[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

An Open Discussion to everyone.

124»

Comments

• feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    @feminzii

Proxy doesn't help with Lag. Proxy helps with LATENCY. For example if your ping is 60+, be it 80, 100, 200, 300, it'll help make the game feel super smooth. Now it doesn't help with the server dying, spiking, a node along the way imploding, fluctuating ping, etc. You still need a stable connection to the server.

I'm just going off what people who used it say it did for them. I see a lot of people saying it helped with their lag (even a CTRL+F on the word "Lag" on the first page of this topic reveals a few individuals claiming it helped them with their lag), whether it actually does or not is another story and almost kind of irrelevant since I would honestly disagree that the game itself lags enough to the point where people are constantly dying in dungeons and not able to see what killed them.

As for the letter, I've already seen it. It's great that the right intentions were there and I never doubted they were. Good intentions, however, don't really change that what's out there is out there. The whole thing is really a very unfortunate situation.
  • VictorprestiVictorpresti ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    feminzii wrote: »
    @feminzii

Proxy doesn't help with Lag. Proxy helps with LATENCY. For example if your ping is 60+, be it 80, 100, 200, 300, it'll help make the game feel super smooth. Now it doesn't help with the server dying, spiking, a node along the way imploding, fluctuating ping, etc. You still need a stable connection to the server.

Also just gonna leave this here because seems fitting.

https://pastebin.com/5gSHMkRE

I'm just going off what people who used it say it did for them. I see a lot of people saying it helped with their lag (even a CTRL+F on the word "Lag" on the first page of this topic reveals a few individuals claiming it helped them with their lag), whether it actually does or not is another story and almost kind of irrelevant since I would honestly disagree that the game itself lags enough to the point where people are constantly dying in dungeons and not able to see what killed them.

As for the letter, I've already seen it. It's great that the right intentions were there and I never doubted they were. Good intentions, however, don't really change that what's out there is out there. The whole thing is really a very unfortunate situation.

Yeh, it won't stabilize your ping if it's fluctuating. I think they mean high ping in itself and not straight up lag.And at times the server does lag to unplayable degrees. I remember on VSHM dungeon patch, I'd come over to NA to play sometimes and the servers were so terrible at the time the boss would FREEZE, not just for me but for the ENTIRE PARTY. Also at times we had to simply call of the HH Raid because the boss would freeze, then would fast-forward all his actions after 10~15s causing everyone to die, over and over.

Also it happens since VM1 times until very recently, especially on events when people are actually playing the game.
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    This threads is a proof, even for people who doesn`t using `proxy`they get the serious impact because so many proxy-user leave the games, (because ENMASSE ban the tera-proxy which is made by third-party developers).

Tera-proxy is not a secret anymore, so i will help to explain what is tera-proxy according my knowledge and my understanding.
    tera-proxy is modification script or program made by third-party developers (And they were work by their own, and unofficial), in sort.. those third-party developers was working hard back in years, while BHS and ENMASSE as game-developers was CAN NOT fix and optimized TERA.

So, what is TERA problem? like skill dependency on ping?, FPS drops?, etc.
    BHS and ENMASSE cannot fix and optimize those things in years, and many player get impact (even for US players it self).

These tera-proxy who is made by Caali and Pinkipie, and other developer, fix certain issue in TERA, for example :
    - Skill Prediction (SP)
    This is script developed by SaltyMonkey, this script mean to be `simulate skill into client side`, by definition, if you used this script, you will have no more animation-lock on your skill, specialy if you have very low ping (between 200-350 ping), but with SP you have chance to complete very difficult dungeon like RRHM,AANM, and AAHM, while in those dungeon really needed very fast response with your skills.
    - FPS Utility
    This script means to increasing TERA FPS issue, by disable certain feature in the games.

I`m not defending the third-party developers which is made tera-proxy.
    this tera-proxy existed because BHS and ENMASSE as game-developers was fail to fix and optimized TERA (Or maybe they can not fix it).
    tera-proxy is not an excuse, but i think most of players would agree, if TERA was optimized, player no longer needed those proxy.

Most of players which is develop `their skills` by months or year by using proxy would understand this, How great TERA game-play is, and tera-proxy is unleash TERA to exceed those limitations.
    Now ENMASSE decide to ban all third-party program, and these means most of player who using tera-proxy (i believe most of high tier and high geared players, 99% of them was used proxy) will quit or migrated to other TERA which is still allow proxy user.

