Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

1616264666773

Comments

  • LordXenonLordXenon ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    LordXenon wrote: »
    Honestly, after this whole mess, I need to ask: What the hell do EME employees do for most of their work day? Tickets are unanswered, it takes you 8+ days to get an announcement out, there are many unresolved issues from months past still hanging in the air, etc. The only thing I see come out are occasional forum posts and announcements for events, as well as them deleting posts when they need to do damage control. That's about it.

    On rare chances, tickets get out of queue. If it's been longer than 3 business days, unless you're told to wait, then wait up to 5-7 business days. I've always gotten a response within 2-3 business days. Half of the people complaining are people who are just upset they aren't getting 24-hour response times, and they over-exaggerate. I hope you're not one of them.
    Nah, I usually have decent response times. Them actually cooperating with me as of recent is a different story, tho. But with how this whole situation is shaping up to be, I'm willing to believe that other tickets aren't getting responded to in a proper timeframe hence my inclusion of it. I'll also say this: The support team is probably the only team I've actually seen trying to do something, even if they can't do much. The rest, not so much.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Honestly, I find your calling me out like this for a statement made 14 months ago kind of creepy. I don't need to be used as some weird pawn in this childish "look at how powerful we are for making EME kneel" posturing, and you could have made your point just as well without it. I hope that they develop an actual solution that addresses the problem one way or another. That's all I want to worry about right now.

    @counterpoint you are thinking too much into this. I simply have a good memory and I was bored. So in order to pass my time I felt like using you as an example in the current subject. I didn't call you a "pawn" but if you insist sure, why not. I could play along. You are one of the more clever fellows here after all, and you are a council member. So if I would continue with what you suggested, then, in a way, you do kind of represent something. So you wouldn't just be "a pawn", you would be a good one. Some people here do in fact look at you for answers and sometimes even technical support. Quite a disposition if you ask me, all things considered. So... yeah showing people that you were wrong and that EME was wrong, does make a statement. Thats poetic. I`m impressed. Thanks! :lol:

    Seriously tho, you were right about one thing. This problem will be addressed one way or another, and EME is responsible for this. They will either fix this problem, or Tera NA will die much sooner then it would have otherwise.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Starkhoe wrote: »
    or Tera NA will die much sooner then it would have otherwise.
    -the millionth person to claim this
  • Starkhoe wrote: »
    Honestly, I find your calling me out like this for a statement made 14 months ago kind of creepy. I don't need to be used as some weird pawn in this childish "look at how powerful we are for making EME kneel" posturing, and you could have made your point just as well without it. I hope that they develop an actual solution that addresses the problem one way or another. That's all I want to worry about right now.

    @counterpoint you are thinking too much into this. I simply have a good memory and I was bored. So in order to pass my time I felt like using you as an example in the current subject. I didn't call you a "pawn" but if you insist sure, why not. I could play along. You are one of the more clever fellows here after all, and you are a council member. So if I would continue with what you suggested, then, in a way, you do kind of represent something. So you wouldn't just be "a pawn", you would be a good one. Some people here do in fact look at you for answers and sometimes even technical support. Quite a disposition if you ask me, all things considered. So... yeah showing people that you were wrong and that EME was wrong, does make a statement. Thats poetic. I`m impressed. Thanks! :lol:

    Somehow you made it even more creepy. Could you please just leave me out of this?
  • metagame wrote: »
    Starkhoe wrote: »
    or Tera NA will die much sooner then it would have otherwise.
    -the millionth person to claim this

    The millionth person? well aren't we optimistic:lol: tho sure. I get it. I`m overstating. That must be it. Obviously EME are negotiating with Calli and all those other third parties because things are going great! the population must be healthier then ever!
  • Somehow you made it even more creepy. Could you please just leave me out of this?

    Oh your one to talk :lol: your someone that has his lips so far up in EMEs keister, some people might even mistake you for someone that actually gets paid for something. Which isn't true because you don`t get paid and money can`t buy what you are. Your like a wannabe employee on steroids man. Its great! I hope the perks are worth it! so believe me when I tell you that id rather come off as "creepy", then be what you are :lol: the funniest part tho, you didn't have a say in this to begin with :+1: Don`t worry. there's no need to reply to this. You have no further use. I wont reply if you wont.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    go away mistytera alt
  • Superp117 wrote: »
    You had a point, at some point, now youre coming off as antagonistic.

    @Superp117 you are half correct. I did make my point elsewhere, but I don`t think that i`m displaying actual animosity. Its just harmless smack talk and its not really personal. Just an act of boredom. Only a fool would think too much into this. Besides. You are thinking in linear terms, public perception. The people whose opinion does matter to me have left NA because of whats been going on here. They weren't even cheaters, just people that suffered from a high ping tax. And now we all have to start from scratch on EU just because EME decided to suddenly pretend to care about proxies and their TOS, after years of silently benefiting from third party software. So excuse me for lacking sympathy towards any of their advocates, and all the hypocrites that follow.

    I`m.. not sure if you ever read some of my posts, but for me this place is like watching a TV show. And until EME fixes what they did wrong, I wouldn't care even if I came off as pure evil, or even if I got banned from the forums.
  • Stop going at counterpoint.

