An Open Discussion to everyone.

Comments

• RyusamaRyusama ✭✭✭
    I dont want to be rude OP, you seem like a cool guy and most likely i've seen you in-game before, but that is the logic of a beaten wife.

There are some people that has just had enough of mEME's constant abuse, making the game grindier and harder for everyone. This isnt new and has been going on for a looooong time, however this decision of shutting down a tool that helped a lot of players to play the game the way it's meant was the last straw. This is telling to the community to go and jump off a cliff and that they dont care for us, just our money.

So i'd say that half the community couldnt take anymore of mEME's screw ups and decided to leave and take their money elsewhere. It's gonna be quite tough for you guys who will still keep playing the game after the 16th because there wont be people to run anything, so it will directly affect the economy due to supply and demand making everything x10 more expensive including EMP. The actual cheaters will keep running rampant and abusing and there will be a return of Pay To Win era to get best gear.

I've been playing since 2013, back then i had a potato PC and now i have a microwave PC and it saddens me a lot to see the game dying this way after all these years.
  • edited October 2018
    Aryd wrote: »
    most believe this to be a massive selling point to BHS, etc. and admitting that their servers can't handle what they need to would cause BHS and any other gaming company to cut ties with them

Just FWIW, BHS and EME have the same owners/investors. BHS literally has personnel working inside EME's Seattle office. People from BHS help them directly with server issues. It's impossible for this to be some sort of "cover-up" or for BHS to "cut ties" with them -- for all intents and purposes, they are them. That's aside the fact that many (though certainly not all) of the server issues people talk about are really routing issues, and that's a much wider problem.

In general I would just say, if there is actually going to be any sort of resolution on this topic, both sides have to consider their faults with more sober judgement.
  • feminzii wrote: »

Yeah I'm sorry, but imo those "quality of life" modules (like auto lockon, dungeon guides, detailed information about the boss's status and buffs/debuffs appearing on the screen) were unfair. I think if the proxy had remained just the proxy and not all that other stuff, we probably wouldn't even have an issue today.

I didn't even mention the modules that removed the damage numbers from the screen, or the camera zoom fix to alleviate FPS lag. However, I never found anything for Tera-Proxy with an auto-lockon feature, then again, some of the features may have been unrecoverable or not worth mentioning, I suppose. I can admit some were "advantageous" in a time manner, the auto complete for Vanguards sounds like it should be a feature already supported for Tera by EME, but I don't make those choices. I'd also argue that they never broke the game. They never allowed an auto-dodge, they just gave players with high ping a chance to dodge. They gave players without knowledge of a dungeon to have a chance at learning it without being screamed at. (Honestly, the first, I think 3 times I went into RK-9, I died to the rockets each time they landed, because I had literally no idea jumping off the ledge would teleport me back to the boss, and got screamed at and kicked from the group all 3 times, what a way to learn, what I consider now, a pretty easy boss, right?) Right? Can we at least agree on that?
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Feel free to explore outside, the game won't survive without a dps meter.
  • Feel free to explore outside, the game won't survive without a dps meter.

Unfortunaly, due to my current state of health I cannot explore outside. I appreciate the comment though, I would love to get out and go hiking and enjoy life, but unfortunately, I simply can't. That is why I enjoy video games it gives me something to do while recovering.
  • In general I would just say, if there is actually going to be any sort of resolution on this topic, both sides have to consider their faults with more sober judgement.

I honestly couldn't agree more.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    DHEE5KW5FP wrote: »

Unfortunaly, due to my current state of health I cannot explore outside. I appreciate the comment though, I would love to get out and go hiking and enjoy life, but unfortunately, I simply can't. That is why I enjoy video games it gives me something to do while recovering.
    Oh i missed that part huh. i guess op will suffer more then.
  • DHEE5KW5FP wrote: »

Oh i missed that part huh. i guess op will suffer more then.

