[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

The only solutions

Comments

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Saabi wrote: »
    > Dokibun said:
    > I don't want to have to use proxy to play the game with a decent ping. I live 5 hours from the servers. There is no reason why I should be getting the same ping as someone who lives half way across the world.

So basically you want an advantage over everyone who doesnt have your location privaledge? Lol... Why is it so hard for people to want a common ground. Most players in tera used proxy, it provided an even playing field. You living near the server vs others who don't is an unfair situation.

Or are you saying you have bad ping...?

can... we.... JUST STOP THIS MAJORITY BULLCRAP ALREADY???

Seriously. At least tone it down to "most hardcore/competitive players" (which even that could be a stretch but I'll accept this one)... Just... STOP this, it ain't giving you any more credibility to your words.

EDIT: besides, heck yeah reading comprehension: "[...] I don't want to have to use proxy [...]"
  • I think this video is related to this and the general topic of proxies and game decisions. Kinda stumbled across it, reminded me of this situation. I think it's an interesting watch.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    > @ElinLove said:
    > Saabi wrote: »
    >
    > > Dokibun said:
    > > I don't want to have to use proxy to play the game with a decent ping. I live 5 hours from the servers. There is no reason why I should be getting the same ping as someone who lives half way across the world.
    >
    > So basically you want an advantage over everyone who doesnt have your location privaledge? Lol... Why is it so hard for people to want a common ground. Most players in tera used proxy, it provided an even playing field. You living near the server vs others who don't is an unfair situation.
    >
    >
    >
    > Or are you saying you have bad ping...?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > can... we.... JUST STOP THIS MAJORITY BULLCRAP ALREADY???
    >
    > Seriously. At least tone it down to "most hardcore/competitive players" (which even that could be a stretch but I'll accept this one)... Just... STOP this, it ain't giving you any more credibility to your words.
    >
    > EDIT: besides, heck yeah reading comprehension: "[...] I don't want to have to use proxy [...]"

I guess NA being a ghost town has nothing to do with the heavy hand on proxy eme is having? Stop being delusional.

I asked at the end whether he meant he had high ping or not.

Most people who actually played this game and had any impact used proxy, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by attempting to call me out on this lol. Just look around in game...
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    >stop being delusional

Stop you being delusional, you know very well the game was in crap state before the merge, and you know very well that people just rush to get their crap sorted out post merge. Merge done? 'kay I'm out. This game has been like this since always, all you got now was the fusion of both.

Really. Stop the majority crap. Go ahead and quote Moongourd uploads like everyone else did as well like yeah that's "the majority".

I definitely do not doubt that the top dogs doing the competitive PVP/PVE runs have influence. But yes it still IS delusional to think that those rule the game. Whales are still whales paying for 100+ dollars of EMP to sell and get stuff easy. They don't even need the higher end runs to get their stuff, and definitely don't need to pull the top level damage numbers (who other than competitive ones need that anyway?). Those, are maintaining it standing. Those, got screwed on MERGE with character deletion. You just got into a very terrible timing for this, it was no wonder it would happen. I do agree it gave a nice push, but no more than this.
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    >stop being delusional

Stop you being delusional, you know very well the game was in crap state before the merge, and you know very well that people just rush to get their crap sorted out post merge. Merge done? 'kay I'm out. This game has been like this since always, all you got now was the fusion of both.

Really. Stop the majority crap. Go ahead and quote Moongourd uploads like everyone else did as well like yeah that's "the majority".

I definitely do not doubt that the top dogs doing the competitive PVP/PVE runs have influence. But yes it still IS delusional to think that those rule the game. Whales are still whales paying for 100+ dollars of EMP to sell and get stuff easy. They don't even need the higher end runs to get their stuff, and definitely don't need to pull the top level damage numbers (who other than competitive ones need that anyway?). Those, are maintaining it standing. Those, got screwed on MERGE with character deletion. You just got into a very terrible timing for this, it was no wonder it would happen. I do agree it gave a nice push, but no more than this.

I mean you just trying to maintain your narrative by saying stuff without much basis to it. I didn't know a single person I used to play with who didn't use proxy or dps meter in one way or another.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you about this. There's more evidence proving me right, right now. So go ahead, your flame bait is not about to work here.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    > @Victorpresti said:
    > ElinLove wrote: »
    >
    > >stop being delusional
    >
    > Stop you being delusional, you know very well the game was in crap state before the merge, and you know very well that people just rush to get their crap sorted out post merge. Merge done? 'kay I'm out. This game has been like this since always, all you got now was the fusion of both.
    >
    > Really. Stop the majority crap. Go ahead and quote Moongourd uploads like everyone else did as well like yeah that's "the majority".
    >
    > I definitely do not doubt that the top dogs doing the competitive PVP/PVE runs have influence. But yes it still IS delusional to think that those rule the game. Whales are still whales paying for 100+ dollars of EMP to sell and get stuff easy. They don't even need the higher end runs to get their stuff, and definitely don't need to pull the top level damage numbers (who other than competitive ones need that anyway?). Those, are maintaining it standing. Those, got screwed on MERGE with character deletion. You just got into a very terrible timing for this, it was no wonder it would happen. I do agree it gave a nice push, but no more than this.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I mean you just trying to maintain your narrative by saying stuff without much basis to it. I didn't know a single person I used to play with who didn't use proxy or dps meter in one way or another.

Exactly. There's aboslutely NO basis to his words. Just another forum troll that probably farms iod and trnm that wants to feel important through forums.
  • Region transfer lul. NA would be wiped. Donezo
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Tbh, i got no data to prove my claim but i think that the majority of casuals players that we got since Steam release already left this game LONG ago and a big portion of the current playerbase was in fact endgame PVE players that just found a competitive pve scene on Tera (moongourd and all that stuff)...
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    >stop being delusional

I mean you just trying to maintain your narrative by saying stuff without much basis to it. I didn't know a single person I used to play with who didn't use proxy or dps meter in one way or another.

Great basis there also. I didn't know a single one that DID use proxy or DPS meter. I've been in very few runs where people said they had/posted it as well, Conclusions? Yeah very consistent "It is what I've seen" data.
    AxeI wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    >stop being delusional

What should we believe, all the data proving us right or your baseless comment? The whales in this game were the high end community. All you'll have left is privileged people with 30ms left in the game. Even people that didn't use proxy but used DPS meter have no reason at all to stick around. You're truly delusional.

....what data? Seriously, WHAT DATA? The dev's own data showing a mass migration? Ain't it a tad skewed perspective there?

As I say, the game's health has been crap since ~2016 to begin with. This did give a push. Merge that was supposed to solve the population gave another huge push. Stop being delusional with the majority crap is all I ask. I don't care how much you think it's important for the proxy to exist and all, I just can't with that crap that everyone and their dog's alt account have proxy enabled.
  • Fight against the tide, but once the water is gone, there will be desert.
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    Elinlove just another alt account for elinusagi after he finally got banned.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khernz wrote: »
    Elinlove just another alt account for elinusagi after he finally got banned.

You don't agree with me = You're a troll, stupid, wrong, my enemy and likely an alt