Do you miss the old Lumbertown quests?

Comments

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Maulclaw wrote: »
    Nopi wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Honestly lumbertown should be transformed in to island of dawn 2 to allow more pvers farming areas.

So let's bomb it all with arcane energy and add a bunch of big monsters there? No thanks....

As for Lumbertown, after it was made meaningless, I still went there when I played. The Bacon Lover title was still up for grabs last time I played. Probably still is if they haven't changed it.

Side-quests are still there, but you won't explore all of the areas, face the bosses or watch cutscenes since these were tied to a story quest (which is now gone).

Well yeah. Sadly a lot was removed. I also heavily miss the original story and the original level 20 intro to the game where your character was actually one of Elleon's friends and fought the black kumas.

• KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I used to like questing in Lumbertown back when Tera followed Lore.

Now I go there to "gather" on new chars takes about 10-15 minutes to get all the 1st level materials
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    *salting meat*

Leveling really was quite fun back then, specially since you actually could do a lot, AND run BGs at Lv 30. Kumasylum and CS was where I learned most of all classes (available at that time...) frankly, it was a different, chill way to play it.
    It was when leveling that I learned how to farm gold from Gods Tears (or how was it spelled), and since then the Dress Up Simulator got me good.

• This makes me long for a legacy server more and more....
  • > @Bonbonnie said:
    > This makes me long for a legacy server more and more....

The lumbertown bridge, so many good memories. So and so has locked a skill on you and then dead.
  • GCDrift wrote: »
    > @Bonbonnie said:
    > This makes me long for a legacy server more and more....

The lumbertown bridge, so many good memories. So and so has locked a skill on you and then dead.

Mmmm not quite. Playing on the PvE servers and roleplaying was where it was at.
  • I really miss the old TERA. It makes me sad how this game has just completely gone down the drain.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    AbstractCH wrote: »
    I really miss the old TERA. It makes me sad how this game has just completely gone down the drain.

Yeah, and after seeing the post above showing the start of IoD.... man I hate Anya and that god awful wasteland of an island we start on now even more.
  • @Jerichow my heart will always see you.
  • This post made me join to the Forums. This point of view is from someone that played alot of mmos before. Last one, FFXIV.
    It's just a point of my view, okay? I don't wanna start a fight or anything like that. :'c

How can be a game like Tera... With such scenarios in their maps... is so, but so wasted? It's more than a shame that many maps got forgetten, as a new player experience why I can go there? Just to see how wasted the art of this game is? It's really dissapointed.
    The easy-fast leveling kill this game, even with those maps without optimization, you could at least felt like you was living an adventure there. But now? It's just like a instanced zone level of 10-15 minutes, where you kill everything with just a few skills.

I think a "classic tera" idea it would bring more people to this game, than the actual sh*t that we can play now. It would be nice if they handle it like Lineage 2 is doing, not just a static server forever.
    L2 brings new content in classic time to time, Tera could do the same, could do the right thing but... It's a big game WASTED to reach max level, then what? Run the same dungeons over and over. Put money to dress up my Elin. Stay in Velika. And...Nah, I think that it's what you can expected from the real end game.

This game no need more dungeons, this game needs an actual rework of how the Tera world works. Serious craft system. Professions aside our classes. BAMS spawning randomly across the whole world, so people can party up and kill them for a Usefull end reward, or a nice amount of FC.
    Rework of the dungeons. There is no difficult at all in them, made a "sync system" where levels and ilvl gear are sync in the party to get the real experience from every dungeon. So you can get into the dungeon being max lvl and have the same experience as you was in the past days.
    Put more things as cosmetics in the cash shop, people will pay them, but CARE about your game too cause no one will play it.

I know Tera should be a BIG game cause action combat. But as I said before, it has a lot of art wasted, it could have a nice lore. Everything is a "instance" now, since you can teleport places without even reach them, so you use the mounts not even for discover places.

While BHS have Tera in their hands these things, sadly I must say, will never happend.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hirumie wrote: »
    This post made me join to the Forums. This point of view is from someone that played alot of mmos before. Last one, FFXIV.
    It's just a point of my view, okay? I don't wanna start a fight or anything like that. :'c

How can be a game like Tera... With such scenarios in their maps... is so, but so wasted? It's more than a shame that many maps got forgetten, as a new player experience why I can go there? Just to see how wasted the art of this game is? It's really dissapointed.
    The easy-fast leveling kill this game, even with those maps without optimization, you could at least felt like you was living an adventure there. But now? It's just like a instanced zone level of 10-15 minutes, where you kill everything with just a few skills.

I think a "classic tera" idea it would bring more people to this game, than the actual sh*t that we can play now. It would be nice if they handle it like Lineage 2 is doing, not just a static server forever.
    L2 brings new content in classic time to time, Tera could do the same, could do the right thing but... It's a big game WASTED to reach max level, then what? Run the same dungeons over and over. Put money to dress up my Elin. Stay in Velika. And...Nah, I think that it's what you can expected from the real end game.

This game no need more dungeons, this game needs an actual rework of how the Tera world works. Serious craft system. Professions aside our classes. BAMS spawning randomly across the whole world, so people can party up and kill them for a Usefull end reward, or a nice amount of FC.
    Rework of the dungeons. There is no difficult at all in them, made a "sync system" where levels and ilvl gear are sync in the party to get the real experience from every dungeon. So you can get into the dungeon being max lvl and have the same experience as you was in the past days.
    Put more things as cosmetics in the cash shop, people will pay them, but CARE about your game too cause no one will play it.

I know Tera should be a BIG game cause action combat. But as I said before, it has a lot of art wasted, it could have a nice lore. Everything is a "instance" now, since you can teleport places without even reach them, so you use the mounts not even for discover places.

