[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

16768697173

Comments

  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    @DYLW5HFXJH
    The only reason you're seeing people still playing is because there's a working proxy, I don't know if you were playing during the week the ordeal happened, but it was a ghost town until the discord for the new proxy was made and people started using it + EME's "unofficial" allowing of the use SP.

    I do agree with you that SP in PvP is not balanced and highly unfair, I personally only use it for PvE, but not everyone thinks or acts like me.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DYLW5HFXJH
    I'd say that the reason skill prediction became as commonplace as it is now is because game became a lot more ping dependant. Timers didn't used to be so tight, dps checks weren't so scary before. Someone that had a decent grasp could pass those easily in the past. But I feel like BHS has been making the game harder with all the unblockable/uniframeable mechanics as well (and more fun for low ping players!) and that resulted in high ping players suffering.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Unpinned/hidden/locked theory let's go.

    I'm saying in two-weeks.

    Also not good to spread news about certain things that it's best to kept on the low end anyways. People just have bigger mouths to ruin it all without knowing consequences. Parents didn't teach them well.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Timers didn't used to be so tight, dps checks weren't so scary before.
    and the biggest argument to this wasn't ping, but the lack of damage due to the dungeon being balanced around talents. now that we're getting them, this isn't an excuse.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Timers didn't used to be so tight, dps checks weren't so scary before.
    and the biggest argument to this wasn't ping, but the lack of damage due to the dungeon being balanced around talents. now that we're getting them, this isn't an excuse.

    Of course, but ping only made the situation worse.
    You're dumb to think 200 ping players will give up sp (or should) because talents came around, now that they're experienced low ping gameplay.
  • EME unbanning all the banned proxy users.Player count so low you gotta unban people and beg them to come back lol. On top of that they went and unbanned the memeslashers and exploiters because they think thats the same as proxy. fETlYaJ.png
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    > @AlexWasBored said:
    > EME unbanning all the banned proxy users.Player count so low you gotta unban people and beg them to come back lol. On top of that they went and unbanned the memeslashers and exploiters because they think thats the same as proxy.

    I like how they only mentioned dps meters even though they did say like dps meters and still haven't stated what they are willing to accept , even be it for the period , or what/when they will provide them self to assist removing the problems
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    EME unbanning all the banned proxy users.Player count so low you gotta unban people and beg them to come back lol. On top of that they went and unbanned the memeslashers and exploiters because they think thats the same as proxy. fETlYaJ.png

    So does this mean proxy can be used now without a risk of a ban?
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    You're dumb to think 200 ping players will give up sp (or should) because talents came around, now that they're experienced low ping gameplay.
    and you're also pretty dim to not realize that my previous post made no mention of proxy. players with both low and high ping have made the complaint i mentioned in the past.
  • Pwhoops wrote: »
    @DYLW5HFXJH
    The only reason you're seeing people still playing is because there's a working proxy, I don't know if you were playing during the week the ordeal happened, but it was a ghost town until the discord for the new proxy was made and people started using it + EME's "unofficial" allowing of the use SP.

    I do agree with you that SP in PvP is not balanced and highly unfair, I personally only use it for PvE, but not everyone thinks or acts like me.

    The announcement for the new discord channels was before the caali proxy stopped working, quite early, like a day or two, after caali made the announcement. I was more surprised than I thought I would be. Not because I didn't expect it to be working again so soon, but because I had hoped at the very least it would have broken up some of the hit button for download receive 600k dps and advantage in pvp, honestly as elitist as they are ignorant players groups a bit. I feel that with the exception of some players who actually like, lost the ability to play and died to 3 second iframe ping disparity anyway, a large amount of the backlash and 'leaving' was part of a spoiled movement. These are some of the same kids who used to fling mud at each other and point fingers at who was using what add-ons just to get one up.

    Also in the community we have, it's unbalanced in PvE as well, especially on specific classes. There are titles and rewards given for being top tier. Being able to do more damage in a quicker amount of time, means you're getting more loot. While that may contribute from your skill as well, there are many players, well maybe not many depending on where you hover in rank, but enough similar players around your skill bar to confidently say that you are gaining a time advantage over someone in your same shoes. Like I said in my previous post, lag compensation is pretty nice, but [filtered] at an unreal 3 engine developed in 2010 and released in 2011 game in 2018 proper future proofing is like asking my DS to be a switch.

    Like actually though, do you think EME or BHS gives a crap about BALANCE? They prob got like two jobs, keep the economy from completely shitting the bed by overdoing it and stop the servers and community from lighting on fire as best as possible at EME, and If BHS cared about NA balance it wouldn't have released a talent system and then balanced around it on talents on other servers without them lmao. They care about M O N E Y, Proxy costumes prob takes a good chunk of it too. Only reason they're responding with this knee [filtered] is because the community is already toxic and blew this way way out of proportion. You got kids like that meth dude talkin bout how the game way meant to be played and how nobody else is doing it right. Tell that to the little erpers who bought up them elin costumes and gave you the ability to run parse runs 3 years later. I stand by my earlier statements that if all of the parse run people and a majority of the add-on abusing players left this game would hang on by more than a thread on elite subs and new players buying emp alone worldwide. It would definitely hurt, but don't act like you're gonna kill this game because you couldn't pull your highest score, you're just putting some dude out of a job.
  • It clearly shows that your 'ticket is updated'... :smirk:

    EME is indeed very lenient. And they have a really, really soft spot for people bawling their eyeballs out.
    This is the very reason why i love Tera NA. They literally admitted that its still against their ToS, but..... its still a game, and everyone should have a good time. Hopefully their plan to update/improve the core game experience will come to fruition.
  • So... They banned people for using proxy and memeslash but now they are unbanning them because proxy was necessary but before that, mEME DMCAed some proxy developers. What's the deal with proxys now? lol
  • @KitTeaCup

    We want to share with you more than a "yes, we'll do XYZ", but a "yes, we'll do XYZ, here is when"

    Hi,
    I'm patiently waiting for the new plans to be revealed. It's been 3 weeks since the last update and over a month since this thread was created. You said you would have something to show us "soon".

    So please deliver on your promises. What are you going to do and when?
    Thanks.
  • AlexWasBoredAlexWasBored ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Shentau wrote: »
    @KitTeaCup

    We want to share with you more than a "yes, we'll do XYZ", but a "yes, we'll do XYZ, here is when"

    Hi,
    I'm patiently waiting for the new plans to be revealed. It's been 3 weeks since the last update and over a month since this thread was created. You said you would have something to show us "soon".

    So please deliver on your promises. What are you going to do and when?
    Thanks.

    They aren't going to do anything. They promised "yes, we'll do XYZ, here is when" but then their next post had no when or anything related to a time period in it. Its just time we give up. The numbers at the moment are shockingly bad. EME are unbanning everyone they ever banned begging them to come back to the game, not realising that all those people will have moved on by this point. And also EME begging the proxy devs to come back to NA. Also EME are trying to inflate the steamcharts numbers to make it look like there are more people playing. Instead of fixing the problems with the game they are trying to artificially inflate the player numbers. They do not care, they just want to make money.
  • Idk man, I’m no business expert, but these gaming companies are [filtered] [filtered]. No other game has the combat system that this game has, so by investing a bit of money to fix issues that have plagued the game since the start I feel like a lot of people would return and start playing again.

    1) Horrible optimization
    2) Remove the grind/RNG
    3) Open-World Content
    4) RNG boxes
    5) Ping based gameplay
    Etc etc
Sign In or Register to comment.