I am not sure what you have against me, but I won't act hostile toward you. I won't suffer if Tera dies as people say. I will simply move on to a new game if that happens, I still hold hope for Tera because it's how I met a lot of my closest friends, and I would be sad if Tera shut down. Of course. However, I would cherish my memories and look back at all my screenshots and remember my happy times.
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Aryd wrote: »
    feminzii wrote: »

Yeah I'm sorry, but imo those "quality of life" modules (like auto lockon, dungeon guides, detailed information about the boss's status and buffs/debuffs appearing on the screen) were unfair. I think if the proxy had remained just the proxy and not all that other stuff, we probably wouldn't even have an issue today.

I didn't even mention the modules that removed the damage numbers from the screen, or the camera zoom fix to alleviate FPS lag. However, I never found anything for Tera-Proxy with an auto-lockon feature, then again, some of the features may have been unrecoverable or not worth mentioning, I suppose. I can admit some were "advantageous" in a time manner, the auto complete for Vanguards sounds like it should be a feature already supported for Tera by EME, but I don't make those choices. I'd also argue that they never broke the game. They never allowed an auto-dodge, they just gave players with high ping a chance to dodge. They gave players without knowledge of a dungeon to have a chance at learning it without being screamed at. (Honestly, the first, I think 3 times I went into RK-9, I died to the rockets each time they landed, because I had literally no idea jumping off the ledge would teleport me back to the boss, and got screamed at and kicked from the group all 3 times, what a way to learn, what I consider now, a pretty easy boss, right?) Right? Can we at least agree on that?

No, I really don't agree on that. We have it easy enough. By the time content makes its way to us, there's already a full guide out on it. In K-Tera, they've gotta figure all the mechanics out themselves. We really don't need built in dungeon-guides and definitely not ones that some players are going to have and others won't. This is the type of thing that it should be the developer's decision to implement, not the player.

That's honestly just my opinion, it's fine that you disagree. Ultimately neither of our opinions made much difference in how the situation played out.
  • buffonsbuffons ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    @ op there are other good MMOs out there with a friendly and active community. For example Guild Wars 2 is free to play for its core game (although its expansions require you to purchase them) and although the combat is not as smooth it's still very fun. There is also a ton of content and the game runs much better. I'm sure others will have their own suggestions. So IMO it's best to leave tera now while you still have your good memories rather than watch it die a painful agonising death.
  • ArydAryd ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This is the type of thing that it should be the developer's decision to implement, not the player.

Really? That's really not the road of conversation you want to go down, I promise. I'm not trying to be "that guy", I'm just stating that isn't a productive use of anyone's time. I will say, and have said before, EME tends to make it's community believe that they do not know how to play the game they've published.
    (I am not flaming KTC here, I want to point that out ahead of time, it's just pertinent.)

When your CM, your representation, the face of the game, plays the game as a Brawler, with another Brawler in the party, with no glyphs/crystals, has no idea how to run the content she's promoting, and then laughs maniacally because everything she's doing is of no consequence, it creates a large problem with your end-game community. I don't personally care if she specifically doesn't know anything about the end-game, or dungeons, if her thing is leveling, cosplay, RP, running around in circles, that's fine by me. The idea it represents is scary though. People will emulate this. To digress a bit back to the point, yes, there may be a full guide by the time the content reaches us, but we also depend on individuals, the ones who care about the game (and possibly the ones that are leaving) to make these guides for us. Do you have a KTera account? Do you playtest new dungeons on KTera and create guides? Even the guides we do have are outdated, as dungeons continue to change as they're re-released. How can the average person who plays Tera, with or without Proxy, possibly learn anything, when their "role model" is just laughing through the content like it doesn't matter, while other struggle daily just to survive in 431 dungeons? If EME had someone who was "relevant" in end-game content, made guides, updated/supported them, and advertised them, I'd agree with you completely. Instead....
  • Aryd wrote: »
    This is the type of thing that it should be the developer's decision to implement, not the player.

