[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

EME dont care about players with high ping

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right, they don't care. In EME's mind, proxy developers and anyone creating third party programs for their game are a threat, so EME is going to go after them. And EME is completely within their right to do that. HOWEVER, I would argue that it was definitely not in the company's best interest to go after these developers. For years, proxy developers have been fixing EME's game for free while EME "forwarded it to bhs" and left it at that. Proxy developers helped make tera NA playable (ping-wise) from virtually anywhere in the world, effectively netting EME more players and more money. And those same developers tried to contact EME at the height of proxy-hysteria, only to be ignored. EME responded to a free and passionate devteam by slandering them regularly, lumping them all into a malicious category, DMCAing their github pages, and filing claims against them on discord to have their accounts and servers removed.

So now that EME has eliminated a group willing to work for them for free, I sure hope EME has solutions to ping dependency, xigncode incompatibility, desync, damage measurement, the laggy UI, and god knows what else. In my opinion, this was a real case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" and EME really shot themselves in the foot over this. A better team would have communicated with these developers and worked with them. If it truly bothers you, just play a different game. Don't contribute to their statistics. Don't give white knights an idle body to point to so they can pretend the game's alive and well. Just do something else and try not to think about how some basic communication could have made things better for everyone.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    You're right, they don't care. In EME's mind, proxy developers and anyone creating third party programs for their game are a threat, so EME is going to go after them. And EME is completely within their right to do that. HOWEVER, I would argue that it was definitely not in the company's best interest to go after these developers. For years, proxy developers have been fixing EME's game for free while EME "forwarded it to bhs" and left it at that. Proxy developers helped make tera NA playable (ping-wise) from virtually anywhere in the world, effectively netting EME more players and more money. And those same developers tried to contact EME at the height of proxy-hysteria, only to be ignored. EME responded to a free and passionate devteam by slandering them regularly, lumping them all into a malicious category, DMCAing their github pages, and filing claims against them on discord to have their accounts and servers removed.

So now that EME has eliminated a group willing to work for them for free, I sure hope EME has solutions to ping dependency, xigncode incompatibility, desync, damage measurement, the laggy UI, and god knows what else. In my opinion, this was a real case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" and EME really shot themselves in the foot over this. A better team would have communicated with these developers and worked with them. If it truly bothers you, just play a different game. Don't contribute to their statistics. Don't give white knights an idle body to point to so they can pretend the game's alive and well. Just do something else and try not to think about how some basic communication could have made things better for everyone.

I'm not going to dispute that EME staff, and ultimately their BHS overlords, have not handled this properly, but you keep posting "muh white knights" like it means anything. It's because of this sort of ignorant shitposting, and garbage like this, that makes it hard to take you and your people seriously. Facts ≠ whiteknighting.
    Syzender wrote: »
    ok, u probably are not on NA server

Holy [filtered] you are stupid. What network are we on? The En Masse network. What region is En Masse responsible for? The North American (NA) region. You. Are. On. At. A. Time. When. The. Vast. Majority. Of. Players. Are. Sleeping. And. Are. Trying. To. Cite. This. As. A. Basis. For. Overall. Player. Activity.

>you and your people
    >all this virtue signalling
    It's like I'm arguing politics on Twitter. When you're willing to engage in the actual contents of my post instead of a single word that triggers you, hit me up.