this one for the community and for once do the right thing. I will even spend 100 USD on your cash grab pay2win boxes. P L E A S E !

They've already spoken to Caali, there is a post about it on his site thing with screenshots of the convo.
  • Vinyltails wrote: »
    thsyfgs wrote: »
    Please Enmasse I beg you!!! Talk to caali so we can have at least skill prediction and FPS utils. The game is unplayable without it, whose [filtered] I have to suck to make it happen? Just stop being so stubborn. Concede this one for the community and for once do the right thing. I will even spend 100 USD on your cash grab pay2win boxes. P L E A S E !

They've already spoken to Caali, there is a post about it on his site thing with screenshots of the convo.

i think he was referring to caali's statement in reaction to the recently announced news:
    EME just added another statement about proxy usage (https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/265512/#Comment_265512), which implicitly says "We'll turn a blind eye to proxy as long as you stay ethical, but we can ban you at any time for using it", which is pretty much the same way other publishers approach proxy. I do appreciate their efforts to further stop the exodus and dissatisfaction.

However, while this statement pretty much reverts their stance on proxy to how things were before the DMCAs, it is still no clearly expressed legal assurance for the developers which I asked for earlier. Please understand that I am not willing to expose myself to the risk of potential legal complications by just reimplementing NA proxy support. Without a clear and legally binding statement from EME, doing so would essentially be equivalent to just ignoring their DMCA takedowns, which is obviously not free of legal risks. Hence, there will not be NA proxy support unless they provide such a statement.

If EME is interested in reinstating proxy as a short-term solution, which in my opinion would greatly benefit the players who are still loyal to the NA servers, but don't feel comfortable with just allowing proxy altogether with a vague restriction such as "no cheats", they are welcome to discuss a potential module whitelist with me, the other third-party developers, and/or the community. I am certain that skill-prediction and fps-utils should be on such a list. A part of this discussion should also be a xigncode removal/bypass solution - at least for the players who are unable to play the game with xigncode, since they're using a non-Windows operating system.

his reaction seems reasonable to me. the takedowns came as a total surprise so he wants some kind of ensurance. this is truly a [filtered] situation for eme to be in, but they've gotten themselves into that. now they seem to just want things to go back to before the legal action. but there's no way they will come out of this unharmed, too much damage has been done.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Superp117 wrote: »
    This all couldve been avoided, the population in NA would still be bustling like
    lol
  • Hey I'm all for returning to Tera NA if we can get our proxies and xigncode bypass back. But either way this just looks so bad for EME. Having to flip flop on their position and in the end no one is happy.
  • We'll turn a blind eye to proxy as long as you stay ethical, but we can ban you at any time for using it

If you choose to use third-party programs, you do so at the risk of your En Masse account being banned.

what is this??? did EME trolling us?
  • This whole situation looks so bad...
    Even if they'll build their own SP and dps meter, there are still lots of issues at hand - while in EU Tera there are so much more players with Oath gear than in NA, NA barely has players with that gear due to rarity of Golden Talents and Silver talents + EU's events are way better....
    There are so many stuff that NA has to change , these are not the only problems.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ok so in regards to their statement about allowing proxies, I have a few things to say.

1) To all the sanctimonious sheep that argued with me over this subject, and boasted how their precious EME will "take care" of proxies and get rid of them, the only thing I have to say is... ha ha! I told you so, you dumb mother... what, who did you think was more important? the casual carries or the invested carriers? the weekly and monthly spenders or the beneficiary talkers sitting on their "anti proxy high horse"? EME are doing the only thing they can. And that is to cater to the golden goose, so their game won`t die. It is that simple. It is as I have said along time ago: when all is said and done, even the smart ones and the people who are truly helpful cannot change this level of powerlessness at the face of the possible consequences of taking action against proxies. Isn't that right, Counterpoint? ;) I will admit however that I never imagined EME would actually try this. Did you enjoy the ride, EME?

2) @KitTeaCup I`m glad to see that EME is leaning twoards "options 2" in my suggestion thread. It is the most cost effective solution. I`m glad you are doing your best to prevent Tera NA from becoming Tera Chicago. On a side note though, I am aware that there are other issues and I think that you shouldn't have done this in the first place. You should have left things the way that there were, as right now nobody in their right mind would actually trust you, as you are truly unreliable. But I don`t really care about that, being as I kept bothering with this game purely for my friends. Everything else is meaningless.

3) To express my own support with this decision, I can confirm that myself, as well as the entire guild I was in, will return to NA if you allow proxies back.Some of them are quite the spenders :+1: Thank you for attempting to redeem yourselves. Now lets see if you can actually do it!
  • LordXenonLordXenon ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Honestly, after this whole mess, I need to ask: What the hell do EME employees do for most of their work day? Tickets are unanswered, it takes you 8+ days to get an announcement out, there are many unresolved issues from months past still hanging in the air, etc. The only thing I see come out are occasional forum posts and announcements for events, as well as them deleting posts when they need to do damage control. That's about it.