While BHS have Tera in their hands these things, sadly I must say, will never happend.

Basically what you're saying can be interpreted (and I agree with this view), that the game should literally be redone using only the concept of it's fight system and it's 3D assets. Keep the art modeling and such, keep the soundtrack, mix and match a bit too, the boss fight music being always the same gets stale, heck Timescape's last boss song was so kick a-ss it got you hyped to start the fight, and do from almost scratch something that just retains the fight concept and the races, if not adding some more too (and while at it, customization: Please make Elin ears and tail selection separate from hair selection).

It's gone through so many changes in focus and what exactly you do at this game, that it's getting hard to point out how to fix it. Some of the things that we hate now, match some of the stuff we like now and so on, it's gotten a big mess that is quite hard to fix.

If they ever managed to get money to do some TERA 2 of sorts (like that Project Exa or what was it called) that would be amazing... if they don't screw it up
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    One of the reasons why Tera's leveling has been shortened was because apparently many players (I assume in Korea because no way such a change could come from any other region) complained about a slow leveling system (meanwhile BnS retains it's leveling mostly intact minus dungeons, and nobody cares), so they decided to do what was done to it.

The start of the game, the lore on how your character got here, has been changed greatly at least 2 times that I remember. In the first version I played from 2012, your character is part of the First expedition and one of Elleon's soldiers. Then they swapped that to make you an actual fresh recruit into IoD, after they removed the playable prologue (no idea what reasons since you could skip it anyway if you wanted). This one still ties with the first version in lore, but your character is now removed from the first expedition. Then they decided to wreck IoD to make it a monster farm area and that of course meant the initial zone had to change too. So now the current new characters are villagers turned soldiers from the floating island. Actually, when your character leaves the floating island, you get a letter faking the character's exploits, erasing what was done in that plae and replacing the info to claim he's from the second expedition, all to not change the lore further after reaching Velika.

In my opinion, it's a mess... But whatever. I'm not the one who decides what to do with this game.
  • Plot was always bad and everyone I knew just mashed F. Do not miss it at all and am glad they sped up levelling / slashed off a lot of content. Would be glad if they continue to deviate from rpg elements, such as removing cutscenes from dungeons. RRNM story quests are an example of [filtered] poor implementation, where I see people needing to run the dungeon 2+ times in order to complete the quest due to poor triggers. RKNM last boss is an example of terrible cutscene placement, where the cutscene trigger location can aggro the boss.
  • Nopi wrote: »
    One of the reasons why Tera's leveling has been shortened was because apparently many players (I assume in Korea because no way such a change could come from any other region) complained about a slow leveling system (meanwhile BnS retains it's leveling mostly intact minus dungeons, and nobody cares), so they decided to do what was done to it.

Ehh, I'm pretty sure people from all the regions including ours were generally in favour of shortening that process, though maybe not the exact way they did it.

Leveling a character back at launch was extremely slow and tedious, particularly when you got to around the mid-30s/early-40s. A ton of people just abandoned the game at that point. The one saving grace was that, at the very beginning, there were a lot of others leveling in the same zones so you could form BAM parties. That at least broke it up and allowed you to split your time between quests, dungeons, and BAMs. But once the initial cohort was gone, you couldn't really form BAM parties anymore, so it was basically just quests and dungeons (until they added level 30 Corsairs).

It's one thing to go through that leveling process once, but if they wanted people to keep creating more characters for the new classes, a lot of people wouldn't have wanted to go through that slog again. I assume that's why Reaper started at 50 (really 58), and shortly thereafter they streamlined the leveling process for the other classes.

The few points I might make is that the MSQ content is undertuned given everyone has avatar weapons, MSQ now involves too much travel so wastes a lot of time (so despite giving massive blocks of EXP, it's still not the most efficient way), and that I would have left some party-BAMs just so that people who still wanted the BAM party experience (or a challenging solo experience) could have it. But in the end... I might do the original leveling process once again for the nostalgia, but I really don't think I'd want to do that on all my alts anymore.

Nopi wrote: »
    (meanwhile BnS retains it's leveling mostly intact minus dungeons, and nobody cares)

FWIW, BnS did almost exactly the same thing as TERA did: they provided more powerful weapons automatically as you level, and made it so you could make it all the way to level cap by just following the main story quests (ignoring the side-quests). As a result, the leveling process is much faster now than it was at launch. Main difference I would say is that their MSQ is a bit more fleshed out, so the leveling process doesn't feel quite as trivialized as it feels in TERA... but the core of what they did is very similar in both games.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    snip

Actually, what they did in BnS was to remove the upgradeable gear you get at the start of the game, and now the quests just give you blue rarity gear from the dungeons. So the leveling is a tad faster only because you don't need to farm the dungeons to upgrade the old weapon. BUT, at least from my experience, my upgradeable gear was usually stronger than what the dungeons dropped (hence why those were used as materials to upgrade your own weapons as they were not really meant to replace your actual gear, and more as a temporary crutch while you upgraded your stuff if you were a little behind). So now you are just running around with gear once meant as sacrifice. Not really stronger, but since now there's no reason to do those dungeons, and you anyway could kill story enemies with a wet noodle since always, the experience is faster. Sure, after certain point, they went crazy and started handing legendary gear left and right. But none of this was part of the initial game, so I don't count it as such.

As for what's done in Tera, I personally would have addressed the travel issue by adding camp teleport scrolls given to the player when doing the story quest of the place. I would streamline a few quests so there's only a camp per area and lowered the amount of yellow quests so people don't feel overwhelmed. But I would have still allowed people to run through the whole map so the areas do not look like wasted space as they are now. This is how the 60-65 portion works. People feel progress there and are not stuck in a single camp for too long. Yet you get to see the whole of the area while leveling up. At least that's how it was last time I played... Hopefully it's still the same?