Come tune into our weekly News Stream! Find all of TERA console and PC news here:
We're having two maintenance's this week! Tuesday, December 11 from 8 - 11 am PST (three hours) and Thursday, December 13 from 10 - 11 am PST (one hour).

Do you miss the old Lumbertown quests?

For some reason, I decided to go explore Lumbertown with a new character rather than head directly to Crescentia. I was surprised that a bunch of the old side-quests were still available and took my time completing them while exploring the area. Man, I was overwhelmed by nostalgia. I really do miss these zones, and it's such a shame they had to be brushed aside alongside the old Island of Dawn and numerous other cool features. I do like it that Crescentia has become a hub of sorts, but eh... at least these side-quests still exist.

This also reminded me of that dungeon "A Blast From The Past", which allowed Lv. 60 players to join older dungeons.

Comments

• CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I really do
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    I miss the old leveling system. IoD, no 'Joy of Partying' to catapult you 5+ levels each dungeon run, where crafting armor was legitimately beneficial, we had item drops from leveling dungeons that we actually wanted to use, and you actually benefited from completing quests and getting rewards from them.

I miss when Tera was a legitimate lv1 to level-cap RPG.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerichow wrote: »
    I miss the old leveling system. IoD, no 'Joy of Partying' to catapult you 5+ levels each dungeon run, where crafting armor was legitimately beneficial, we had item drops from leveling dungeons that we actually wanted to use, and you actually benefited from completing quests and getting rewards from them.

I miss when Tera was a legitimate lv1 to level-cap RPG.

i couldn't agree more
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the things to hurt the leveling process was that many guilds didn't want players until they were level 60, and then 65. so everything got streamlined cause people cried about how long it took to level up. then after they changed the way guilds leveled up, guilds were wanting level 1 people to help level their guilds up.
    that is why I would love to have a classic server, before the fate of arune patch.
  • Yup love the old lumber town quests. Very simple gameplay but very enyojable when you’re learning your class.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    one of the things to hurt the leveling process was that many guilds didn't want players until they were level 60, and then 65. so everything got streamlined cause people cried about how long it took to level up. then after they changed the way guilds leveled up, guilds were wanting level 1 people to help level their guilds up.
    that is why I would love to have a classic server, before the fate of arune patch.

True, but fixing that would have been as easy as having Sub-65 guild quests/activities that benefited a guild to encourage them to recruit newer players and help them along. Sadly it becomes nigh impossible because at that point, BHS would have to code in those mechanics and well.... We know how that story goes.

But still, I wish we could bring back the old game play mechanics back where it took me 1-2 months of casual play to get a character to 65. I never could understand or come to enjoy this, "Get your new character to 65 in X hours!" nonsense that we have now. It invalidates so much of the actual game itself that it makes you wonder why there's even a leveling process to go through now in the first place.

I loved when you had 1-64 Tera, that felt like one game; and then you had Lv 65/End Game Tera that felt like a completely different game entirely. It made the feeling of getting to level-cap actually mean something. Now if your'e not 65, people look at you like, "WTF are you even doing?"
  • I always loved leveling with questing, as that was main thing that attracted me in Tera (that's how I ended with 8 accounts and 35 lvl 65's).
    Missing old times that's for sure, leveling with human interaction and having fun doing quests all over beautiful open world, sitting around campfire and chatting, recharging stamina or just keeping warm in cold places. :)
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    There were so many ways to do things, made the world feel more real.

While I enjoy the game we have, I do miss that.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    Honestly lumbertown should be transformed in to island of dawn 2 to allow more pvers farming areas.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    I only missed them cause it brought people into the town and kept it alive

L***town is best town. NEVER FORGETTI
  • Ah the times when most zones and reputations were still relevant.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Honestly lumbertown should be transformed in to island of dawn 2 to allow more pvers farming areas.

So let's bomb it all with arcane energy and add a bunch of big monsters there? No thanks....

As for Lumbertown, after it was made meaningless, I still went there when I played. The Bacon Lover title was still up for grabs last time I played. Probably still is if they haven't changed it.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    For the memories of Island of Dawn and Fey Forest 2012-2015 :cry: I'll just leave this here...

• JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8
    NikuroTega wrote: »
    For the memories of Island of Dawn and Fey Forest 2012-2015 :cry: I'll just leave this here...

well that hits the feels right at home

100c5d677cc28ea3f154c70d641f655b_meme-crying-gif-crying-gif-meme_620-340.gif

• MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »

So let's bomb it all with arcane energy and add a bunch of big monsters there? No thanks....

As for Lumbertown, after it was made meaningless, I still went there when I played. The Bacon Lover title was still up for grabs last time I played. Probably still is if they haven't changed it.

Side-quests are still there, but you won't explore all of the areas, face the bosses or watch cutscenes since these were tied to a story quest (which is now gone).