Anyone running tera with a GTX 1070/1080?

Topic. My PC melted recently and I'd like to see if anyone got their hands on a gtx 1070 recently and if the performance gains are worth it over like a gtx 970. Please list your fps and cpu.

Thanks!

Comments

• I'm running GTX 1070 + i7 6700 and I get anywhere between 80-120 idle on max settings, but when it comes to boss fights in dungeons or corsairs stronghold, it would go anywhere from 20 to 30 fps.
  • so basically... no gains? lol

this isn't 1080/1070 related but its a benchmark i've done of tera

Tera In-Depth FrameRate Analysis
  • do u know the meaning of CPU intensive games??.... thats why it doesnt matter which vga do u have, ur fps gonna be the same [filtered].. unless u get a badass INTEL proccesor, cos' AMD suck for tera.. and this game is poorly optimized.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tera uses more the cpu than the gpu. Ironic but that's true. And even on the best cpu, Tera will flop in some instances due to poor optimization.
  • StarbuzzStarbuzz ✭✭✭
    I'm using an I-7 4790k 4.0ghz CPU paired with a GTX 970 and im getting 120 fps in SSHM, raids like DF I get 80fps, big towns I get 40-50fps. In combat is usually 50ish fps. Get a cpu like mine and you will see how much of a huge difference it makes. GPU doesn't do much and upgrading to the 10X series is very very minimal from the 900 series.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand, the biggest differences in the more modern video cards is usually their energy and heat footprint. They supposedly use less power and heat up less. But performance between them is the usual increment we are accustomed to.
  • going by raw numbers... a 4790k or my 5775c with massive overclocks should be the CPUs with the highest single core performance.