[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

The only solutions

Comments

• Zoknahal wrote: »
    Guess what! They activated the Halloween event, and didnt even announced it. Same was for Rootstock, activated and announce it a day after

Way to go EME.

Off to a good start! :lol:
  • I vote for 1!
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    RDMichie wrote: »
    The 'proxy' is developed under Node JS (an interpreted language), plus it runs in the client (using 'like a local host'), so it allows every capable player to modify the proxy behaviour. In order to let it work you should program it in a different programming language (a compiled one) and pack it.

But the true is that the core feature of the proxy is very very simple, it just skip the server validation for skill prediction / execution, replacing this validation for a local (and instant) check. The lack of server validation also improves the PING because those packets does not travel, so the data exchange is less. So if BH develop a secure clientsided skill predictor / validator the problem will be solved (in fact the client already have something like that in some way). There is a lot of other crazy client/server checks to fix, but this one is the MOST important.

I don't like the fact that EME decides to remove the proxy, but the true is that some people uses it for cheating, so sadly EME have his point. I'm not crying of course, but i cannot play without proxy because my PING is 190/240 ms (is playable?: yes, is enjoyable?: not).

All i can do right now is wait and see that EME will do, i like to play Tera and i don't want to quit.

And not, i'm not a cheater, i'm a game developer.

Keep it in mind: Cheaters are developers (but not me :p), so they does not need a third party software for cheating, they develop their own. In terms of fair play it maybe cut the wings of some leechers, but does not fix anything.

Do you even know how to program bro? They literally have access to the source code and don't even need to rewrite node.js just to implement what proxy does. They just have to modify the server/client source code to add skill queues so theres no ping tax in between 2 skills.
  • Even assuming they implement any sort of solutions that satisfies players and makes some of them come back, then what? How long until the next screwup? how many people will their next inevitable screw up [filtered] off? How will many will then ban/censor/cover up next time? there is such a thing as using up all your good will.
  • Number 3 is not as ridiculous as you might think.

If EME folded, they'd be trying to liquidate any assets they had.
    Selling all their user accounts to Gameforge is not impossible (as far as I know, I'm not a lawyer) assuming Gameforge were even interested.
    I'd prefer it if EME were sold to an independent publisher with the power to say no to BHS and ensure there remained some competition between EME and GF.
  • buffons wrote: »
    Even assuming they implement any sort of solutions that satisfies players and makes some of them come back, then what? How long until the next screwup? how many people will their next inevitable screw up [filtered] off? How will many will then ban/censor/cover up next time? there is such a thing as using up all your good will.

No game is perfect. Especially not this one. People will always nitpick over something idiotic. However these issues are the most pressing currently, and addressing them properly will go a long way. They have no choice either way, this isn't about having a good will. However look at the bright side. Its the point of no return anyhow, so perhaps if they fix these current issues, they might get inspired to finally address the customization issues someday. Who knows really.
  • ChocobananaChocobanana ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    v1nLeYK.jpg
    Body is 10 characters too short.
  • teralover123teralover123 ✭✭✭
    edited March 3
    Body is 10 characters too short.
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to have to use proxy to play the game with a decent ping. I live 5 hours from the servers. There is no reason why I should be getting the same ping as someone who lives half way across the world.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    > @Dokibun said:
    > I don't want to have to use proxy to play the game with a decent ping. I live 5 hours from the servers. There is no reason why I should be getting the same ping as someone who lives half way across the world.

So basically you want an advantage over everyone who doesnt have your location privaledge? Lol... Why is it so hard for people to want a common ground. Most players in tera used proxy, it provided an even playing field. You living near the server vs others who don't is an unfair situation.

Or are you saying you have bad ping...?
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Saabi wrote: »
    > @Dokibun said:
    > I don't want to have to use proxy to play the game with a decent ping. I live 5 hours from the servers. There is no reason why I should be getting the same ping as someone who lives half way across the world.

So basically you want an advantage over everyone who doesnt have your location privaledge? Lol... Why is it so hard for people to want a common ground. Most players in tera used proxy, it provided an even playing field. You living near the server vs others who don't is an unfair situation.

Or are you saying you have bad ping...?

??? I think you're reading too much into this.
    I'm saying I think they need better servers. There's zero reason why someone in NA should have the ping of someone from say EU trying to play on NA. That's what I'm saying.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Another solution thread for a company not looking for a solution.

I do love all of the people that think they're so smart that they can come up with solutions EME has never even thought of. They aren't rocket scientists at EME, but they aren't a bunch of bumbling baboons either. You created a thread to tell them an option is to come up with their own program. Really? Golly, you're the best. I bet they never even thought that was an option. Better yet, just change your TOS to let in all 3rd party programs. Yeah, that's gonna go over great. They won't have any control over what is hidden in those gems, but oh well. My favorite is the just give your accounts over to EU. Yeah, I am sure Gameforge would just love to import a bunch of accounts from Tera that most likely won't even buy enough from Gameforge to cover the import. The only way I could ever see that working is if you paid EME and Gameforge, which after the way you guys cried over paying for server transfers and demanded the merge, I doubt is a possibility.
  • None of these solutions apply in the real world.
    1) eme couldn't code anything to save their lives, and bhs takes at least 6 months to get stuff to us even if they did care enough to.
    2) proxy isn't broken or banned or anything, the devs just got tired of eme and don't want to work as volunteer eme customer support anymore
    3) the databases across regions would require a LOT of effort to make compatible, there's no way it would be viable anytime soon even if both companies somehow agreed to it.

A real solution would be to just STOP MAKING TERRIBLE DECISIONS, EME...