Really? That's really not the road of conversation you want to go down, I promise. I'm not trying to be "that guy", I'm just stating that isn't a productive use of anyone's time. I will say, and have said before, EME tends to make it's community believe that they do not know how to play the game they've published.
    (I am not flaming KTC here, I want to point that out ahead of time, it's just pertinent.)

When your CM, your representation, the face of the game, plays the game as a Brawler, with another Brawler in the party, with no glyphs/crystals, has no idea how to run the content she's promoting, and then laughs maniacally because everything she's doing is of no consequence, it creates a large problem with your end-game community. I don't personally care if she specifically doesn't know anything about the end-game, or dungeons, if her thing is leveling, cosplay, RP, running around in circles, that's fine by me. The idea it represents is scary though. People will emulate this. To digress a bit back to the point, yes, there may be a full guide by the time the content reaches us, but we also depend on individuals, the ones who care about the game (and possibly the ones that are leaving) to make these guides for us. Do you have a KTera account? Do you playtest new dungeons on KTera and create guides? Even the guides we do have are outdated, as dungeons continue to change as they're re-released. How can the average person who plays Tera, with or without Proxy, possibly learn anything, when their "role model" is just laughing through the content like it doesn't matter, while other struggle daily just to survive in 431 dungeons? If EME had someone who was "relevant" in end-game content, made guides, updated/supported them, and advertised them, I'd agree with you completely. Instead....

While I agree it sucks that the publisher's team doesn't really have anyone who plays the game for OTHER reasons, I don't think it is really either the publisher or the developer's responsibility to make dungeon guides for the players. Personally, I wouldn't really mind if there were no guides written for the content at all. For me it's part of the reason why the game got so boring. We read guides on what to do, we go in the new dungeons on day 1 and clear them all and then we just run them over and over again through the duration of the patch.

This all really kind of strays from the main point of what I was saying though, which is simply that I don't believe it's fair for something like that to exist in the game if it's on the players-end, because not everyone is going to have it or know about it, or want to use it. Tbh I didn't even know it was a thing. I mean, a friend of mine who used the proxy did mention something to me once about doing a dungeon "with the guide" but it went right over my head.
  • https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/index Eu Downlod

refugees welcome <3

this is the end
  • You are someone else just like me that got caught in the tornado and at the best all that we can do is wait and see what others will decide.

I hope that this will not become irreversible.

The best of luck.
  • TankyHealerTankyHealer ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    In terms of endgame players, the ones that actually clears contents, minmax their character, and actually want to gear up instead of dress up (or both, I'm guilty of this), I don't know the exact percentage, but if I have to guess I'd say kind of small, considering how little people can clear AAHM versus how many that couldn't.

Obviously, this mostly impact the endgame players, as we are the ones that actually cares about our combat stats so much. The people I know all falls into categories: quit, semi quit, or quit and go EU.

With this group of people leaving the game, I really don't know how it will affect tera and it's remaining players. Will they care that no one can carry them to hm dungeons? Will they even want to do hm dungeons? Will anyone buy the talents they farmed? Will they be glad that we are gone? Or will they quit as well because their friends did.

Feedback post on a Friday, we all can see what they're trying to do. And why even a feedback thread? Haven't they heard enough feedback over the past 6 years? Was any of those feedback ever taken into conaideration? Did they ever fix any of the problems? Sad that eme is gone down to this level to bait out forum trolls attacking people and ultimately derailing the discussion... even though there was not much to discuss in the first place.

Anyway, I don't think I can stay anymore. Done enough complaining done enough whining, I'm just... done. Which made me really really sad, Tera was the first game I got serious about, and came such a long way going from not knowing how to put on gears to full max gears. Gotten to know some of the worst and best people, and made some of the most memorable memories. Tera could've been the best mmo, its combat system hands down still my favorite, but with a developer that doesn't care about it's foreign clients, and a delusional and dishonest on top of incompetent publisher, Tera has gotten very difficult to like. Really sad to make the decision to leave. I've played this for years, from when i was a kid to now a kid in adult form. No doubt tera has a huge influence on me and how I become who I am today, and I'm really thankful for that.