Speak of dependencies TERA-player-base for those tera-proxy, dont blame them.., blame BHS and ENMASSE which is fail to optimized TERA.
    So.. its up to BHS and ENMASSE, now they ban tera-proxy, and they gonna lost most of their player base.

"If BHS and ENMASSE can fix and optimized TERA, why we needed those god-damn proxy..?"
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

delete this post, mod already took action.
  • As a founder account who plays casually, I'm just really sad to see all the drama on the forums.

Luckily none of these issues impact me and I enjoy Tera.

Just watching people wish for the game to close down and making forum threats is really draining.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    Paige007 wrote: »
    As a founder account who plays casually, I'm just really sad to see all the drama on the forums.

Just watching people wish for the game to close down and making forum threats is really draining.

No we do not wish for it to close down, otherwise we wouldn't be here making all this ruckus. It's exactly because we don't want it to close down we're basically begging EME to rethink..... basically all of their recent decisions. And because we love the game as we do, most of us either quit or moved to EU publisher, even if it means starting all over again. It's great that this doesn't impact you, but I wonder what kind of game people like you (people who aren't impacted) will be left playing...
  • Anyone else notice how fast they fixed that emp problem?
  • Paige007 wrote: »
    As a founder account who plays casually, I'm just really sad to see all the drama on the forums.

Might just be me, but from where I'm standing, it's funny as [filtered].
  • Paige007 wrote: »

I don't think the players wants this game dead, however I do think that's what EME is trying to do. You see someone shooting their own foot and eventually moved onto shooting their own head, youd also assume that they wanted to end themselves.
  • GCDrift wrote: »
    Anyone else notice how fast they fixed that emp problem?

I did notice that...... MOO!
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think the players wants this game dead, however I do think that's what EME is trying to do. You see someone shooting their own foot and eventually moved onto shooting their own head, youd also assume that they wanted to end themselves.

Agreed. Hell, I don't think EME is even deliberately trying to sabotage the game, but I do think the higher-ups don't understand the consequences of their actions.

You can only make so many poor decisions before people start to question your intellect and/or integrity.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »

Agreed. Hell, I don't think EME is even deliberately trying to sabotage the game, but I do think the higher-ups don't understand the consequences of their actions.

You can only make so many poor decisions before people start to question your intellect and/or integrity.

I have to agree here since i can only believe that EME did not really understood that Tera right now is a heavy PvE game and since there are so many international players on the NA servers ( unlike EU which helps Gameforge to disable the proxy so easily ) then it was almost obvious that the international players would rely so much on this proxy thing to be able to clear the HMs and be competitive with others. At the same time, it was also quite obvious that players would rely so much on the dps meters to improve their rotations and hope to deal any kind of extra dps ( i am not using the dps meter because i am afraid to get punished randomly and miss my progress but i would definitely love to use it because i am lacking some knowledge about my rotation/stats/cooldowns/etc and this tool would help me to test and improve just like i did with WoW back in the days ).
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »

Like, even as someone who's not sided with the proxy as you could see prior, it's really one of the most idiotic ways to deal with the issue at hand to just out of the blue right after a turmoil time (server merge and it's conflicts that were left to the middle finger approach), they just go and out of the blue DMCA strike a dev's entire git (or what was it that the screwed), and then, after it, "We'll be looking into fixing stuff soon".

Like if the dev had clear cheat stuff on there, had been contacted to stop and pull his/her stuff from public availability and nothing, then OK agreed just strike the hammer and f00ck the sucker who's building actual cheats or being persistent on offenses, but if that's not the case, they sure dealt it the most dumb way possible.

Also if it really is as harmless as supporters say, then they should have shown they're working on a proper solution (and at least some results) before the takedown and all.
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Also if it really is as harmless as supporters say, then they should have shown they're working on a proper solution (and at least some results) before the takedown and all.

see? this is what annoys me and probably most of the people complaining. It's like they take our way to play the game somewhat steady and offer nothing in return.. at all. The literally tell you to either deal with your unsufferable ping and fps or don't play the game until who knows when.
    Considering they were perfectly aware that proxy was a thing, before taking such a drastic measure they should have prepared something to replace what it did beforehand :/

Personally, I can affirm I would never look at proxy again if they implemented something that did what SP and FPS did