[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Expected Ping if playing in EU

So, everyone knows what's up, and what's going on. I've been itching to get back into Tera for a while now but it's painfully obvious EME wants nothing to do with the well-being of this game's community anymore - So I want to know from those who have tried - and recently too - what is your experience with ping playing on EU from NA?

I live in Minnesota so I'm basically smack-dab in the dead center of the US, does anyone in the same region-ish area have any idea what kind of ping I can expect? I main Lancer and Slayer, so I know ping is going to be a concern for my overall game play experience. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated as my cousin and friend who live with me would also like to get back into Tera but will undoubtedly follow if I migrate to EU.

Also if it's relevant to ping:

PC is an R5 1600, RX480, 16Gb RAM, Tera on an SSD
Internet is cable @ ~115Mbps up, 5Mbps down, and i'm wired into the router

Comments

• My ping is around 100-150 over on EU but at peak hours ( when a lot of people are playing) it can jump up to 250.
  • I'm on the east coast and my ping on eu is around 110ish.
    So your should be around 150 - 180ish.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    https://pingtestlive.com/tera
    or
    ping/tracert Tera-europe.com
  • RyusamaRyusama ✭✭✭
    If you are using windows Press Win + R, type 'cmd' (without the '') in the textbox and press Accept.

On the console type the following:

ping 79.110.94.195

That will give you an idea on the expected ping in Tera EU.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Dvsv wrote: »
    https://pingtestlive.com/tera
    or
    ping/tracert Tera-europe.com

I think I might have issues with that tool... I get ~39 ping with NA but ~3000 with EU. Even Korea is only ~200 for me. Thanks for the tool though!
    Ryusama wrote: »
    If you are using windows Press Win + R, type 'cmd' (without the '') in the textbox and press Accept.

On the console type the following:

ping 79.110.94.195

That will give you an idea on the expected ping in Tera EU.

Okay this gave me a wildly different result - came back with an average of 129ms. That seems perfectly doable all things considered. Did it a second time and got the exact same response so I'm happy with that.

Thanks guys!

tumblr_omf909jsku1ueflqxo6_540.gif
  • RyusamaRyusama ✭✭✭
    You're welcome :)
  • Unfortunately, I'm stuck at about 150ms for both NA and EU tera. I suppose it's time for me to find a new game.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Fanciful wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I'm stuck at about 150ms for both NA and EU tera. I suppose it's time for me to find a new game.

150 ms PVE wise is very playable with third party stuff, and there'll be no more third party apps for NA so the choice is clear...
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    I used to play in EU but got region blocked by them, but I had 500 ping with them.
  • Fanciful wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I'm stuck at about 150ms for both NA and EU tera. I suppose it's time for me to find a new game.

I've been playing TERA NA with an averrage ping of 120 - 180 and never had any issues.
  • I have 140 ping at Tera EU and really dont mind it. I'm playing archer and my skills are landing alright.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    I just pinged a couple more times and got 128 and 129 average ping. Honestly I don't think that will be a big issue considering how bad the networks in the US are. I already had to play Lancer compensating for things like that here, so I actually think I won't notice too big of a difference.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    I used to play here with 125ms ping and when the server start to lag my whole party screams LAG on their mics and few guys dies. I wonder how the lag is for you guys on EU because my ping is 20ms there so I can't compare. Really curious because EME refuse to acknowledge the lag from Zayo bad routing and never fixed it for 2 years.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    240 for me. I'm SOL... but I'm not planning to play on EU..... nor on NA, since game-wise I already moved on. I just hit the forums once in awhile.