[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Really

124»

Comments

• Now you would also need a much better gif of about 2 people holding hands together.

You mean this? xD

181001-kim-trump-mc-1522_c9fd41aec03237aee8aebe5a730a7f9b.fit-2000w.JPG

Thank you bud.
  • Look Cheech and Chong
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ok, I'm just going to leave this question here to all the AWAY WITH PROXY people out there: say, you're running a dungeon, how do you identify who is using proxy and who isn't?

(wont talk about pvp because i dont pvp so i have no knowledge to talk about it) and eme please im genuinely curious can you hold on the deletes for a bit?
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Do you imagin TERA without Proxy?

8f6.gif

You do realize that this gif is showing a lonely guy dreaming about happy people, and not actually just the happy people? In there, the lonely guy is reality, the community the illusion... ;)
  • ItzMirai wrote: »
    Ok, I'm just going to leave this question here to all the AWAY WITH PROXY people out there: say, you're running a dungeon, how do you identify who is using proxy and who isn't?

(wont talk about pvp because i dont pvp so i have no knowledge to talk about it) and eme please im genuinely curious can you hold on the deletes for a bit?

You generally (or at least I generally) can't tell.

Unless they do obvious cheats like memeslash, or using a dungeons guide, if they're using the actual useful and proper mods, I generally can't tell, because it just seem like they're playing like everybody else.
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    ItzMirai wrote: »

You generally (or at least I generally) can't tell.

Unless they do obvious cheats like memeslash, or using a dungeons guide, if they're using the actual useful and proper mods, I generally can't tell, because it just seem like they're playing like everybody else.

Thank you for taking your time :)

It may seem a useless point I'm trying to make here but it IS valid. You won't know who uses proxy or not if they are not using it for whatever exploits there may be. Proxy and these 2 "default" modes (SP and FPS) do nothing bad by themselves. That's where the players who use proxy for these QoL things differentiate from whoever somehow manages to make bad mods for it.
    Using these type of mods do not affect other people in any way. If anything they help since, well, you do more damage, your party appreciates that. But still there are people lumping everyone together. Yes it is against the ToS but really... does it directly affect your gameplay? It does not when you don't even know who is in fact using SP or not...

Unfortunately this situation doesn't have a black or white kind of thing but it really saddens me (and a lot of the community too as we can notice) to see EME approach 3rd party stuff so harshly and suddenly....
  • ItzMirai wrote: »
    Unfortunately this situation doesn't have a black or white kind of thing but it really saddens me.

Yep so basically everybody gets painted by a broad brush and being labelled as "cheaters" because of some bad apples. What also made me really sad is that some people refuse to educate themselves on the topic as well, keep quoting the TOS like it's the bibble, believe that without proxy we can all play at a "fair ground" when really so many people are disadvantaged because not living in Chicago.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Topkek92 wrote: »
    if a 3rd party tool tells you what to do for every single mechanic, then that's no skill, that's just called being lazy and not using your brain.

if that was the case then the game's company would have banned its use, but they actually endorse it

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/13823/cheating-and-third-party-tools-in-tera-you-wont-believe-what-happens-next#latest

That is actually such a bad one to quote as Noesis had to resign because of this post.

Na Refugees

Using proxy at Gameforge version is also a baneable offense.

No [filtered] do you really expect GF to come out and say "we are okay with proxy"?
    No [filtered] they have to say we don't support it.
    But at least what is different is that they are willing to communicate, and actually listen to some of these very talented programmers (please refer to the time where they took advice on something that crashed the server and gave that guy a 50 euro coupon or something)

meanwhile you are here defending EME's decision, and what have EME done?

Absolutely nothing but deleting threads because censoring people is definitely going to make everything better

Do you imagin TERA without Proxy?

8f6.gif

Yes, I can imagine TERA in a situation without proxy. It could have started 6 years ago. It could have started 18 months ago when EME made their stance against proxy known. It could have started in Summer last year when memeslash happened. It could have started when the chat bug was revealed. It could have started before the DMCA happened. There have been so many opportunities that EME have pushed away. So many opportunities to implement all of these:
    - FPS optimisations
    - Ping Tax Equalisation
    - A UI that renders natively in English for the NA region (instead of the current where it renders in Korean and then re-renders in English)
    - No lag from item buffs (such as Nostrums, or the mess that is noctenium calling your entire inventory twice for each one you use)
    - A chat that could sanitise input text properly
    - A way of dropping HP with a consumable for Slaying runs
    - Swimming without crashing
    - State-tracking so that all your characters loaded properly, even if you crash at an opportune moment.
    - A setting to disable the "X enchanted Y" and "X looted Y from Z" notices

These have all been suggested to EME and explained to EME, for the purposes of forwarding on to BHS in some shape or form by the community.

And how would the game have been if this happened? The gameplay would be exactly the same as it is today, just without the massive schism between the various groups and everyone for the most part would be happy.
  • If all this abundant load of crap is the case, then EME and BHS should IP region lock the game. Problem solved.
    Then no more ridiculous reasonings of any kind.
  • VirtualONVirtualON ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    ElinUsagi is so fuking dumb even his GIF betrayes his idea and he keeps posting it. Irrelevant erplords defending EME.

Still waiting for him to define what 3rd pt program is not allowed. Ofc he will ignore when owned by reason and logic.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    VirtualON wrote: »
    ElinUsagi is so fuking dumb even his GIF betrayes his idea and he keeps posting it. Irrelevant erplords defending EME.

Still waiting for him to define what 3rd pt program is not allowed. Ofc he will ignore when owned by reason and logic.

You already got your answer from Noesis last year, you people are so blind or are idiots that cant read.
This discussion has been closed.