[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

This has been against the rules SINCE DAY 1. Why are you crying so much?

124»

Comments

• JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    I'm like, not even against the use of non-cheat tools that fix mEME's routing and provide a less bad ping. I'm not against UI mods that fix FPS dips.
    But, this stupid idea that "90% uses it you'll be playing alone when this gets banned" just has to stop. It's outright stupid.

At least, keep a little bit more of an idea on how big is the demographic of those tools and stuff that you claim being the saving grace of the game that "you cannot even start the game without" and BS alike.
    *With this, I mean no one in specific, but EVERYONE that spews that stupid exaggeration. No, you're not a vast majority, stop that.

Agreed, Proxy/DPS meter users dropping off after the 16th won't add up to 90% of the player base, but there's no doubting there will be a noticeable drop in player count. Of that there is no doubt.

I'm personally guessing 10-15% drop in player count, as a conservative estimate. But on the other hand, the more important question is, what kind of players are going to be dropping off? I think THAT question has a lot more weight behind it than the raw numbers.

If only 10% of payers drop off from this, but that 10% of players is the dedicated players putting in 20, 30, 40 or more hours per week into this game, actually playing it and not AFKing in Highwatch - that has a MUCH larger impact on the quality of the game than if the 10% of people who drop off are just that - AFKers in HIghwatch.

Even worse - no doubt some of these people who will be leaving NA are people who are of the dedicated demographic. Who else would go to the lengths these people did just to play the game like anyone else? These people are also probably among the higher paying people whose actual monetary support helps keep Tera running in NA.
  • llllllllllll ✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    The bit about "I treat people the way they've shown they want to be treated." must have escaped you. People have shown that this is how they've wanted to be treated, so this is how I treat them.

"the way they've shown they want to be treated." According to who? Yourself? You're trying to justify plain toxicity, I have no idea why I'm still arguing with you (or why you still spend the time and effort trying to have the last word in a lost argument)
  • Jerichow wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    I'm like, not even against the use of non-cheat tools that fix mEME's routing and provide a less bad ping. I'm not against UI mods that fix FPS dips.
    But, this stupid idea that "90% uses it you'll be playing alone when this gets banned" just has to stop. It's outright stupid.

At least, keep a little bit more of an idea on how big is the demographic of those tools and stuff that you claim being the saving grace of the game that "you cannot even start the game without" and BS alike.
    *With this, I mean no one in specific, but EVERYONE that spews that stupid exaggeration. No, you're not a vast majority, stop that.

Agreed, Proxy/DPS meter users dropping off after the 16th won't add up to 90% of the player base, but there's no doubting there will be a noticeable drop in player count. Of that there is no doubt.

I'm personally guessing 10-15% drop in player count, as a conservative estimate. But on the other hand, the more important question is, what kind of players are going to be dropping off? I think THAT question has a lot more weight behind it than the raw numbers.

If only 10% of payers drop off from this, but that 10% of players is the dedicated players putting in 20, 30, 40 or more hours per week into this game, actually playing it and not AFKing in Highwatch - that has a MUCH larger impact on the quality of the game than if the 10% of people who drop off are just that - AFKers in HIghwatch.

Even worse - no doubt some of these people who will be leaving NA are people who are of the dedicated demographic. Who else would go to the lengths these people did just to play the game like anyone else? These people are also probably among the higher paying people whose actual monetary support helps keep Tera running in NA.
    Pretty much this. EME has killed off the entire competitive portion of the player base. NA Tera won't recover from this.
  • Because the risk to take for playing properly is understandable, and not even that dangerous in reality, the game is enjoyable and a lot of people love it, but at 200ms and 20fps is near impossible to perform well, and it grows stale, proxy makes the game fun for a lot of people, and that's the end goal of any game, and once proxy is gone, the fun gets thrown out of the window with it.

And if they get banned for using the tool that makes the game enjoyable at that ping and fps... then they might as well be gone, as it isn't fun anymore.

I feel bad though, they get to enjoy a game with an incredible combat system (even putting in some money into it), and now the thing that made it enjoyable is gone, and I see people saying things like "You shouldn't play if you have that ping, and if you do deal with it", how inconsiderate can someone be? it blows my mind that they can't see the blatant difference between the normal player that solves the well known issues with proxy and hackers, and it blows it even more to see how inhumanely they can treat others "You don't deserve to play because where you were born, and if you do deal with it" "you don't deserve to play because you can't afford a better gaming gig, and if you do deal with it" "If you don't like it then leave, don't try to change how it has always been" it's inconsiderate at best and xenophobic at worst, seems like people want to dictate how other people ought to act even when they're not in the same conditions.