    Man can do whatever he wants. If counterpoint want to invest time helping new players and answering questions so be it. You can also do what you want and waste your own time going after someone else.

    to bring up a post more than a year ago severely implies to me that you have some form of actual grudge or hate towards the guy. again you say it is act of boredom and probably true. but just makes you seem hypocritical and desperate.

    Also yes you can whatever you want. But you still look like a total idiot.

    You said you went to EU? Good. Do not come back because you will whine and find other problems you would not like anyways. Stop typing on forums and giving other actual proxy player still willing to play on NA a bad image, as being a toxic resentful [filtered] who is throwing insults on anyone that could be possibly associated with EME with the thinnest threads. If you really were bored you would go grind on eu like you said lol. not going back 14 months ago just to re attack someone randomly. @Starkhoe
  • Also one thing i want to clear because it bothers me. What has been wrong from what I can see is EME DMCA proxy. BUT EmE did not introduce proxy and take it away. You are not entitled to it, even though with proxy it can help players come back and have a better relationship overall with ping and staff BUT you are not entitled to scripts, instant macro, and auto lock no matter how much you feel it should already been in a game or addressed anyways. It is your choice not to play when proxy was removed for most people. Only thing I can understand is xigncode, but everything else is different. You ARE NOT ENTITLED OR SHOULD HAVE SCRIPTS! IF YOU CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT IT THEN THAT IS YOUR CHOICE. EME Is not "wrong" outside of DMCA and stuff regarding base SP. But that is that.

    I do not think if everyone had 50 -60 they will be satisifed. People will still say we need proxy to play the actual game. Does not matter if everyone ping is 40, 30 , 20. Everyone will still want lower and lower ping aka 0 or 1 and that is the greed of people who never satisfied.
  • Man, this answer is dissapointing at best.
    It basically means nothing, the proxies are DMCA'd so unless a leaglly binding 'pass' is given to them, no Dev will try to re implement it. The risk of legal actions being taken against them AGAIN is not something anyone would ignore..
    Now, because of this...
    How is "we will tolerate them" any useful if we won't have anything for them to tolerate? The proxies and other tools will expire soon, so the issue will remain as is.

    This last statement by kitea is really empty, the change in stance is clear but no actions are being taken to show its veracity... It's all in word, and in all honesty, it's almost imposible to trust.
    What's more, they asked for one week's time to be able to tell us not only what was to be done, but *when* it would be done.
    Well..we have not gotten either answer yet.
    I don't know what to say anymore...
    I'm glad for this change of stance, but its really meaningless unless they can act fast..
    Actions are what are needed to prove the players this is not just damage control and that something is being done of the issue. Both long and short term solutions are needed for this.
    EME, show us you care!
    (And, no, dropping cash grabby lootboxes in the game doesn't help)

    PS,
    Hope's the last thing you lose.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    Stop going at counterpoint.

    Man can do whatever he wants. If counterpoint want to invest time helping new players and answering questions so be it. You can also do what you want and waste your own time going after someone else.

    to bring up a post more than a year ago severely implies to me that you have some form of actual grudge or hate towards the guy. again you say it is act of boredom and probably true. but just makes you seem hypocritical and desperate.

    Also yes you can whatever you want. But you still look like a total idiot.

    You said you went to EU? Good. Do not come back because you will whine and find other problems you would not like anyways. Stop typing on forums and giving other actual proxy player still willing to play on NA a bad image, as being a toxic resentful [filtered] who is throwing insults on anyone that could be possibly associated with EME with the thinnest threads. If you really were bored you would go grind on eu like you said lol. not going back 14 months ago just to re attack someone randomly. @Starkhoe

    We`ll i`ll be! :open_mouth: I didn't know he had dumbass fangirls like you, kneeling on all four like that! now that's devotion! I love it. Unfortunately you don`t seem intelligent enough to warrant an actual response. But that doesn't matter. I accept you as you are, and i`ll buy you more Vaseline for your birthday. keep it up baby girl! I gave you a like! :joy:
  • walking1987walking1987 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Hi TERA Players,


    Right now, we are working with Bluehole to determine what we can implement alongside our current roadmap. We want to share with you more than a "yes, we'll do XYZ", but a "yes, we'll do XYZ, here is when".


    The TERA PC Team

    @KitTeaCup

    So, where is this "when"?

    At this point, it's very crucial to give a time frame. Otherwise, the whole statement was just saying: "We might do some stuff in the future."

    If you are the player and seeing this kind of statement from the game publisher, what would you think?

    How do I convince my friends to come back to TERA with this???

    It's not that hard, just put yourself in our shoes and think a little bit...are you even convinced by your own statement?
  • YabiYabi ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I really thought I wouldn't, but I started playing on eu. There are too many problems and uncertainty here. The proxy problem is just one of many issues that will go unsolved.

    EUs fashion store and dressing room is complete and excellent. I have no trouble getting coupons. They have nice events going on and codes. No one is starving for talents. Playing with a constant 118 ping isn't so bad, and the game seems to be optimized better. The patch notes are on the front and are up to date. No xigncode.

    I don't mind starting from scratch because of things like this. Players aren't being neglected at EU as far as I can tell.
Sign In or Register to comment.