old player dropping by..

what is going on?

never seen forum so active ?

can someone explain to me what recent change has led to this ?

Comments

• DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Explain? You can't even see? Even in the pinned topic?

• TankyHealerTankyHealer ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Basically a tldr for you:
    - We wanted playable ping, we wanted playable frames, and we asked for it
    - years after eme and bhs not doing anything, we got frustrated
    - a couple of dedicated people wrote programs to help issues that were never solved along with some QoL. That's generally referred to as proxy
    - some people took it a step too far and made actual cheats out of it

Quick background story, proxy does nothing on its own, it's powerful when you put modules into it. Ones that most people use are something (I don't think i can name them here because considered as cheats) basically helps people that doesnt live in Chicago and want to play competitively, the module does a lot but its main feature is that you can feel like playing at low ping. The actual cheats are for example letting valkyries one shot things with their skill [Dreamslash], which is referred to memeslash now. Some people glitch through CS gates and those are also exploits. Exploits are something proxy devs never support and ban immediately in their servers, that's their stance. Worth mentioning these exploits can be done without proxy.

- memeslash later on patched
    - XIGNCODE introduced, people didn't want a spyware on their computer, proxy offered ways to bypass XIGNCODE
    - XIGNCODE did nothing
    - EME pulled a DMCA on all third parties
    - [we are here now] EME put up a discussion post on a Friday so people can argue with each other because they don't have to reply on weekends.
  • so, people won't be able to use WTFAST and other program for reduced ping ???????

what ??? what happens if you use them LOL
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    EME made a potentially illegal DMCA (since they targeted things not related in any way to Tera as well) against proxy devs.
    They then threw fuel on the fire by saying they understand why people turned to proxy to help the game run and are "looking into providing some of the things 3rd party tools did".

All of this was done on a Friday.

Now people are waiting to see if EME is actually going to announce some plan to improve the game or just going to do nothing. So now the forums are full of people on both sides going "Muh ProXy" or "MuH tOS" while ignoring the fact that this was handled poorly regardless.
  • ahh i got it... damn that's usual ENE that i know lollll

has the population changed dramatically ?
  • The TOS argument:
    Even laws gets modified all the time, no matter how hard you quote the TOS it doesn't change the fact that people just want to not play at 200+ ms

I don't know what's EME's stance on WTFast. But what I can say is that WTFast barely helped my ping at all, and this game is just like any other korean mmo, very ping reliant

• MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Kiehleon wrote: »
    ahh i got it... damn that's usual ENE that i know lollll

EU has higher population throughout most of the day now according to Steam Charts. NA only reaches its peak late at night (which would be 3AM - 6AM for EU users.)
  • Equitas wrote: »
    WTFast, and other VPNs, are fine. They don't modify TERA files.

If you are talking about modifying files, then how about changing FoV? How about optimizing your ini files? That is by definition changing game files, and I don't think proxy does that (correct me if I'm wrong)

Just look at this, the decrease in NA and the increase in EU
    Moon.png

and this is considering all the "cheat programs" are still up and running, up until Oct 16th.

Obviously, a lot of the players using these programs will either leave or semi leave. And very unfortunately the people that actually use them are the endgame players, these are the players that spends hours and hours in this game, buying cosmetics, and paying for subscriptions. What the outcome looks like is already very clear.
  • hmmm.. EU servers are located in Europe right? would that server have higher ping for US based players?
  • Kiehleon wrote: »
    hmmm.. EU servers are located in Europe right? would that server have higher ping for US based players?

But at least Gameforge didn't pull a DMCA on proxy, and they openly accepted dps meter as long as you don't harass people with it.
  • Kiehleon wrote: »
    hmmm.. EU servers are located in Europe right? would that server have higher ping for US based players?

Yeah, but I'm supposing people can still get away with using proxies for EU tera.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »

If you are talking about modifying files, then how about changing FoV? How about optimizing your ini files? That is by definition changing game files, and I don't think proxy does that (correct me if I'm wrong)

Moon.png

and this is considering all the "cheat programs" are still up and running, up until Oct 16th.

Obviously, a lot of the players using these programs will either leave or semi leave. And very unfortunately the people that actually use them are the endgame players, these are the players that spends hours and hours in this game, buying cosmetics, and paying for subscriptions. What the outcome looks like is already very clear.

so even russian have more players than us ?
  • vkobe wrote: »
    Equitas wrote: »

Moon.png

so even russian have more players than us ?

I don't know if that is the correct way to put it. Let me explain this.

This is moongourd uploads. This relies on 2 things: people having a meter to upload, and people doing dungeons so there's something to upload. There is definitely some connections between moongourd upload to the activity of a game, but not 100% correlation, if you know what I'm trying to get at.

I guess the more correct way to say it is that, there are more people doing dungeons in Russia than NA. How you interpret that is up to you.
This discussion has been closed.