[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Really

Comments

• Topkek92 wrote: »
    using 3rd party tools don't make you a better player, using your brain to play the game does.

I don't think you know what proxy, sp, and fps utils do for people at all, can you at least attempt educate yourself first before you speak.

hmm, let's see here. i've heard it does few things: lowers your ping, also can be used to make different various cheating scripts such as auto AFK broker negotiation, and another to something like dungeon party notice that legit tells you what to do on the dungeon mechanics so you don't pretty much have to use your brain to know and learn the mechanics to the dungeon as reading the party notices will do it for you. so like i said earlier, do not cry about ping if you're dealing with high ping living far away from the server's location, but as for those other things it does, that's a no-no and should be ban-on-site for cheating.
    dungeon party notice that legit tells you what to do on the dungeon mechanics so you don't pretty much have to use your brain to know and learn the mechanics to the dungeon as reading the party notices will do it for you.

There's nothing wrong with that at all. Certain other MMO has a mod that does exactly the same and much more, and it's officially endorsed, virtually everyone uses DBM there. TERA badly needs this too.

lol, is this a joke? the point of players is to learn the dungeon through either reading a guide or learning from just by doing them. if a 3rd party tool tells you what to do for every single mechanic, then that's no skill, that's just called being lazy and not using your brain.
    Topkek92 wrote: »
    using 3rd party tools don't make you a better player, using your brain to play the game does.

I don't think you know what proxy, sp, and fps utils do for people at all, can you at least attempt educate yourself first before you speak.

hmm, let's see here. i've heard it does few things: lowers your ping, also can be used to make different various cheating scripts such as auto AFK broker negotiation, and another to something like dungeon party notice that legit tells you what to do on the dungeon mechanics so you don't pretty much have to use your brain to know and learn the mechanics to the dungeon as reading the party notices will do it for you. so like i said earlier, do not cry about ping if you're dealing with high ping living far away from the server's location, but as for those other things it does, that's a no-no and should be ban-on-site for cheating.

And the fact that you clump everyone together, that's some stupid amount of generalizing. Believe it or not, a lot of people actually suffers from ping that is so bad that they can't even chain skills, and by that I mean, hard casting skills that could be a fast cast if combo'd with another skill.

And for me personally I can't run this game without crashing when there are a lot of people around, for example, rally, open world events, CU, guardian mission.

And the sad part is, this didn't used to happen, refer to what I said about the game is less optimized than before as if it was bad enough already.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

This must be one of the most bizarre counterarguments I've ever seen. You're implying that you need external software to be able to figure out what to do against something that you can physically see.

So you need external software to know not to run headlong towards the boss when it flashes red? Or when there are obnoxious indicators that tell you when an environmental hazard is about to hit? Or that those weird little "Skittles" objects provided by the mystic can gives you restoration in a pinch? And those are just off-the-cuff examples.

Being able to play better and being a better player are not the same thing.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    if a 3rd party tool tells you what to do for every single mechanic, then that's no skill, that's just called being lazy and not using your brain.

if that was the case then the game's company would have banned its use, but they actually endorse it

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/13823/cheating-and-third-party-tools-in-tera-you-wont-believe-what-happens-next#latest
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    if a 3rd party tool tells you what to do for every single mechanic, then that's no skill, that's just called being lazy and not using your brain.

if that was the case then the game's company would have banned its use, but they actually endorse it

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/13823/cheating-and-third-party-tools-in-tera-you-wont-believe-what-happens-next#latest

That is actually such a bad one to quote as Noesis had to resign because of this post.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

That is actually such a bad one to quote as Noesis had to resign because of this post.

Na Refugees

Using proxy at Gameforge version is also a baneable offense.

He did not resign anything related to that post, FWIW.

Na Refugees

No [filtered] do you really expect GF to come out and say "we are okay with proxy"?
    No [filtered] they have to say we don't support it.
    But at least what is different is that they are willing to communicate, and actually listen to some of these very talented programmers (please refer to the time where they took advice on something that crashed the server and gave that guy a 50 euro coupon or something)

meanwhile you are here defending EME's decision, and what have EME done?

Absolutely nothing but deleting threads because censoring people is definitely going to make everything better

Na Refugees

No [filtered] do you really expect GF to come out and say "we are okay with proxy"?
    No [filtered] they have to say we don't support it.
    But at least what is different is that they are willing to communicate, and actually listen to some of these very talented programmers (please refer to the time where they took advice on something that crashed the server and gave that guy a 50 euro coupon or something)

meanwhile you are here defending EME's decision, and what have EME done?

Absolutely nothing but deleting threads because censoring people is definitely going to make everything better

Do you imagin TERA without Proxy?

8f6.gif
  • > @ElinUsagi said:
    > Do you imagin TERA without Proxy?

So now you completely ignore what I said. Now can you go back to the fact that GF is doing a much better job at keeping people happy, because EME is literally not replying right now. This type of north korean censorship is not the first time this happens.

Now you would also need a much better gif of about 2 people holding hands together.
This discussion has been closed.